Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Howdy!

sugarcatmom
May 25th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Just joined to today after spending many hours reading over this great website. I am currently the guardian/companion of a 14 yr old diabetic cat called Aztec (dx 4+ years ago), who is the love of my life (along with my darling hubby, of course!). He gets twice daily insulin injections, a heart med for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and glucosamine/chondroitin for some mild arthritis. You would never know he had all this going on by looking at him though, as he's actually doing fantastic. Acts like a kitten, has the sass of an only child, and soaks up as much lovin' as he can possibly get. My life is pretty much dedicated to his well-being, and he likes it that way.

Looking forward to more reading and posting,

Julie and Aztec

chico2
May 26th, 2007, 07:21 AM
WOW,Aztec certainly has his problems,very fortunate he has a devoted loving owner:love:
Most of us here have had animals with health-problems and nothing makes you happier than seeing your cat/dog getting better with treatments.
I too had a diabetic cat who passed on about 10 yrs ago,he lived a long and happy life.
Welcome to our Forum:thumbs up You know we need to see pics of Aztec,right:laughing:

lilmegshepherds
May 26th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forums

hazelrunpack
May 26th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the forum, sugarcatmom (great name, by the way :thumbs up :D). And I have to agree with chico:

Pictures please!!!!! :laughing:

sugarcatmom
May 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Oh of course, some pictures!! Happy to oblige . . .

Here's my sweetie doing some of his favourite things:

chico2
May 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Awww,a beautiful Tabby-boy,I have one of those too,mine is Rocky,I just adore tabbies:lovestruck:
Here's my boy!

sugarcatmom
May 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Awwww, what a lovely stretch. Makes me wanna snuzzle his belly. Yup, tabbies rock! Aztec used to have a brother named Egypt, but he became horribly ill 3 yrs ago with an extreme bout of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I had to make the most painful decision of my life to end his suffering, and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. And miss him.

Here are some pics of Egypt:

chico2
May 27th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Sooo sorry to hear that:sad: ,Egypt was equally beautiful:cat:
Your pics are great,I find tabbies are very photogenic:)
I've had my problems with Rocky(11yrs old),but he is and always will be my very special kitty:lovestruck:

Gypsyhick
May 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Such furry love! Thanks for the pics, and welcome. :)