Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

will they get along?

bosluv001
May 30th, 2007, 11:08 AM
i am getting a dog..soon..and i already have one who is 2...will they get along..cuz my dog who is 2..likes to be rough(but tries not to hurt anyone on purpose):confused:

papillonmama
May 30th, 2007, 12:12 PM
why not do a thread search, try, "introducing new dog"

since you're doing this all so fast, you should start training your dog right now. if you are going to keep the puppy in your kitchen and away from your other dog, start keeping your older one out of the area right now, so that it doesn't feel like it's being punished because of the new puppy.

good luck

edited to add: there's better info in past threads, which is why i suggested the search

bosluv001
May 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM
ok thanks..but the puppy will be in my room and my older dog..is not aloud to go upstairs..and ive been training him..and hes good just whenshe thinks hes having sooo much fun he gets a little bit carried away..but i dodnt know if thats gunna be a situation with the new puppy

papillonmama
May 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
ok thanks..but the puppy will be in my room and my older dog..is not aloud to go upstairs..and ive been training him..and hes good just whenshe thinks hes having sooo much fun he gets a little bit carried away..but i dodnt know if thats gunna be a situation with the new puppy

when you see your dog getting carried away, stop the play, or whatever it is making it excited. say something like, "that's enough" and ignore your dog completely until he settles down.

bosluv001
May 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
thanks..sounds like a good idea:thumbs up