Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet friendly skunk repellant suggestions wanted!

ChancesMom
May 30th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Hi!

We have a skunk that comes around at night lately and would really like it not too. Laughing Laughing

I am not sure if it gets into the yard, but it comes close enough to smell him... Shocked which Chance does not like one bit... He isn't ever outside by himself but he goes a little nuts when he smells that thing...

Is there anything that we can put around the perimeter of the yard that will not hurt any animals or birds that might get into it but that would persuade the skunk to stay away?

Thanks!

kiara
May 30th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I don't know where you live but maybe your town has a trap and release service? We have a skunk in our area too, but our city does not provide such a service. My husband saw him getting grubs and tearing our front lawn apart. He seems to have moved to another area. I think our cities should provide us with this service. Or at least trap and relocate, before building in new areas. These animals belong in the wild.

ChancesMom
May 30th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't think of that.

In the meantime, Joe did some looking and ordered a repellent made from coyote and fox urine... :confused: Now I don't know if this will work... or if it will cause any additional problems... :shrug: but I guess it is worth a shot! :laughing: