Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter and Max went to the vet today

clm
May 18th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Baxter got his second shots, he's 11.5 weeks old. He was 8 lbs when we got him, he's 13.5 lbs now. Growing like a bad little weed :D Going to check out a puppy school for him tomorrow.

Max has lost 3 lbs, went for 18 to 15. He's starting to look older, but he's still a big tough cat. So well behaved at the vet though. All in all a good trip.

Cindy

mummummum
May 19th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Good health is always good news clm and well-behaved furries at the Vet is always AMAZING isn't it !? :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 19th, 2007, 12:25 AM
yay! :highfive: I love a vet trip with a happy ending! :D Good for Baxter and Max!:thumbs up

clm
May 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Baxter actually whined to go back into the vet's office when we were leaving :laughing: Our last dog Yogi loved it there too. My dogs are the only keeshonds they ever see, so they're a novelty when they're there and they get spoiled rotten.

Out of my 4 cats, the big stray who could certainly do the most damage to you if he so chose, he's the best behaved of the bunch. He purrs, never hisses or growls. Just stays as calm and as placid as could be. I absolutely love that cat. The vet thinks he's a little older than they initially thought when I first took him to them in 2002, and I'd be inclined to agree. I think he's at least 15 now, she thinks he may be closer to that age as well. He's slowed down some, but still loves to play and tries to murder the neighbours cat if she teases him too much :o He snatched a dove from a hawk here last week. The hawk had gotten what he though was his breakfast, and the big cat stole it from him. Had no intention of eating it, just wanted to take it away from the hawk :laughing: The dove fooled both of them in the end and got away. :rolleyes:

A sure sign he's getting older, he's asleep in his apartment in the basement again tonight, a few years ago you wouldn't be able to get him to spend a night inside unless it was January or February. He's liking the cushier life now and I'm glad we're the ones he chooses to spend it with.

Cindy

Frenchy
May 19th, 2007, 10:19 AM
yay! :highfive: I love a vet trip with a happy ending! :D Good for Baxter and Max!:thumbs up

Me too , so nice to go to the vet when there's no health problem :thumbs up you know, for just regular stuff.