Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat has been missing for 5 nights

Nat
April 28th, 2004, 12:54 PM
:(

He left last Friday morning. As usual. And as usual he would be back by 6 PM to meet me from work. He never did. The weather in Toronto for the past 4 days was terrible, cold nights and heavy rains. I am afraid he is hit by a car and the one who is responsible just took him away.

There is still some tiny hope left. he is 1.5 years old black long-haired cat, with orange eyes. Very active, a real hunter. He is also microchipped.
may be someone will see such a cat, may be he is injured, may be he is just weak. We need him , our house is just an empty garage now without our cat.
This is the Beaches erea, the very east side of Queen street (Toronto)

Luba
April 28th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Post picture

call all vets in the area put flyers up with a clear picture and tags to remove at the bottom with your phone number

Put on the flyer 'urgently needs medication'

Nat
April 28th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I did post flyers, nothing yet (of course, I see many cats every day, and I see some cats at my backyard - well, would I call or would I grab someone's cat? I'll rather assume it's my neighbour's cat).

However, the note that the cat needs a medication seams like a very good idea. Thanks so much!

Honestly, this is very hard. I'm on pills for the forth day, otherwise I just cry and cry...

Are there any chances that he doesn't want to go home yet even if the weather so bad and cold? I know that even neutered cats prodice hormones for 2.5 years and that makes them go flirting...

Luba
April 28th, 2004, 08:19 PM
You never know whats on a kitty's mind

Are you leaving food out at night? You should, with a crate and some water, a blanket as well.

I hope you get your cat back :D

Nat
April 29th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Thank you Luba for kind words

There is a family of racoons living with us (under our neighbour roof). And there are other cats living closely and walking through our backyard (our backyard looks like a mini forest). That's why I don't live any food outside.

I still hope to se my cat back

chico2
April 29th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Nat I do too,there are many dangers out there for a little cat,more often than not,one day they just might not return home,for one reason or the other.
I am not trying to make you feel worse,but the problem is,people see a cat and assume he has a home,especially if he looks healthy and strong.
Someone might be feeding him and he's sticking around.Had he been hit by a car,Humane Society would more than likely be involved and since he's micro-chipped you would have been notified.
He sounds like a very pretty cat and I am hoping you'll find him..take his favourite treatbag and go out at night calling his name,he would be more likely to come out from a hiding-spot at night. Good Luck!

Nat
April 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Hi is back!!!! Keeps eating. Thin. I am totally happy. that's probably how you feel when you win a jackpot. :) :) :) :)

Thank you dear friends for your very kind words :) :) :)

chico2
April 29th, 2004, 10:08 PM
I was hoping to get some good news,that's great :D Sooo happy for you and your cat!!

Luba
April 30th, 2004, 12:08 PM
AHh righton!! Great going Im' glad he's back to stay!

Kitty you stay home now!! :D

Nat
April 30th, 2004, 12:39 PM

Well, he is thursty, keeps dringking. I suspect he was trapped in someone's garage. He deffinatley didn't like this experience.