Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

July 1st dumping day for unwanted pets

kiara
May 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I AM PLEADING TO THE PUBLIC FOR HELP !!!! I am a rescuer and I see the misery with my own eyes that is the result of people who dump their unnutered cats and dogs everywhere. People expect us to help with the overpopulation that others have created! I am absolutely appauled at how cruel people are by not thinking about the consequences of their actions! What are they are doing to these beautiful helpless animals that suffer in such misery outside, especially in the winter, not able to fend for themselves because they were someone's pet at one time! There are too few of us and too many cats and dogs that no one wants! We the rescuers need help with volunteering, money towads vet. bills, foster homes, driving cats and dogs to clinics. Doing PR work, fundraising or any little job will be greatly appreciated. What we are able to accomplish is nothing compared to the needs. THE SITUATION WITH ABANDONED ANIMALS IN MONTREAL IS ABSOLUTELY DESPARATE. PLEASE HELP RESCUE GROUPS IN ANY WAY YOU CAN !!!!!

SableCollie
May 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Is July a special "dumping" time for pets? :confused: Seems like it's a year-round problem to me.

Yes, rescues and shelters desperately need volunteers, and everyone should try to help in some way...every little bit helps!

Frenchy
May 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Is July a special "dumping" time for pets? :confused:

Don't ask me why , it's only in Quebec, but July first is our "moving day" , people who rent , they all move on July first. The leases are from July to next June. So yes , there is a boom in shelters, pounds , spcas, in July. Some people move and leave their pets in the vacant appartements. :mad: Or they just leave them on the streets. That's Quebec for you. :sad:

SableCollie
May 18th, 2007, 11:14 PM
That's interesting, here people move year round...lease periods are set by individual landlords.

Oh I get so mad when people move and leave their pets abandoned in their apartments! :mad:

Frenchy
May 18th, 2007, 11:17 PM
That's interesting, here people move year round

The BBC actually made a movie/documentory out of it. Before I saw it, I tought it was like this everywhere :o