Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Im looking after my neighbours cat and its gone missing!

Quins-mum
May 22nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
****, ****, ****... the worst thing has happened.

I went to feed the neightbours cat this morning, and I couldnt find her,..eventually I found her frightened and crying in a thick bush. I managed to get her out, but for some reason she was really freaked. I sat with her for an hour or so, and she seemed ok... she ate her breakfast.
I left her to call my neighbour who is away for work, and I organised getting a key, so she could stay inside.

Well, she hasnt turned up since this morning and I have a bad feeling that she has gone. (i've been over there every half hour to see if shes turned up)

She is old, and very very attached to her owner.

What can I do????

I feel so bad, but I know its not my fault. My neighbour shouldnt be leaving her outside as she is a "sleep inside" cat.

badger
May 22nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
I would be very surprised if she has gone, young cats have more of a tendency to run off, not old ones who are very attached to their human.

Your neighbour is a twit to leave her outside 24/7 and expect her not to be upset. Old animals get set in their ways and adjust less easily to change. Why doesn't she have her in the house full-time? or at least have a cat door.

Anyway, keep a lookout, she'll be back, put out some delicious food on the back porch and when she turns up, lock her inside until her human returns. Remind your neighbour that if something happened to the cat in her absence, it would be entirely her fault and she would have to live with the guilt, not you. In fact, I would refuse to care for animal under those conditions again, too stressful for all concerned!

Quins-mum
May 22nd, 2007, 03:48 AM
The thing is that I Know that if I look after the cat, it WILL be looked after... I tend to put alot into looking after ppls animals, as I would expect the same done for me.

Yeah, I know she should have made more off an effort, but now Im left "holding the baby" so too speak.

I have had a talk with her tonight , and I think things will change when she goes away next.

I just have to try and find the cat and Keep it inside. I hope its just hiding. I have left food out, but in the last 8 hrs, nothing has been touched.

I'd better go and see if the food has been eaten.

thanks for your help
Pam

PS Still no food been eaten... this is stressful

angeldogs
May 22nd, 2007, 03:53 AM
I sure hope you find the cat.hopefully your talked worked.:fingerscr :goodvibes: that it all works out.

Quins-mum
May 22nd, 2007, 05:12 AM
crisis is over. I found her huddled under another bush. ( I had all the other neighbours out looking too)

So now after an hour of trying to calm her down, she is fast asleep on her human mum's bed, purring and clawing the duvet.

I need a drink!
thanks to everyone who send advise and good wishes... im sure it helped!

hugs from New Zealand
Pam, lexie and Quin

Longblades
May 22nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
Thank heavens. Good for you for persisting and enlisting the other neighbours' help. Too bad you live so far away, I'd like you to mind my crew when I go away.

Quins-mum
May 22nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
you could always pay my airfair!!!!! oh and a nice cruise back to NZ would be good!

TeriM
May 22nd, 2007, 10:54 PM
Glad things worked out for you and the kitty :thumbs up .

Dracko
May 23rd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Whew!

But, I don't understand why she would have let her indoor cat out in the first place. Can you imagine how scared it was (not to mention YOU, Quins-mom!):eek: