Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

name of topic "breed discussion"

Frenchy
May 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I would have like to make a poll but don't know how too :p

About the forum "breed discussion" it means to talk about and inform about the different breeds of dog right ? But I see more and more :clown: posting under it about breeding dogs and franckly , it makes my blood boil. Couldn't we change the tittle ? I'm just too sick of BYB coming here.:mad: and there seems to be more and more of them.

Who's with me ?

luckypenny
May 26th, 2007, 04:43 PM
1. I agree that BYBs should not come to seek info eg. concerning the value of their puppies.

2. But, I do think it's good for them to come and visit the site. A little humility sometimes goes a long way. If there's a chance to change their minds, I think this is a good place for them to learn. Many are just ignorant and should be educated to the plight of animals suffering and dying. Yes, most probably don't care; the almighty $ is just too tempting. But if only a few can be taught, then that's a few more lives saved. Just my :2cents:

3. Perhaps a sticky directed to BYBs explaining why they will be so ill received might be a good idea. If these people don't see it before posting, members can just refer them to it immediately.

Frenchy
May 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
But I think this tittle actually invits them here. Thinking some of us are breeders and will tell them what to do when they have no idea of that they're doing , therefore, shouldn't breed at all. If we change the tittle, they will go to the health forum. :shrug:

luckypenny
May 26th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Well, they ought to know better. It's Breed Discussion, not Breeding Discussion. Who else better to point this out to them then us members who are pro spay/neuter? :D

"Thinking some of us are breeders and will tell them what to do when they have no idea of that they're doing , therefore, shouldn't breed at all."

We know that. We should be polite and share our wisdom :D . Maybe some will get the message :shrug: .

Frenchy
May 26th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I know but it's the only topic I have a hard time staying polite :yell: and it's not good for my heart rate. :frustrated:

mummummum
May 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I agree Frenchy. In the few years that I've been around I have yet to see a BYB'er or someone who "simply wants their dog to experience the miracle of birth" (:yuck:) suddenly have an "aha! How could I have been so ill-informed/stupid/greedy/inhumane...?" moment and change their opinion.

Suggestions ? Breed Types ? Breed Characteristics ?

Crestedcrazy
May 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I was just over in the breed discussion area and my thought was maybe if people start a thread regarding the breed of dog they have.

i.e. I could do a thread for Chinese Cresteds, the standard and some info ect and others could do the same??

wdawson
May 26th, 2007, 10:55 PM
just leave the pit thread....we need updates on the laws...and info on get togethers.