Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

High quality at a low price

Maya
May 21st, 2007, 11:21 PM
With all the debate about good foods verses bad foods I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those interested in avoiding the foods with unnecessary and potentially hazardous ingredients.

Paying under a dollar for a can of tuna or sardines and sometimes even less for a whole package of organ meat seems like a good place to start. I'm not sure what else would be really important. My cat always enjoyed eggs and all other meats, my concern is how much of which foods to make sure the diet has the right vitamins needed and not too much of anything that might cause an imbalance. Ideas, experience, recipes/techniques, opinions, all great!

Scott_B
May 22nd, 2007, 06:32 AM
Check out the raw section ;)

Maya
May 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks I downloaded a bunch of recipes to look at from here:http://www.download.com/Cat-Food-Recipes-Cookbook/3000-2126_4-10661724.html :):thumbs up Some of the recipes call for quite a bit of grain and dairy but i've never followed recipes closely anyway just used them as a guideline.

This is sooooo easy I really don't get the "low quality" kibble thing.

Sardine Heaven
1 can sardines in oil
2/3 cup of rice (cooked)
liver
parsley and/or turmeric

Add all ingredients together. You may wish to cook the ingredients, depending on whether your cats like fresh meat or cooked meat. Store unused portion in fridge.