Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mesclun greens OK for Hammy?

Lukka'sma
May 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I buy this mix of salad greens for us to eat from time to time and wonder if I can give some to my hammy too. Anybody know if it's OK for him to eat?

papillonmama
May 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM
is it a regular or a dwarf hamster?

bosluv001
May 30th, 2007, 12:08 PM
yes its fine..i give them to my hamster all the time(will they get along)

Lukka'sma
May 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM
yes its fine..i give them to my hamster all the time(will they get along)

Sorry I must be missing something here:confused:

bosluv001
May 30th, 2007, 12:48 PM
o nvm..i just wanted someone to give me advice on my thread willl they get along..cuz i couldnt find info..but i did.. ya..i have a hamster and i give it lettuce and veggies, and soem fruit..

papillonmama
May 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
the reason that I was asking if it's a dwarf hamster is because dwarf hamsters are prone to diabetes. if it is a dwarf I wouldn't give too much leafy greens, I also wouldn't give fruit or corn, or any other sweet greens.

My dwarf hammy likes greens beans, clover, brocoli, carrots, and of course, seeds. I do give lettuce, but not very much.

bosluv001
May 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM
my hamster likes carrots,lettuce, strawberries, banana, kiwi, alfalpha, corn, and seeds

Rainy
May 30th, 2007, 10:24 PM
It's not a case of what your hammy will like.It's "What is OK for them to eat"I think a leaf as a treat but nothing more than that would I try if it were my hammy.A guinea pig I would say give them the whole thing and enjoy watching them munch!