Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cassie's bad paw :(

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Well my May 24 weekend was quite the weekend. Cassie tore her fingernail off on Friday night. We waited it out until the vet opened on Saturday morning and it is now bandaged and she is a little depressed :sad:
The bandage comes off on Tuesday, so she will feel better then:o

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Here is another showing how sad she is:rolleyes: She is really looking for some sympathy in this one.
I have a pic of the nail too, we found on the deck, but I choose not to post it because it may gross someone out:o

Crestedcrazy
May 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Oh No poor little girl!!! kissys on the paw and wishes for a quick recovery!

rainbow
May 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Awwww....poor Cassie. :sad: How did she manage to tear out a nail and what a big bandage. :eek: Lots of hugs for her. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I just posted a very long recall of the events in the health thread:o
Yeah it is a big bandage eh? Hard for her to walk, she can't understand the concept of limping:rolleyes: :D

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Poor doggy!!! Extra cuddles and cookies and lovins for her. :cloud9:

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah she is getting lots of extra cookies, besides this, she is still taking antibiotics for her infection, so she is extra depressed:sad:

rainbow
May 20th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I just posted a very long recall of the events in the health thread:o
Yeah it is a big bandage eh? Hard for her to walk, she can't understand the concept of limping:rolleyes: :D

I'm off to go find it.....and more hugs for Cassie. :grouphug:

SableCollie
May 20th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Oh her poor little paw. :sad: It's kinda sad that they put a smiley face bandage on her, and she's obviously not smiling!

Frenchy
May 20th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Here is another showing how sad she is:rolleyes: She is really looking for some sympathy in this one.

awww :sad: my poor little Cassie. She would get lots of sympathy at Frenchy's. :cloud9: Give her a cookie and tell her it's from ME ! :D

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Oh, poor Cassie... She does look sad in that first shot--look at that sweet face! :grouphug: Poor little girl... :sad:

She does have a very natty bandage, though--tell her she's lookin' very stylish! :D And the Pack sends regards, too... and their very best healing wishes... :dog:

Tuesday isn't very far away, Cassie..you'll be better then! :fingerscr

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
She is fine, lol, just playing it up for the sympathy:D
When she wants to get somewhere she gets there, just as fast as before. But if someone calls her, or she is just walking somewhere, she takes her time, and may stop for a couple of breaks to really look for sympathy:laughing:

Frenchy
May 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Cassie is a smart girl ;)

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
In some ways, yes, she is pretty smart:D

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.:)

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
She is fine, lol, just playing it up for the sympathy:D
When she wants to get somewhere she gets there, just as fast as before. But if someone calls her, or she is just walking somewhere, she takes her time, and may stop for a couple of breaks to really look for sympathy:laughing:

I think she's sad cuz it's hard to get sympathy when your sore paw has all those happy faces on it! She feels her owie just isn't getting the respect it deserves! :o but then, hazel has been known to be delusional at times... :p

Kit-Cat
May 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Aww, I hope she feels better. Money lost his dew claw one time (I have no idea how) but didnt bleed.

Frenchy
May 20th, 2007, 09:25 PM
She feels her owie just isn't getting the respect it deserves!

:laughing: bring Cassie to aunt Frenchy, I'm good with sick/injured doggies :dog:

AliSam
May 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Awww poor little Cassie. I hope she feels better soon.

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Aww, I hope she feels better. Money lost his dew claw one time (I have no idea how) but didnt bleed.

Really??? I couldn't believe the blood that came from this!!! It was one of the end nails.

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 09:45 PM
:laughing: bring Cassie to aunt Frenchy, I'm good with sick/injured doggies :dog:

Lol Frenchy. Cassie says thanks but no thanks, the airplane ride may be a lit stressful:D

LynLyn
May 20th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Poor Cassie! and i asked in the other thread if she was walking around acting as if nothing happened! of course she wouldn't she's waaay to smart for that! haha love the cast, please give her a cookie for me :goodvibes: to get her to feel better soon.

Hunter's_owner
May 20th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks LynLyn:)

Smiley14
May 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, poor Cassie! She does look pretty sad in those pics! And they definitely know how to eat up the sympathy! My previous dog, Max, did that once. He ripped out his entire nail on my parent's deck. Blood gushed everywhere, it was awful! He had on a big bandage like that too, lol. The nail actually grows back pretty quickly, so she'll be back to normal in no time!

Big :grouphug: to Cassie!!!!

angeldogs
May 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
She has my sympathy.poor girl.:grouphug:

TeriM
May 21st, 2007, 10:53 PM
Hugs to Cassie and tell her that her bandage is very stylish :grouphug: :lovestruck: .

Hunter's_owner
May 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys.
TeriM, she is actually getting used to walking with it now. She don't like when we put the boot over it though:rolleyes:

Lukka'sma
May 22nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Poor, poor Cassie. I hate to think how much that must have hurt when it happened. Kisses to you Cassie, get better soon.

Hunter's_owner
May 22nd, 2007, 08:15 AM
That is all I could think about too Lukka'sMa, yet she didn't let us know she had anything done, as if it didn't hurt at all:eek:

Lukka'sma
May 22nd, 2007, 08:20 AM
Awwww, she was trying to be brave. Makes my heart ache for her even more.

Hunter's_owner
May 22nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
She is more stubborn than brave, lol. :D

She is fine though, just got back from the vet and the bandage is off! It has healed nicely so far:highfive:

Lukka'sma
May 22nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
I,m glad that cumbersome wrap is off. Glad to hear that it is much better now.

Prin
May 22nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
:highfive: You go fast-healy Cassie! :) :goodvibes: