Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ol' Roy Dog Food

gsdlove
May 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
A co-worker mentioned that her friend has been a breeder for roughly 25yrs and this is the brand that is fed to both the puppies and dogs. My co-worker mentioned the dogs win top awards and are very healthy because this food has high fat content. Can anyone explain this one??!!! Why would a reputable breeder who sells these purebreds for $1500 and upwards feed this dog food??

technodoll
May 21st, 2007, 08:25 PM
easy. bigger profit margin :sad:

Hunter's_owner
May 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM
My co-worker mentioned the dogs win top awards and are very healthy because this food has high fat content.

High fat content:rolleyes: what about the "meat" content:confused:

Crestedcrazy
May 21st, 2007, 09:04 PM
No quality breeder would feed this food to their dogs!!!

erykah1310
May 21st, 2007, 09:13 PM
Well ignorance I guess.
However, I highly doubt or am willing to make a public assumption here ( and I am not one for assumptions) that she prolly isnt that reputable to begin with.
My co-worker mentioned the dogs win top awards Nikita won first place at the fair here for the waggiest tail, and Meik won for the longest tail :shrug: so theres some "top awards" for mine.:shrug:

very healthy because this food has high fat content
If you are deep fried french fries every day you wouldnt be too healthy right?
It's not the fat content, so much as the protiens

Why would a reputable breeder who sells these purebreds for $1500 and upwards feed this dog food??
Too cheap to pay money to ensure her dogs are healthy. I wonder if she botheres with genetic testing? Or just goes about it with..." the great great great grandparents had no hip problems"

gypsy_girl
May 22nd, 2007, 01:27 PM
I win top awards with my dogs too, it just depends on how stiff the competition is :)
It would be like the difference between Westminster and your local show. Even then quality can vary!
I would be interested to see what her dogs looked like to a switch to a higher meat product.