Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Im gonna be a millionaire LOL

erykah1310
May 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
I cant help but laugh at these things, I mean who seriously believes this is real?
I dont understand how they get your email though? Can someone enlighten me?

Heres my good news Email that I guess I am supposed to reply to :laughing: FROM THE DESK OF
KINGSTON ADABA
ECOWAS BANK LTD.
8 RIDGE ROAD
ACCRA-GHANA.

Good day.

sincerely write to seek your co-operation and trust to enable me carry out an urgent business Opportunity in my Bank,I wish to know if we can work together.I would like you to stand as the beneficiary to my deceased client Mr. Morris Thompson, who made some deposits of $9.700, 000 (Nine Million Seven Hundred Thousand United states Dollars) with my bank.
You can visit this web site to confirm my information's to you at ALASKA AIRLINE FLIGHT 261. (removed links, dont know how dangerous they can be)
He died without any registered next of kin and as such the funds now have an open beneficiary mandate.

If you are interested you do let me know so that I can give you comprehensive details on what we are to do for the funds to be wired into your account, before my meeting with you for the disbursement of the funds in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you.
Should you be interested in doing this transaction with me feel free to update me with the requirements as stated below.You can send this information to:( removed this email too)

1. Name:
2. Residential address:
3. Phone number:
4. Country:

Please keep confidential all matters as regards this transaction to avoid scandal and to ensure a smooth completion of this transaction.Expecting your swift response.

Yours Sincerely.
Mr.Kingston Adaba.

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
I'm getting tons of these lately. Did you get the one from the poor widow ? :rolleyes: doesn't want the other people in her family to get her late husband's millions of dollars and needs my help , yes , right, I guess these people don't have access to my bank account cuz they wouldn't bother sending me these e-mails :laughing:

erykah1310
May 22nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yup I got the widow one too!:rolleyes:
They go in spurts i guess :shrug:

SableCollie
May 22nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
My coworker got one very similar, and I had to convince her it was a scam. She really believed someone had died and she could get the money. :rolleyes:

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
She really believed someone had died and she could get the money. :rolleyes:

Not very street wise is she :D

SableCollie
May 22nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
She's a senior citizen and waaaay too trusting!

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM

Please tell her to not do it ! :eek:

wdawson
May 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
i'm gonna make millions soon too........once i send the certified cheque to some guy named sam in nigeria:laughing:

SableCollie
May 22nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Oh I did tell her. In fact I had to go online, and I found several websites saying it was a scam and I printed them out and showed them to her. She was so disappointed. She had already figured out how much money she was going to get and everything!

Maya
May 23rd, 2007, 01:39 AM
Ya these are silly I don't understand. Why are senior citezens some of the most trusting people? I mean if you've been around a long time wouldn't you kind of figure out that people suck by now? I guess if you've lived a really sheltered life.:confused:

Little off topic but SableCollie I really like your avatar. It has so much character in such a simple looking drawing/painting.:thumbs up

joeysmama
May 23rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
I don't know if this was in the news in Canada but here in the states a woman shot her husband. It was very sensational, he was a minister and they had three little kids, looked like the perfect family. But one of the things they said might have been a motive was that she got taken in by one of these scams, lost a lot of money, and was afraid that her husband would find out.

Schwinn
May 23rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Somewhere is a website a woman has where she answers these, and drags the correspondence on for a while, having them send her certified cheques to cash. It's quite hilarious. I think someone on here posted it, but I can't find it. She figures if she can cost them even a little bit of money it's worth it.

badger
May 23rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
Here's the site I posted earlier, for your entertainment.

http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

I don't know about the Nigerian scams, but loneliness has been identified as one of the reasons elderly people fall for telemarketing calls. The perps spend months grooming them, getting 'close' to them, even chiding them for their lack of trust. One old guy of 92 who fell for a scam was profiled in the New York Times just last week. Wife had died, children lived elsewhere. Even after they had robbed him of a six-figure amount, he said 'I miss talking to them'. So I guess the lesson is stay in touch with your parents, if only to protect your inheritance!

SableCollie
May 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html
I like that site, in the one titled "have faith", she asks the scammer if they have any "garden wolves" for sale, to which the scammer replies "Yes!" (never mind that there's no such thing)....and the pictures of the garden wolves, too funny! :laughing:

Little off topic but SableCollie I really like your avatar
Thankies. It's a quick pencil sketch.

HunterXHunter
May 23rd, 2007, 12:41 PM

Really?

...what did you say her e-mail address is again? PM me her info (you know how unsafe it can be to post personal information on forums) and we can be partners in this "business", but I need you to deposit about $300 CDN into my bank account so I can register our business.

A prompt response would be appreciated as it is urgent. If I don't hear from you soon I will have to offer it to Frenchy who has expressed a genuine interest in this.

Sincerely,
-Glen

SableCollie
May 23rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
$300 canadian? You aren't located in Nigeria? :D

HunterXHunter
May 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
$300 canadian? You aren't located in Nigeria? :D

Nope. That's why you can be sure I'm not one of those scams.

...now about that $300...

SableCollie
May 23rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, my money is all US$. But I have about $5 in canadian coins, would that do?

HunterXHunter
May 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, my money is all US$. But I have about $5 in canadian coins, would that do?

Oh, that's right...you're in the US...

...hmmm...just deposit $300 US then, and after I work out the exchange rate, I'll deposit the difference back into your account. :thumbs up

SableCollie
May 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Right, and then what? Aren't you supposed to convince me that I'll end up a millionaire?

HunterXHunter
May 23rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Right, and then what? Aren't you supposed to convince me that I'll end up a millionaire?

um...maybe...:o

I know I'll be $300 US richer though...hehehehehehhahhahahahHAHAHAHAAHAHA

EDIT: um...was that out loud?

SableCollie
May 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
*Gasp*! It's a scam!!!!! :eek: :laughing:

Prin
May 23rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
LOL what an entertaining thread. :laughing:

joeysmama
May 23rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
I would like to offer everyone the chance to get rich. Wire me 2 million, American. I'll send you back 2 garden wolves and 3 million dollars. I will !! I promise.:fingerscr

SableCollie
May 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I'll send you back 2 garden wolves and 3 million dollars
Wow! Garden wolves are so rare, that's great!!! :D

heidiho
May 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I cant believe people really do fall for that,about 2 nights ago they did a special on that,i think on msnbc,and it was hysterical when they told the guy he was gonna be on tv and asked him why does he scam people like that,what an absolute low life you have to be to do that to another human..

SableCollie
May 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I just won the lotto! :D I'm so glad I checked my spam folder!
It was their "charity bonanza", I guess I'm considered charity! I'm posting it here, just as a warning. The british are so polite about their scams.
UNITED KINGDOM LOTTERY
The Lottery Company
P.O Box 789
Harrogate HG1 2YR
Ref: UK/9420X2/68
Batch: 074/05/ZY369

Our Dear Winner,

You have won the sum of 850,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND,POUNDS
STERLING ) from the UNITED KINGDOM LOTTERY on our Year 2007 Charity Bonanza.

This results for Wednesday 16 May 2007 is now released to you today and
your email address attached to ticket number: 56475600545 188 with Serial
number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers -9-20-22-24-27-28- and bonus ball -12-
in the Lotto, to check your results online click on this link
http://lottery.co.uk/res/
participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from Microsoft
users from company and individual email address users.

Be advice to keep your winning information confidential until your claims
have been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security
protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.
For the release of your winning, kindly contact your claims supervisory officer
given below.

You are therefore requested to contact immediately out Claims
Department below quoting winning number: WINNING NUMBER: 9-20-22-24-27-28-{12}.

Dr.Owen Briggs
Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order
Department,UK NATIONAL CLAIMS PROCESSING LOTTERY AGENT.
OCEANIC BT, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Email:contact_xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com
Tel:++xxxxxxxxxxx
+xxxxxxxxxxx
Fax:+xxxxxxxx

You are therefore advised to give the following informations to the
fiduciary Dr. Owen Briggs via email,
and please quote your winning number.

1. Full name and address.
2. Country.
3. Tel and fax number.
4. Occupation.