Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Manchester Terrier

SIL
May 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
On May 7th our Manchester Terrier was spooked and ran off from our backyard.
I tried to catch up with her but lost her at Martin Grove/Eglinton/HWY27 in Etobicoke. She is approximately 25lbs and looks like a miniature doberman. I've registered with the Humane Society and all the shelters in the area and also placed signs in the neighbourhood. We would appreciate any information anybody can provide us as she has disappeared without a trace.

papillonmama
May 30th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog, I saw your ad on other sites, have you tried checking at vet offices? When I found a shepherd a few years ago, the first place I took it was to a vet that was nearby.

Hope you find your dog soon.

Good luck.

SIL
May 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I've given pictures and called the vet offices in our area. However, because we live near the highways (401/427/27) she could be anywhere by now. The only good thing we know is that she hasn't been picked up by the street or highway clean up crews. We're just hoping that if someone has her they will realize how much she's missed and return her. My 3 kids are devastated. The Manchester Terrier isn't a very common breed (there are only 2 breeders in Ontario) so hopefully she will be found and returned to us.

Chris21711
May 31st, 2007, 11:44 AM
Did you check with the Toronto Animal Services in the past few weeks, I know that they had a couple of dobermans listed that are not on their site now. They should still have photos.

SIL
May 31st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Hi...Yes, I check with them often but will be going in to their West office again this afternoon. I was told that the Ontario Veterinary College might be able to send a fax with her picture to all the vets in Ontario. Does anybody know how to go about that? There has been no sightings of her at all so I am at a loss as to what to do next.

cpietra16
May 31st, 2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.ontario.servpro.ca/listcompht/31462/Veterinarians.html
try this site for starters...I hope you find him..Good luck

I just went down the list and faxed them or emailed them a poster...the Ontario Vet Association...not sure, but if you go into their site you can email them your request

Chris21711
May 31st, 2007, 01:53 PM
You could try calling the Etobicoke Humane Society, maybe they have had something reported to them, their # 416 249 6100. Good Luck she looks a sweetie. I would also update your post on the THS lost and found.

SIL
May 31st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Chris21711 I sent an email to the Humane Society stating that we are still looking for her. They have to do the edits...unfortunately it might take a while...thanks for the suggestion. I've already contacted the Etobicoke Humane Society with no luck. They are actually having a 'dog walk' this Saturday (for anybody interested) at a park near Martin Grove and Eglinton so I'll probably head out there to see if I can post our dog's picture. It's near where I last saw her so maybe someone will recognize her.

BusterBoo
May 31st, 2007, 07:30 PM
:fingerscr that you find her soon! It breaks my heart to think of what you are going through. :pray: Don't ever give up.....

Carlyg
June 3rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Aw I'm sorry about you dog. You mentioned on my thread how you did not have any leads. I'm sure you will get some leads. I didn't have any at first either..then I started going mailbox to mailbox and putting out more and more and more posters and eventually I got calls after about a month. (None of them were my dog..or even close to my dog..so they were crappy leads anyways).

I hope your dog turn up:love: .. I also hope all of us will have a happy ending. :grouphug:

mummummum
June 3rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
:fingerscr :goodvibes: for her safe return home. If she is microchipped you should note that on anything you send to Vet's, Humane Society's or Animal Serrvice's so that they will be reminded to scan her for ID.

SIL
June 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi...Unfortunately she is not micro chipped but she does have a tattoo on her belly/hind right leg. I took cpietra16's advice and emailed all of the vets in the area but we still haven't had any luck. There is also an add in the Star but there have been no sightings...nothing at all since May 7th!!! It's very discouraging but I know I have to keep on trying to find her.

Chris21711
June 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Sil, there is a posting on Toronto Animal Services today for a Min Pin X, they list it as a male but they do make plenty of typos, I don't think it is your girl, but have a look You would know best. Good Luck in finding her.

SIL
June 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Chris21711...I saw the listing and I did a double take. It wasn't our girl but it looked like her about 5 years ago. He is no longer there so I assume his owners were found. I wish someone would take our dog to a shelter so we can be reunited too.:fingerscr

Chris21711
June 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Sil, there is another posting on Toronto Animal Services today, once again a male, there is no photo yet. No doubt you have already seen it yourself.

SIL
June 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Hi...Yes, I called and they did confirm it is a male found with a red harness. I'm still waiting for the picture though to double check. As of yesterday she hadn't been picked up by MTO as road kill so we're still hopeful that she's alive out there somewhere.

SIL
June 18th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Even thought we haven't found our girl yet I am happy to say that I helped reunite another lost dog with it's owner...it makes me feel a little bit better. :) I saw a lost/found posting at the Humane society site and matched it to the min. pin. at the east animal shelter. I hope someone does the same for us or at least calls with some news since we haven't heard anything in over a month.:yell:

shirley1011
June 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Sil..I share your anxiety in not having any calls. What can you do?
You feel so helpless when you don't even know where to look.
I wish more of the smaller pounds would subscribe to pet harbor so
you can have access to pets right away.
Know you are in my thoughts as well as Carly and if there is anything
I can do to help let me know.
Shirley

Carlyg
June 18th, 2007, 11:03 PM
My friend's friend told me he lost his dog when he was a kid...and three months later they found him. Someone was keeping him. I don't really know this person, that's the only thing he said to me about it...it made me hopeful anyways. maybe someone will find our dogs.

Oh, and here is a something random and weird lol. Last night I had a dream someone found a Mancester Terrier in an animal shelter...and they told me and I knew who it belonged to because I saw him on this site :laughing: I'm guessing I was thinking about your dog hehe.

SIL
June 19th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Shirley, thanks for your offer to help. I didn't know sites like this existed and it's nice to know that people care. Carly, I definitely hope your dream comes true!!! I know how you feel about Spencer only sitting on the chair by the pool, Billie slept in our bed so it's been tough not having her around. My kids keep asking about her and want to put up posters everywhere. My oldest son wants to have a party when she comes home...I hope his wish comes true :love:

Carlyg
June 28th, 2007, 01:12 AM
I'm in love with the movie "Homeward Bound" now...yes, I'm corny but it makes me feel better:)

Maybe your kids should rent it....we can pretend that Billie, Spencer and Sable are on a journey like those dogs..and they are going to pop up one day in the backyard ..hehehe.

SIL
July 4th, 2007, 09:13 AM
We still haven't heard anything on Billie. No calls at all since she ran off on May 7th :yell: I have no idea what else to do...I keep putting up signs, the ad is still in the Star, the websites still have her posting and NOTHING!!!
To top it off I called the Mississauga Animal Services yesterday and was told that animals are only kept for 5 days...if they aren't claimed they are euthanized or put up for adoption. :sad:

papillonmama
July 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Oh SIL,

I hope Billie is somewhere being taken care of by a kind stranger, and one day will be returned to his rightful home.

:grouphug:

shirley1011
July 8th, 2007, 10:07 AM
There is another one in the Toronto pound on Pet Harbor but it is
listed as a male as well as the last one...the picture looks like
Billie but wrong gender....I'm sure you have already seen the posting.

Still hoping you find him Sil, I look everyday at all the different sites and
keep you and Carly in my heart while I look.

SIL
July 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Hi Shirley...Yes, I went to the animal shelter yesterday, before the picture was posted and asked to see him. I know it said male but I still had to see him for myself and it wasn't Billie.:yell: He also had a docked tail, which Billie doesn't. I can't believe that he's still there and nobody has posted that a min pin is missing...poor little guy.
I keep looking for updates of Sable, it's nice to hear that you have sightings of him. I wish that would be the case with Billie but unfortunately there haven't been any calls. I'm hoping that we can all be reunited with our loved ones soon....I DON'T want to give up but don't know what else to do at this point.:confused:

shirley1011
July 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
There is another minature doberman on pet harbor again today...no picture yet..says neutered male?? Toronto East location

Rainy
July 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Keep reposting pics of your pooch and offer a REWARD.A Boston Terrier on another board I frequent was reunited with his owner because she kept reposting his pics and looking for him.Turns out a family found him and didn't report him as missing.They didn't see the signs untill weeks later.....or the guilt got them?Good luck!!!!!

SIL
July 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks Shirley...I called and they said it was in fact a male. I can't believe there are 2 min pins out there and nobody is claiming them :sad:
Thanks Rainy...I will definitely keep putting up pictures of Billie. The posters and the ad in the Star both say 'reward' so hopefully someone will get greedy and/or guilty and return her.
Thank you for all your support and for looking out for our Billie :)

Carlyg
July 10th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hi SIL

I completley understand the frusteration with not hearing any news on your missing dog. I havn't had any leads in quite a while...and the only ones I did get were false.

:fingerscr Keep looking..I really don't know what else to do for Spencer either..I'm just going to continue to post website ads and posters everywhere.

I just wanted to say...I know that frusteration too:mad: (just like alot of people do on this website)

Chris21711
July 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Sil, there is a post on the THS site for a min-pin, it does say male (could be a typo), approx. 6 years old found in the High Park area wearing a black harness?

Chris21711
July 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Sil, there is a post on the THS site for a min-pin that someone has found, it does say male (could be a typo), approx. 6 years old found in the High Park area wearing a black harness?

SIL
July 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Chris...Shirley had already emailed me regarding this post however it does state that it is a male. I felt really dumb but I still emailed the person to double check and I'm waiting for her reply. There seems to be alot of min pins out there in the last few days...unfortunately they are all male :sad:

Chris21711
July 20th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Sil, I was looking on the site from the Kennel Inn in Aurora and they have a doberman X? for adoption, they list her as a stray and puppy. It probably is not Billie but maybe you want to check it out. Good Luck.

SIL
July 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Chris...thanks for the post. It definitely isn't Billie...she is just a puppy and Billie is already spayed :sad: She is a cutie though...hope she finds a good home. The male min pin is back at the west animal shelter :sad: I wish people would pick up their pets from the shelters, it's sad to see them so lonely in their cages.
Just thought I'd post another picture of Billie...as you can see she is going a little gray :dog: :D

SIL
July 23rd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hi...Billie's breeder emailed me her tattoo number...it is H2L4K
I will be adding that to the posters so hopefully it will help.

Carlyg
July 23rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
SIL
how long have you had Billie for? I reallly want Spencer's tatoo number but it has been 9 years since we got him from the breeder. Do you think they would still have it? ..I'm goingn to try the vet on wednesday, but if they don't have it I want to call the breeder. SHe might think I'm crazy though

SIL
August 1st, 2007, 12:01 PM
I had a collect call yesterday from someone who says they have Billie. I wasn't home to pick it up so I didn't get to talk to him :sad: Maybe it was good that I wasn't home...he never called back so I'm thinking it might have been a hoax. I'm hopeful that it wasn't so we'll see what happens:pray:

Carlyg
August 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr Oh I hope so. Be careful, just in case..but I really hope so.:fingerscr...he didn't leave a number?

SIL
August 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
There was no number left...all I heard was the message from the operator on my answering machine asking if I would take the collect call and him saying 'I think I have your dog'. The *69 didn't show anything and I called the operator to see if I could get his number and they said there was no way they could tell so...I'll have to wait and see what happens.:confused: :yell:

shirley1011
August 1st, 2007, 09:52 PM
Oh Sil..I am hoping so much that this is not a hoax and that is really
Billie...strange that it would be collect...when you accept a collect call you would get their number...unless it was a payphone. Here's hoping it is
Billie!

SIL
August 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Well...unfortunately the collect call was a hoax :frustrated: He called again and was just rude. Oh well that's the first prank call we have received :shrug:

mummummum
August 3rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry. Human beings can be horribly cruel creatures. :grouphug:

chico2
August 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
SIL,I am so sorry there are so many idiots out there playing with peoples emotions.:evil:
I was hoping at the end of this post I would find Billie back home,it's just so darn sad,all these missing dogs...:pray: Billie will find his way home soon.

SIL
August 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Well...no updates on Billie but Today is Billie's 7th BIRTHDAY!!! :cry:
I really wish she could be with us to celebrate it, like we did every year....
She's been gone for over 3 months now and it's been harder and harder not to loose hope.
:pray: :cry: :pray: :cry:

chico2
August 11th, 2007, 08:52 AM
:cry: Billie,wherever you are,I hope you're safe,but have not forgotten the family who misses you and love you very much...please come home:pray:

SIL
August 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Hi....There are still no sightings of Billie :cry:
I will be going away for a week and unfortunately will not have internet and/or phone access to keep checking the sites. I would really appreciate it if you could keep an eye out for our Billie. Her tattoo # is H2L4K.
Thanks in advance.

SIL :dog:

Winston
August 27th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Sil, I saw this on a website I was browsing today..I realise it most likely isnt your Billie but here it is:

Home Needed for Miniature Pinscher

I have rescued a Min-pin about 10 years old and in good health. Cujo is a lovable and affectionate pet who is looking for a good home. He gets on well with other dogs and children. He is very active despite his age. Please contact me by e-mail or by phone (416-846-2092) if you feel you can provide him with a loving home. Located in Mississauga.

It was from this link
http://www.infopet.ca/homes.htm

Cindy

SIL
August 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Winston/Cindy thanks for the information. I emailed him with details of Billie just in case.

Winston
August 27th, 2007, 05:39 PM
So sorry..but I am always looking for Billie and Spencer!! when I browse some of these sites! you just never know!

Love4himies
August 27th, 2007, 05:50 PM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: it is Billie

SIL
August 27th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately it wasn't Billie. :sad:
Even though the post said it was a male and Billie is female I emailed them. The min pin has been in their family for 10 years and has a clipped tail.
Thanks for looking out for Billie :dog:

SIL
September 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Well...I put up more posters of Billie around the high schools...hope that helps now that school is back in. I also saw a story yesterday that a rottweiler was reunited with it's owner after 3 years...he was microchipped which Billie isn't but miracles do happen. Hopefully Shirley, Carly and I will have some luck as well.:fingerscr:pray:

chico2
September 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM
You know SIL,we all hope and:pray:everyone will get their pups back,including Shirley,Carly and everyone else,like you said,miracles do happen:dog:

SIL
October 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM
My son's school had an open house on Wednesday and, like Carly, I thought everybody knew about our missing Billie....but they didn't. I was talking to a neighbour and he hadn't seen any of our signs up :shrug: I'll definitely be putting more up on the long weekend.
On a happy note, a friend of a friend had lost her little yorkie a couple of weeks ago and they have since been reunited :) She called asking what to do...after posting on the humane society's site, putting up posters and calling the shelters she received a call from Barrie and picked up her little girl.
Another happy ending!!!! :pray::fingerscr that there are more to come....

Chris21711
October 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM
My thoughts are with you Sil, don't give up hope. I'm always on the lookout when I troll the sites, I'm sure everyone else on here does the same.

tara2285
October 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM
hi, im soooooo sorry to hear about ur pup...i know exactly how u feel i just lost my dog Minnie on sept 29/07 jus last weekend i came home to hear this horrible news from my brother that she had gotten outta the backyard:( shes never done tht before but this is the first sat i ever had to work and my parents were up at the cottage so i think she missed us soo much she tried to come looking for us....i am absolutely devastated...its like losing a child to me everything makes me think about her its the worst thing that could have ever happened...ive done all the things u have....ive contacted all the humane societies and shelters in my area and gone to all my local vets and given them minnies info and ive put up posters as well...she wasnt wearing a collar but thank god shes micros-chipped...my thoughts are tht someone found her and decided to keep her:'( im hoping tht if that is the case they will eventually take her to the vet to make sure shes healthy and the vet will scan her and see shes reported lost....im keeping my fingers crossed for tht miracle to happen....but i hope to god you find ur puppy i will def keep my eyes open for yours as i hope u will do the same for mine!!!!!

shirley1011
October 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Sil... I hope the one that just showed up in the West Toronto Animal Shelter is Billie:fingerscr:pray: No picture yet.

SIL
October 7th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well..unfortunately the min pin wasn't Billie :sad:
While I was there someone came to claim their dog...they were mad because the dog had been brought into the shelter, it was found running around loose. He doesn't know how lucky he is...someone took the time to catch his dog and bring it in. :shrug:

shirley1011
October 8th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Sil...I am so sorry it wasn't Billie. I was so hoping it would be..it is such a let down I know.
That person that was claiming their dog really doesn't understand how lucky they were that that was all they had to do to get their dog back.
We would count our blessings if given the same opportunity.
Once again, hang in there...one day you never know, we may get that call to go and pick them up.

SIL
October 8th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Shirley...I was really hoping it was Billie...being Thanksgiving and exactly 5 months since she went missing I was hoping for a miracle :cry: I've learned from this site that you can never give up. We'll get that special phone call one day and the parties can begin.

chico2
October 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Shirley,SIL and Tara I feel so sad for you and your missing pups,but still hope one day we will have some good news.
They cannot just vanish,someone out there knows where they are,or what happened to them..:pray:

SIL
October 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Hi...Unfortunately there is nothing new on Billie...she still seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.:cry: Just thought I'd post another picture of our sweet girl.....

Carlyg
October 28th, 2007, 12:12 AM
aw, so cute
I know how you feel still. And I find it frustrating to think..whoever stole our dogs probably isn't even far. THey just don't want to give them back.

I'm lonlier than ever. I won't ever give up looking for my dog, but, I kind of..sort of, want to adopt another dog.
My dad said no. He says he wants to plant new bushes that can't be ruined and he doesnt like the fence in the backyard and if we get a new dog we can't take it down:frustrated: that's the worst excuse ever.

I'm going to buy an infestation of rats. Maybe that will change his mind. lol.

SIL
October 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Carly...I keep hoping that whoever has her...and Spencer and all the other 'lost' pets out there, starts feeling guilty about keeping someone else's pet and returns them. I have 3 kids that definitely keep me busy, but I'm lonely without her. Billie used to cuddle with me in bed every night and steal my blankets :laughing: Billie's breed of dog, the Manchester Terrier, was used to catch rats in the old days so when you buy your rats, ask your dad for one to get rid of them :D

Chris21711
November 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Sil, saw you re-posted Billie on the THS site, she sure has a beautiful sheen to her fur. All of us are still keeping an eye out for her and hoping for the day you are re-united.

Carlyg
November 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
hahahaahha. :laughing:That's a good idea. (the rat comment). I should do that. aww, the poor rats.

Aw, she would steal your blankets. That's funny.

SIL
November 7th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Chris21711...thanks for keeping your eyes out for Billie. Unfortunately with all the missing dogs out there her post was gone so I had to re-post her information. It's the 2nd time I've had to do that and will continue to do it until we find her. Maybe someone will read it and realize that she isn't a stray and/or unwanted animal but a loved member of our family.:sad:
Her coat is really shiny, we never did anything special to it. And, yes Carly, she did steal my blankets and kept me nice and warm...I miss that with the cold weather approaching.:yell:

SIL
November 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Hi...went to check the female doberman at the west shelter but unfortunately it wasn't Billie. It was a long shot but thought I'd check it out. :sad:

Arly
November 22nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Sil...I know this is a longshot, but while watching a television show last night, one of the guests said he lost his dog, and used techniques by a Pet Detective called "Sherlock Bones" (he found his pup). This detective is in California, but he has a book on his website you can download. I'm sure you must be doing everything you can though. I saw Billie's picture when I was at the Queen West Vet on Saturday with my daughter who has a 9 week old Manchester. When people asked what she was, I was able to point at Billie and say that's her grown up. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and hope Billie comes home soon.:dog:

SIL
November 23rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
Arly, thanks for the information, I'll have to check out the book. I'm also glad to see that the vet still has a poster of Billie. Congrats to your daughter on her Manchester, they are a great breed and I'd recommend them to anybody. She'll have to get used to people asking her what it is, most think it's a doberman puppy or a min pin. I was tempted to buy Billie a t-shirt saying 'I'm a Manchester' just so we wouldn't have to repeat it so many times :D Did your daughter pick up her pup locally?
Thanks for looking out for Billie and again congrats.

Arly
November 25th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Hi Sil...You're right, on the way to the vet, Penny was referred to as a Min-Pin and also a Doberman. It was one of the reasons my daughter decided on a standard Manchester; because they resemble a Doberman, but not as big. Living in downtown Toronto, she wanted a dog that would make her feel safe. My daughter got her from Pinecrest in Bowmanville. It was a long wait to get her, because as you know, they're not common.

SIL
November 25th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Arly...there is a group in facebook for Manchester Terrier owners/lovers. Your daughter will be able to share pictures and talk to other owners from all over the world. Billie is also there, I was hoping that if someone saw a new Manchester in their block they would take notice... I know it's a long shot but we're still hoping to find our Billie:pray:

Arly
November 26th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info about Facebook Sil. I'll let my daughter know.

jonnycatalyst
November 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hey Sil, I don't have your dog. Sorry this hasn't been a good lead for you.

SIL
December 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I just wanted to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. Thanks for all your help during these last 7 months.
Carly, Shirley...you're in my thoughts. Billie..wherever you are I hope you know we love you and miss you very much :cry: Hope to see you soon little buddy...:sad::sad::sad:

Carlyg
December 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Merry Christmas, SIL:):):)
I'm still thinking about Billie and Sable too

Maybe a christmas :angel2: will keep them warm tonight on this christmas eve:angel:

SIL
January 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Hi...I saw a listing in petfinder for a doberman pinscher mix that looks alot like Billie. Unfortunately it is for the SPCA in Erie County in Tonawanda N.Y. They do not have an email address at the shelter but I did manage to get the address of the volunteer coordinator and sent her a picture of Billie along with the tattoo number but haven't heard back from them. I was just wondering if there are any members from this forum that live in Tonawanda N.Y. and might be able to help me get in touch with them. It's a long shot but I don't want to take any chances. Here's the listing they have
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9909631
If I call them from Toronto they might think I'm going :crazy:

chico2
January 7th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Well SIL,stranger things have happend,someone travelling might have found her and brought her across the border:fingerscr

SIL
January 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I called and they said she was surrendered by her owner and has no tattoo so once again...it isn't Billie :cry: I wish I could go there and see her personally though, I think that would definitely put my mind at ease:wall:

Winston
January 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Why not take the drive SIL...stranger things have happened ...was Billie microchipped? if you feel strongly you just never know...I have heard of tattos fading?

Cindy

SIL
January 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Winston...I'm trying to make some arrangements to take a drive over there. I have 3 little kids though and with them in school it isn't very easy...my hubby on the other hand :lightbulb:
Unfortunately Billie wasn't microchipped.

chico2
January 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
SIL,maybe they just did not see the tatoo,too busy to look carefully.
Someone could have taken her and then dumped her at the Aspca.
It's quiet a drive,I wish you all the luck in the world,if you or hubby manage to get there somehow:pray:

SIL
January 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi...unfortunately I just did a check on petfinders again and the doberman mix (Dixie) is no longer on the SPCA website :sad: I wouldn't have had a chance to get out there until Saturday and my computer has been down all day so I can't find out if I have any emails waiting for me. It probably wasn't Billie...I asked a couple of people and they thought the dog in the picture had a bigger jaw/muzzle/head. :wall::wall::wall:

chico2
January 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
:sorry:SIL I just looked at her pic again,she is such a beautiful girl:sad:

amatazes
January 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
sil, i'm so sorry.

Keep looking but take comfort that no news is sometimes good news. She probably has been taken in by another family and lives happily. It's really sad for you, i know, but that's what I would want to believe.

:sad:

Chris21711
January 10th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Sil, I was reading the Dogs in Canada Annual and looking up on Manchester Terriers and they mention one of the most famous :
Quote: "The breed was respected for its prowness in the rat pit and one dog 'Billy' is reported to have dispatched 100 rats to that great cheese tray in the sky in just 6mins. 13secs." Is that where you got her name from?

SIL
January 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Hi amatazes...I know that I should be happy that she hasn't been picked up as 'road kill' and is probably being loved by another family but that also makes me mad. How can someone keep something that isn't theirs...especially a loved pet?!?!?!:sad:

amatazes
January 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I know, i know. it's awful. I would want to hit someone really hard until I caused them a lot of serious damage if I found out they took my baby away.:sad:

Have you tried contacting local radio stations? I sometimes hear announcements like that on our stations here in nyc.

So sad to be without your loved one.

shirley1011
January 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Sil..I am sorry to hear that you are not having any luck finding Bille...It is just so hard when you "don't know" and there is no closure.
You have to follow every lead...if not you will always wonder "what iff"
(as if we don't have enough of them already) I too believe someone has Sable and I know they don't realize it but if they would only just call and say I've got them and don't worry....but of course that is not going to happen.
I did read a story in Florida the other day that a dog who was stolen was returned after 5 years......so don't ever give up hope.

SIL
January 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Shirley, thanks for the encouragement. I received an email back from the Tonawanda SPCA and was told that the dog up for adoption (Dixie) was 2.5 years old and 79 lbs so it definitely wasn't Billie. Your inspirational search for Sable keeps me going.
Amatazes, I did send emails to one of our tv stations but didn't hear back from them. Carly had Spencer's story in a dog magazine and (I believe) a tv show but hasn't had any luck finding him.

Love4himies
January 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
That's too bad, when I was comparing pictures, Billie looks so much like the dog at the SPCA

chico2
January 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I am always hoping for all of you,Shirley,SIL and Carly and any others with lost dogs,that one day we will get some good news:pray:
There are many stories of dogs found after a long time,so please do not give up hope,they are out there somewhere.:sad:

Carlyg
January 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
yes, (in response to your posts with amateze) I did have spencer's story in a dog magazine, on a local talk show and on a radio station...none of which helped. well, the magazine gave a lead which didn't follow through and when I put up my posters people said "oh I saw that dog on t.v. haha. Who knows though, maybe it will help for you.

and.wow, a dog that was returned after 5 years. That's awsome..

still hoping for Billie, Sable and Spencer:fingerscr

dartheo
January 18th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Sil,

Don't want to get your hopes up, just came accross this and though you might want to check it out.

They have her listed as a female doberman 9 months old.

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A418361&LOCATION=TRNT4&searchtype=LOST&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&bgcolor=639ace&text=ffffff&link=FEFF81&alink=FF814A&vlink=FEFF81&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=004d84&col_hdr_fg=efeff7&col_bg=004d84&col_fg=ffffff&SBG=004d84&zip=m&miles=10&shelterlist='TRNT1','TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4' ,'TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_DOG

SIL
January 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks Dartheo...actually Chris sent me an email regarding the listing yesterday. I called but it wasn't Billie :sad: They said this dog is over 50 lbs and doesn't have a tattoo.
Just thought I'd post another picture of Billie...this was taken about 4 years ago....

SIL
January 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Sorry...didn't think the picture would turn out so big....:shrug:

chico2
January 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Look at her,she's soo pretty,where on earth can she be???
SIL,is she smaller than 50lbs,but not as small as a Mini-Pin?

SIL
January 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks Chico2. Yes, Billie is approximately 25lbs...smaller than a doberman pinscher but much bigger than a min pin. She is a standard Manchester Terrier, there are also toy Manchester Terriers. They were bred in England to catch/kill rats :yuck: They are very fast and are a cross between a black and tan terrier and a whippet. They are not related at all to the dobermans
even though everybody thought she was a doberman puppy. I really wish I knew where she was...for my sake and the sake of my 3 little kids who are still hoping to have a party when she comes home.:sad:

chico2
January 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM
OMG SIL,not only do you have to deal with your own heartbreak but that of the kids too:sad:
It is possible someone took her for a Doberman-puppy and kept her,but who and where:confused:
A few years back,a friend of mine found a ShiZuu(sp?),bedraggled,skinny and dirty,I didn't realize at the time how wrong she was keeping the dog,but I sure do now..

SIL
January 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hi Chico2...yes, unfortunately my kids are still waiting for Billie to come home.
I'm pretty sure that whoever found her thinks she's a doberman pup, she is so friendly and easy going that it isn't hard to fall in love with her.
There is a posting for a male doberman pinscher mix at the west animal shelter. I figured it wasn't Billie because she's a female but I went to look at it anyways...I shouldn't have, this little guy is all skin and bones:cry: I hope he finds a forever home soon.

chico2
January 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM
SIL,you know how it sometimes works,you loose something,you go and buy a new one and all of a sudden you find your lost item:confused:
Maybe this skinny little guy at the shelter,so very much in need,would make fate bring Billie home.....I know,it's silly but i sometimes works that way.

Dahlene
January 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I know it's a long-shot, Petlynx has this posted:
FOUND DOG

Honey

If You Have Lost This Pet Contact:
Dana Taylor
Email: beautifulprincessdana@yahoo.com
Phone: (780) 701-8321
Species: Dog (Canine)
Coat Color: Mostly black
Declawed: Unknown
Identification: no (PetLynx )
no (Tattoo)
no (Tag)

Visible Markings: none entered
Date Found: Jan 19, 2008
Found Location: (Rutherford) Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Found Notes: Medium sized female. Looks like a miniature pinscher maybe. Very friendly and loves to snuggle. Black and Tan.

SIL
January 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Dahlene and thanks for the information. I sent the person an email last night and she replied stating that the dog had been picked up by it's rightful owner...happy for them, sad for us. I knew it was a long shot but I definitely had to try...she also said that it looked nothing like Billie.
Thanks again for keeping an eye out :dog:

SIL
February 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Hi...I've been following up on a few pictures that I have seen on petfinders but still haven't had any luck finding Billie :sad: There is also a posting on the website for the north shelter for a min pin but once again it's not her. There is no picture so I called and even though she was picked up in Etobicoke she has no tattoo.
Thanks again Chris for the email...keep thinking of us, hopefully she's out there somewhere and we can be reunited soon...it's almost been 8 months since she's been gone.:yell::cry:

SIL
February 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Like Shirley mentioned in her post, I too was contacted by a reporter of the Globe and Mail for a story. She was surprised to find so many lost pets out there that never received any attention from the media. I hope and pray that this story helps bring our furry friends back home where they belong.
Thanks for all your support and encouragement during this difficult time.
:fingerscr:pray::thumbs up

SIL
February 21st, 2008, 10:56 AM
Hi guys...I posted the Globe and Mail article in the 'newspaper' section but thought I'd place it here too.:pray::fingerscr that something good happens.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080221.LDOG21/TPStory/?query=dube

dartheo
February 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
May be a longshot, but they have a female Doberman Pinscher mix listed with no pic.

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A421679&LOCATION=TRNT&searchtype=LOST&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&bgcolor=639ace&text=ffffff&link=FEFF81&alink=FF814A&vlink=FEFF81&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=004d84&col_hdr_fg=efeff7&col_bg=004d84&col_fg=ffffff&SBG=004d84&zip=m&miles=10&shelterlist='TRNT1','TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4' ,'TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_DOG

Chris21711
February 21st, 2008, 01:44 PM
They have a photo posted now, it's not Billie. Darn cute tho such huge paws.

SIL
February 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks Dartheo...and you're right Chris, she is a cutie.

Carlyg
February 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
Sil,
what a great picture of Billie in the paper. It was so big and clear- someone just as to see it.l :thumbs up

SIL
February 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Carly...I couldn't believe that only Billie's picture was on the article. Sorry you didn't get your poster in on time. The photographer for the Globe called me to see where he could find a poster, that was is on the corner store by my house. Most of the other ones are gone or faded so I'm glad that one is still around.:pray::fingerscr for some good news

Carlyg
February 21st, 2008, 11:26 PM
oh really? the photogrpahere took that? hahah I was going to say "wow sil, I really liked the way you took a picture of a poster instead of just sending the file..that was clever lol."
That's ok. haha I was complaining to my manager today that I didn't get to put in a picture because I was so busy shelving the books lol. There is this customer that comes into our store everyday, I think he autistic. Every single day he asks me if I miss my dog or if I found my dog. Today I told him about the paper and he went and found one and then started showing customers lol. He was so excited. One guy told me the dog got eaten by a wherewolf though. I think he meant cayote...or, um..regular wolf? ha.

There was so much stuff I wish I could have told the reporter. She asked me questions and I was getting nervous lol..I didn't know how to answer her properly on some of them. As soon as she hung up, I thought of a trillion answers. That's ok though. I'm not even sure why she wanted the poster file though. she said she was "collecting" lost dog posters. Maybe she is working on something.

shirley1011
February 22nd, 2008, 03:03 AM
Yes Carly your suspicion is correct, Rebecca, the reporter is going to be working with a pet detective in Nova Scotia and I'm sure one of the questions to her will be how to write a lost dog poster...so you see ours will be graded I'm sure. She is supposed to be doing an online interview for another article and said she will probably want some input as to questions to ask about searching for lost pets.
I have forwarded the article to A Channel in Barrie to see if they might consider continuing the theme and also to the other couple of newspapers in Orillia and Barrie. Perhaps we should all consider sending the same kind of request to the TV stations here in Toronto and the Star.

chico2
February 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
WOW,this is getting exciting,who knows,if a movement is started all over Canada something good will come out of it:pray:

SIL
February 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Carly...I know what you mean about being nervous, I think I kept repeating everything over and over again. The thing that I remember the most is telling her that we had an ad in the Toronto Star for over a month and it's still on the online section...I forgot she worked for the Globe and Mail :D
Shirley...I'm glad to hear that Rebecca is continuing with this story. We should definitely send the story to other venues, I'm just not sure what's the best way to this it...any suggestions would be great. I had sent something to breakfast television before but never hear back from them so I don't want that to happen again.

Carlyg
February 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
yeah, I had sent something to breakfast television as well but never heard back either.

Really, she is doing more about pets. Wow, I really like this Rebecca Dube.

Shirley, you said you sent something to Toronto Star? I was searching through the toronto star online yesterday to see if I could find a suitable place to send something so maybe they would do a link story. maybe if we all do it, they will?

I was reading in the other article that saying "large reward, no queestions asked" is a federal offence in Canada. ...I did that:eek: lol

SIL
March 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Well...it was definitely a long shot but the dog on the TAS East website looks so much like a Manchester that I had to call. They have 'him' (yes him) as a Min Pin but I don't believe that for a minute. Anyways, it has a cropped tail and no tattoo.:cry:
I hope the right owner claims him....it reminds me so much of Billie....

Chris21711
March 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
I saw HIM too Sil, he does look so much like Billie, I kept comparing pictures, I really couldn't find any difference. If it was not for the cropped tail, I would say go and check for yourself. As far as being a Min-Pin, a lot of people know no difference. Still keeping fingers crossed tho.

SIL
March 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Chris...when I called and they said he had a cropped tail I figured it couldn't be Billie. However, my husband pointed out that her tail could have been cropped afterwards...cruel but you never know. He called today and the dog doesn't have a tattoo. I'm still thinking of driving over there tomorrow...I guess I want to make sure that it is really a 'he' and it's not a typo.

Chris21711
March 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Your Hubby is right Sil, whoever has/had Billie could have cropped the tail. Also I couldn't see his willie (don't mean to be rude) and the photo shows quite a lot of his body. Also the person who answers the phone is not the person working with the dogs. Go with your feelings Sil, if not you'll always be thinking 'maybe I should have'.

SIL
March 3rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Chris...He did say that someone actually went to look at the dog to see if he had a tattoo but I guess they could have just put him on hold and said 'no tattoo' without actually checking:shrug:
You're right about the picture though, nothing is showing. Unfortunately I have to pick up my kids at school soon but I'll definitely head out there tomorrow....

OnelnAMiII25
March 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Sil, i just wanted to say how sorry i am your baby is still missing.
There are good people out there..... I have stopped many times to save a dog running down the road. Hopefully someone will see your baby either on the road or with the people keeping your baby from you. Never give up!!! I'll say a little prayer for you tonight!! Good Luck :pray:

chico2
March 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
SIL,I was thinking the same,someone might have had him and cropped his tail,you never know.
Mini-Pins and Manchester Terriers,as far as I know are not very common dogs.
I would definetly go and see this poor pup..:fingerscr

Chris21711
March 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Keep us informed Sil, you never know. It is time for you, Carly or Shirley to get a break. You are all so dedicated to finding your guys. Actually it's time for you all to get a break, then we can all go and celebrate.

SIL
March 3rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
OnelnAMiII25, thanks...:pray: are always welcomed. Don't worry, I won't give up on Billie...she's part of our family.

Chico2...the more I look at the face the more I see a Manchester and not a min pin. They aren't a very common breed, I only know of 2 Manchester breeders in Ontario. Min pins usually have their ears done so they stand up as well as their tails cropped. I'll definitely be going there tomorrow to double/triple check for myself.

Chris21711
March 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr a million times Sil.

SIL
March 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks Chris. It definitely is time for us to get a break, we need some good news for a change. My kids keep saying that once Billie comes home we'll have a party...I really hope their wish comes true.:pawprint:

chico2
March 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Awww SIL,so do we and the same for Sable and Spencer and any other missing pups:pray:

SIL
March 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys...Unfortunately the website was right, it is in fact a male dog. I still don't think it's a min pin as it looks more like a Manchester but it doesn't really matter:cry:
I noticed something weird about him though his tail isn't cropped...ie it isn't a little stub, he seems to have 1/4 or 1/2 a tail. I hope he had an accident and it wasn't purposely done.

Chris21711
March 5th, 2008, 11:14 AM
So sad Sil, I even had myself convinced that he looked like a girl. I was out yesterday afternoon and was thinking about you, but then when I logged on this morning and saw that he was still there, disappointed, doesn't even describe it. :fingerscr it will be soon.

SIL
March 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks Chris. It was a huge disappointment, I was hoping that they had made a typing error but they didn't. He was a sweetheart, I wish I could have asked more about him but I just had to rush to the car.:sad:

Carlyg
March 5th, 2008, 10:23 PM
That's devistating. I read that p ost a few days ago but didn't have time to respond. But yes..that's just a terrible feeling. I'm so sorry it wasn't Billie. I was hoping someone read about her in the paper and turned her in.

There have been sooo many dogs that I thought looked EXACTLY like spencer. When I went there though, they were not. A lot of them looking completley different when I went in in person. Sometimes I still have nightmares that it was actually Spencer I saw but I turned around and left.

I don't think that could happen though.

I hope billie comes homee soooooooooooon. And sable and Spencer too!! I hope reallllly badly!

shirley1011
March 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Sil
Hope the one at Toronto East is Billie. Maybe someone read your recent postings and knows how much she is missed by your family.

SIL
March 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hi Shirley...unfortunately it wasn't Billie :sad: I called and she had no tattoo and a cropped tail. She looked kind of small to be Billie but pictures can be deceiving...

SIL
April 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
It's hard to believe but Billie has been gone for 11 months...:cry:
She seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth with no trace. I just don't know where else to look and keep hoping for a miracle. Life without her has been really hard, especially for my 3 kids.:sad:
Wherever you are buddy...we love you and miss you very much...please come home where you belong.:pray:

Chris21711
April 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Don't give up Sil, I look almost every day to see if I see her smiling face somewhere, she can't be that far :fingerscr one day you will driving somewhere and will spot her.

chico2
April 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Aww SIL,everytime I open anyone of the lost-pup threads,I am hoping,hoping for some sort of miracle:pray:

SIL
April 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hi...Yesterday I received an email from someone that has seen a dog resembling Billie at the Greenwood Park (Dundas and Greenwood Ave). What struck her as odd was that she was not allowed to get near the dog to pet it and when she asked the man what kind of breed she was and her name he didn't answer. She has only seen the dog a handful of times and not on a consistent basis.

I plan on going to the park as often as I can but I need your help...please. If you live in the area or know anybody that does, please ask them to keep an eye out for Billie. This is the only lead we've had and I'm hoping that it is her. It could be a scam and for that reason I didn't give her Billie's name but I have to follow up on it. Thanks... :pray::pray::pray::fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

aslan
April 16th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sil, did they say if the person was elderly by anychance. I know the park well my mom lives right there, i'm calling her right now to see if someone in her building has a dog that matches.

SIL
April 16th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Aslan...she only said that it was a man who had her and the dog barked alot...which Billie does.

aslan
April 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Just talked to mom, she says she hasn't seen a dog like that in her building but will keep an eye out. I've e'mailed her the pic of billie she's gonna post it in her lobby. sent it to oldest sis too, she's at pape and danforth you never know. mom says its a leash free park just south of her. Told them if they see the dog and the guy isn't talkative, don't bug him, but if they can get his plate number if he drives, and phone me right away.

SIL
April 16th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Thank you...Thank you...Thank you.
They can call me at anytime too.

aslan
April 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
:fingerscrthat its her and we can finally get her home, my nephew is on the phone, he lives down there too, wants me to send the pic, him and his gf will keep an eye out at the park when they can. Lord help this guy if it is billie my nephew is 6'7" and plays football. lol.I'll keep you posted.

SIL
April 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Aslan...I just sent a picture to a couple of the vets in the area that have a website. My husband is 6' 1" so once your nephew is done with him he'll take over :laughing:

aslan
April 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Can i suggest you post your posters at the subway stations too, there are 3 right there, greenwood,donlands, and pape.

Chris21711
April 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Lets hope this is the break you have been waiting for Sil.:fingerscr:fingerscr

Love4himies
April 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
:pray::fingerscr:fingerscr:pray:
Lets hope this is Billie and you will be reunited soon!

rainbow
April 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I sure hope this is Billie. :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes:

shirley1011
April 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Sil...the folks where we adopted Jack from live right in that area and she still goes to the park with her other dog so I will email her Billie's picture so she can keep an eye out too.

Winston
April 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Sil! I dont live in that area but I will be sending all postive vibes your way!

Oh! and by the way what a great group of people here~! Yous guys are so wonderful and supportive!

Cindy
:thumbs up

SIL
April 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I agree with you Winston...everybody has been amazing!!!

chico2
April 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
SIL,OMG,could you imagine if this is Billy,that would be the best news:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:

badger
April 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
OMG this would be huge. I pray that it's her.

Shaykeija
April 17th, 2008, 01:16 AM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/JilAr45/Infertility%20Stuff/hopingmiracle.gif

:pray: for Billie

phoozles
April 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Any leads yet? :fingerscr

SIL
April 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hi phoozles...nothing yet. I'll definitely keep everybody updated...thanks for asking.

aslan
April 18th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Nothing on my end yet either, but gotta tell you my moms and sis's dogs have never had so much exercise.

SIL
April 18th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Aslan...I'm glad the weather has been co-operating. Please thank your family for me :grouphug:

rainbow
April 19th, 2008, 03:35 PM
:fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Winston
April 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sil found this posting on the THS Site today..Just thought I would post it in case they are mistaking a mini doberman for a manchester?? There was no picture.......:cool:

Cindy

Date Found: April 26, 2008
Pet Name: Unknown
Breed: Miniature Pincher
Weight: 12 lbs
Description: Black and Tan
Street Found:
Nearest Intersection: Montrose & Harbord Sts
City: Toronto

Contact Information
Name: Teresa
Phone 1: 416.536.0664
Phone 2: 416.821.4828
Email:
More Info:

Date Posted: April 26, 2008
Website ID: Dog1966

SIL
May 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Winston...thanks for the posting unfortunately it's not her.

SIL
May 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I just wanted to thank everybody for their support. A year ago today our Billie ran away :cry: It's hard to believe that she's been missing for that long...we haven't given up and never will but it's definitely been hard.:pray:

aslan
May 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hey SIL unfortunately this isn't a happy anniversary. I would have loved to have gotten her to you by now. So far no sightings, but they're still keeping their eyes open. :grouphug:

chico2
May 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Aww SIL,we all feel for you,I am sure,together with Sable and Spencer:sad:
I can imagine that you'll never gve up hope,to one day meet again.
The love we feel for our animals is so strong and stays with us forever:cat::dog:

Carlyg
May 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
SIl, someone posted this website on my facebook group. I though, since you know Billie's ID number, it would be useful for you.

www.centurypets.com

you can register you pet in there, and if someone finds him/her they just have to type in the ID number

..I think that's how it works

SIL
May 16th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks Carly. I registered but have yet to receive a confirmation email so I'm kind of in limbo right now.

SIL
June 19th, 2008, 09:00 AM
No news about Billie :cry: but I just wanted to bump her up :pray:

mollywog
June 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
wow SIL, I am new to the site and just read this entire thread from page 1 on to here. I kept hoping for a happy ending........ You and Billie are in my thoughts. What a beautiful dog. Up until now, I had never heard of a Manchester, but when I look at her ears, they look a lot like my new pup's ears. She was a rescue from Kentucky, we thought she might have Whippet in her.
I hope your kids are doing ok, and you and the hubby too :pray: :pray:

SIL
June 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks mollywog, we're still hoping for a miracle and really wish we could have Billie back home where she belongs. I have been reading about Molly and her adventures, she's a sweatheart.

SIL
June 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Guys...well, still nothing on Billie but I was just able to reunite an owner with her 2 jack russells!!! I'm turning into a great pet detective...matching craigslist with the different animal shelters. :D

chico2
June 30th, 2008, 04:25 PM
That's great SIL,at least something good good is coming out of all this sadness.
I wish someone could do the same for you and Billie:pray:

Carlyg
July 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
good job SIL!

i'm sure those dogs and that owner is very pleased.

I know what you mean about becomming a pet detective...since I lsot spencer I've been trying to help so many people find their dogs LOL

Maybe because you helped that owner, Billie will come home!

SIL
July 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks Carly. I hope Billie comes home too...

dartheo
July 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
EDIT***NVM, I called them and they said that she has no other colours, just red...

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A451029&LOCATION=TRNT3&searchtype=LOST&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&bgcolor=639ace&text=ffffff&link=FEFF81&alink=FF814A&vlink=FEFF81&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=004d84&col_hdr_fg=efeff7&col_bg=004d84&col_fg=ffffff&SBG=004d84&zip=m&miles=10&shelterlist='TRNT1','TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4' ,'TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_DOG

SIL
July 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info dartheo...and for calling. I received an email a few days ago responding to my 'lost dog' ad in kijiji. It only had the person's name and number...I emailed back but haven't heard anything yet. Probably another scam :sad:

SIL
August 11th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Today is Billie's 8th birthday :cry: Sorry I haven't been able to find you little buddy but I hope whoever has you is treating you well. They won't know it's your birthday but we will never forget this day.

Chris21711
August 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I hardly ever get off this forum without shedding tears and this one did it to me this morning. So sadly sorry that you have still had no luck in locating Billie Sil. :pray: One day you will have her back home again.

chico2
August 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Oh SIL,now you got me crying,I too:pray:wherever he is, he is treated well and loved:pray:
So sorry SIL:sad:

14+kitties
August 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I am so sorry you have not been able to locate your Billie SIL. It must be heartbreaking going through this.
Just wanted to say I will be keeping her in my prayers. It would be great to see her home. I can't help but think whoever has her has fallen in love and treats her very well.
Sending :goodvibes::fingerscr:pray: to get her home.

Carlyg
August 11th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Ohhh so sad :( :(

Happy Birthday, Billie! Sil, think really hard about how happy you are that it is Billies bday, and maybe he will feel it..that's what the animal communicator said

SIL
August 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks for your kind words everybody. I had a busy day and believe it or not saw a lady walking a dog that looked just like Billie :sad: I was in the car but tried looking for them without any luck. Maybe it's a sign that she's still out there waiting to come home.:fingerscr:pray:

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2008, 02:55 AM
awww :sad: SIL :grouphug:

Happy b-day Billie :lovestruck:

:goodvibes: come home :goodvibes:

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
There is a posting at the Toronto Humane Society for a female doberman which looks like Billie. Unfortunately you can't just call to get more information, you have to go in person so I'll have to wait until later to check it out. What do you guys think...am I crazy?
http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/adopt/petharbor_dogs.asp

Dobermans are definitely bigger than Manchesters...don't think they could mistake the 2 breeds but I don't know.:sad:

Winston
September 5th, 2008, 11:01 AM
SIL

OMG I dont want to get over excited but MY GOD it looks alot like Billie to me! I put both pictures side by side to compare and wow!

Like the black color down the nose and the side markings around the nose! even the age guess it reasonablt close to Billie right? Didnt Billie just turn 8?

Are you going to have a look?

Cindy

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yes Winston...Billie just turned 8 but the thing is a doberman is almost double the size of a Manchester!!! Can the people at the Humane Society be that wrong...Billie would be a medium size dog and a doberman is definitely a large size. :shrug:

Love4himies
September 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Yes, they can be, Jasper was advertised as a Himalayan and when I saw him, I thought, hell, he is one bad specimen of a himmie, turns out he is probably a pure bred ragdoll. Colouring is the same, but size, facial structure and fur is hugely different between them.

Love4himies
September 5th, 2008, 11:27 AM
The picture shows somebody sitting beside the "doberman" can you tell if this dog is similar in size to Billie?

Winston
September 5th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I think that they can make that mistake...what if they think she is just a tiny Doberman....its all in the look of a doberman too! most people wouldnt know what a Manchester is? I didnt really till I started reading about Billie....It must be sooo discouraging!

Cindy

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I wish you could call to get more information instead of having to go in person. It would make life much easier...I can just ask, how big is she and if they say 50+ lbs then I would know right away. The animal shelters are friendlier in that sense.:confused:

Chris21711
September 5th, 2008, 11:44 AM
You have to go and check it out Sil. If not you will always have it in the back of your mind and it will trouble you to death.

Couldn't you call and explain that Billy has been missing since over a year and if they could give a little more detail. It's worth a try, I think.

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I know what you mean Chris...I just called and let the phone ring forever but nobody answered.:sad: Last time I called to ask for another dog, they said I had to go in person....

Chris21711
September 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I know it's quite a ways for you Sil :sad: Before on their adoption pages they used to post a lot more information and they stopped :shrug:

I guess you could try calling again, I know a lot of the time at the shelter here they don't answer the phone and leaving a message for them to get back to you, you could wait days. :frustrated:

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Chris...there wasn't even a machine to leave messages.:sad:

shirley1011
September 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
:pray: its Billie Sil...:fingerscr wouldn't that be such wonderful news. I am
having a hard time comparing when the ears are down in that picture but hope its her!

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Shirley...I've been trying to compare the pictures too, especially the ears. Billie has 'flying nun' ears (like the movie) but things changed when she was nervous or afraid so who knows.

Winston
September 5th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Sil I struggled with the ears too! I wish the picture was from the opposite angle too! would be able to compare the markings more on the side of her face. I cant recall now but wasnt Billie microchipped? or tatooed?

Keep trying to call maybe someone will get sick of hearing the phone ring and decide to answer! :thumbs up

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Winston...Billie is tattooed and they do have a poster at the Humane Society. I'll probably be making a trip there to double/triple check.

phoozles
September 5th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Oh, I hope it's Billie! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
September 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM
SIL,if they are not willing to talk,could you write them an e-mail,explain the situation and add a picture.
If Billie is tatooed ,would they not have checked for that??
Then again maybe not,even chips get unnoticed..
Ooops,I did not realize you lived in Toronto,it would of course be better to go there.

All those dogs and sooo many Staffies,how sad.

Carlyg
September 5th, 2008, 06:38 PM
aww it looks so much like Billie,

I really hope it is!

Yeah, the humane societies can make mistakes!
I hear it all the time.

I know it sucks that you have to go all the way down there. Toronto humane society is so far downtown..and out of the way lol. They should have made it closer to a subway station at least

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
They finally answered and told me that this dog is about 60 lbs...40 more than Billie :cry:

aslan
September 5th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Sil, Grace and the kids are gonna pop into the humane society tomorrow so she's gonna check on this pup. It is a huge place with alot of dogs, i wouldn't trust them to know anything without going to look. She will check the dogs size and see if she has a tattoo.

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Sil, Grace and the kids are gonna pop into the humane society tomorrow so she's gonna check on this pup. It is a huge place with alot of dogs, i wouldn't trust them to know anything without going to look. She will check the dogs size and see if she has a tattoo.

THANKS Aslan...that would be awesome!!! Billie's tattoo is H2L4K and it's on her belly/hind leg...she's approximatelly 25lbs.

aslan
September 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Grace says you're welcome, i won't be here i will be working upnorth for the day, i had the tattoo already. If it's her, grace will go into my emails for your number and call you right away.

SIL
September 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I'll email you my cell number...THANKS!!!:grouphug:

chico2
September 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM
:grouphug:to Grace and the kids:thumbs up

SIL
September 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Well...the Humane Society was right, the dog in the picture was in fact a dobie and way too big to be Billie. Thanks Grace for checking it out :grouphug:
I received an email yesterday from my kijiji ad asking about a 'distinct' thing about Billie. Apparently they have a dog that looks very much like her. I replied with her tattoo number but haven't heard back. It's probably another hoax but I'm still hoping. :pray::fingerscr

Chris21711
September 11th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Sincerely hope that this is not a scam Sil.

Love4himies
September 11th, 2008, 10:32 AM
:fingerscr:pray: You never know!

Chris21711
October 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Billie you are getting bumped too. :pray:

SIL
October 28th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for continuing to think of Billie Chris...:grouphug:

SIL
April 13th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Just bumping this up so that new members can keep a look out for Billie.:pray: She's out there somewhere...we just want her home.:sad:

chico2
April 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Awww SIL,it's been so long,please show yourself Billie,please come home:fingerscr

rainbow
April 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
There's been quite a few new members lately so hopefully someone will have a new lead. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

dartheo
May 5th, 2009, 03:12 PM
i've still been keeping an eye out...

I really doubt it, but the pic is a bit blurry: http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?searchtype=ADOPT&start=3&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&nobreedreq=1&bgcolor=white&text=black&link=663333&alink=9a9a65&vlink=9a9a65&fontface=Arial,Sans&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=white&col_hdr_fg=black&col_bg=d4d4d4&col_fg=black&miles=200&shelterlist='TRHS','TRHS1'&atype=&where=type_dog&ID=A130897&LOCATION=TRHS

SIL
May 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
dartheo...thank you for continuing to look for Billie. Unfortunately this one isn't her. :grouphug:

SIL
May 7th, 2009, 09:11 AM
It's still hard to believe that Billie isn't with us :cry:

Today is the 2nd anniversary of her running away and still nothing.

I wish I knew where she was so I could bring her home where she belongs.:yell::yell::yell::wall::wall::wall:

chico2
May 7th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I can't believe it's been 2 yrs since she went missing,but hope remains forever:pray:also for all the other missing pups:pray:

SIL
May 7th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks Chico...I just plastered kijiji with her picture, somebody has to know something. :pray:

Chris21711
May 7th, 2009, 10:29 AM
It's quite unbelievable that you never learned of one lead on Billie Sil, you know I always keep my eye out for her.

I just wish that all shelters etc. were on board to show pets under their care.

diandpat
May 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
It really does seem impossible that there were never any solid leads :sad:

My heart aches for you...I can't imagine not knowing where my pooches were. I pray that someone has found her and is taking good loving care of her :fingerscr

Never know...maybe the Kiiji thing will work this time :goodvibes:

rainbow
May 7th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Good luck SIL. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr

SIL
May 31st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Well...I just came back from another wild 'Billie' chase :sad:

Received an email and talked to someone who saw an older dog fitting Billie's description at a petstore in downtown Oshawa yesterday. Checked their website but only saw puppies for sale. It sounded possible so I went to check but they only sell puppies, they don't have any older dogs at their store...once again no success :yell: There is a groomer at the store...maybe someone brought her in to get her groomed :shrug:

I know there are a couple of members from Oshawa so please keep an eye out for Billie. I can pm you the store address too.

:offtopic:They had lots of puppies there in dire need of attention.....:sad:

diandpat
May 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
So sorry the lead did not pan out but Bless you for still getting the word out there and following up on anything. I really wish your pup could home home :cry:

How old would Billie be now anyways?
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

SIL
May 31st, 2009, 06:03 PM
diandpat...Billie would be 8 years old now...she'll turn 9 on August 11th...

rainbow
May 31st, 2009, 07:40 PM
SIL, I'm so sorry it wasn't Billie. :grouphug:

Did you show Billie's pic to the groomer or talk to her at all? Are the vets in the area aware that Billie is missing? I know you've done everything possible but sometimes other people's memories need to be refreshed.

I know you will never give up and you must be going through a difficult time right now after getting your hopes up. :grouphug: I hope and pray that you will be reunited with her one day. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Poor pet store puppies. :sad: :frustrated: :wall:

SIL
May 31st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Rainbow...the groomer wasn't there, she was closed on Sunday. The kids working there probably only work on weekends and don't know too much. I had my hopes up...even though I should know better...and didn't even think to leave a poster.

They had about 5 different breeds of dogs in little cages. A couple wanted to see a golden puppy and all the others wanted some attention too.:sad:

SIL
June 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Just wanted to thank Shirley and M&M for all their help today. :grouphug:

I just found out that Billie wasn't for sale in the store...she was actually in a cage that said 'not for sale'. I'm not sure what that means, maybe she was visiting the groomer or belonged to someone working there :confused:

I don't think it's a very reputable store so I'm not sure if I should send them a poster of Billie or not...any ideas/suggestions on what path I should follow?

Mat&Murph
June 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM
SIL anytime I am willing to help!! :grouphug: Only wish I could do more, was telling aslan about today and she thinks I might have been lied too. I will keep digging. Mybe find a different employee

SIL
June 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Shirley called and talked to a man...they also told her they only sell puppies. I don't remember the name of the groomer onsite, maybe someone brought a dog that looked like Billie to her?

Thanks again....

Mat&Murph
June 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
I talked to a younger guy, mybe in his early 30's. If you like I can try and get the groomers name and number for you.

SIL
June 1st, 2009, 10:37 PM
Sure...that would be great...

rainbow
June 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
SIL, I hope you get to talk to the groomer in person. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

SIL
August 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Today is Billie's 9th birthday :sad: Wish she was here to celebrate with us...

We love you and miss you Billie bee...

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif

Chris21711
August 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Aww Sil, you know I am always on the lookout for your girl :grouphug:

SIL
August 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks Chris...:grouphug:

14+kitties
August 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Happy Birthday Billie. I pray you are safe with a family who loves you as much as your first family does. :sad:

chico2
August 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Awww SIL,I can imagine the pain you must be feeling not knowing:pray:Billie,wherever she is, is happy.
I know many of us,will not give up hope,for Billie,Sable and any others missing.
Wherever you are sweet Billie,HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2009, 01:40 AM

SIL
November 2nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Billie is out there somewhere so I thought I'd bump up this thread. Please keep your eyes out for her....:pray:

Chris21711
November 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
I always do Sil. :grouphug: to you for not giving up :)

14+kitties
November 2nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Still hoping. :fingerscr