Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog up with the sun-Help

JoLou
May 26th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Hi all

I have a one year old dog who, since the time changed, has been getting up earlier and earlier (whining) and getting me up earlier and earlier

I had a problem with this once before many moons ago and some kind sole on the forum helped me by suggesting the I ignire- not respone- get up as noraml , dress etc then let him out -show him who is boss- it worked with in a week

now however it is not working. this has been going on for close on 2 months. this morning as per usual he started whining at 0530 and kept it up continiously until 0700 (his usual time up). the whining is not frantic and generally stops once he hears me moving around. often when let out of his kennel he does not head right for the door so I do not think that it is his bladder.

i have tried putting down the blinds- no luck. no other routine has changed. I am not sure what to do- I am a very light sleeper and when he starts that it is for me.

ant suggestions?

TeriM
May 27th, 2007, 01:05 AM
What about maybe draping a blanket over her kennel?

m8r5k
May 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Put him to bed later and cover his crate with a dark but light weight fabric. It worked well for my rottie and my parrot:thumbs up