Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

mi-ki versus maltese

wingiant56
May 18th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I am looking to buy either a mi-ki or a maltese. i am familiar with the maltese as family members have them. i have been researching info on the mi-ki and they seem to be docile dogs. looking for a small dog since i am handicapped

Shamrock
May 19th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hi wingiant56, and welcome to the site!:)
I'm sorry I cant help with your question,:sorry: I'm not familiar with either the Mi-ki or the Maltese breeders, though I certainly find both dogs very adorable.

I just wondered if you have considered adopting an adult rescue dog rather than buying? If so, you could check for Maltese or Mi-ki rescue organizations.

Petfinder is a wonderful resource to find all sizes and types of dogs who are needing a loving new home. I'm sure you could find a small dog to fit in perfectly with what you have in mind for your home.
The beauty of an adult dog is that there are generally none of the stressful "puppy issues" such as housetraining, chewing, etc to contend with.
As you mentioned you are wanting a docile dog, mature adults are often more laid back and calmer too.

It was for these reasons that I was looking for a small older dog of any breed or mix to adopt when I found my Percy, then 5 yrs old.
He was smaller than what I had in mind, and with no background history, I accepted that he could have some behaviour or health issues that would need my attention. But, there were none -just a healthy dog right in his prime.. with even temperment, no problem behaviours. A sweet and loving pet who mysteriously had wound up homeless.

He bonded with us at once, and fit into our home like he'd "always" been there.:love:
I sincerely consider the day I brought him home as one of the luckiest days of my life.:thumbs up,
So while I realize I am :offtopic: :sorry: this option is one that could work very well for you, I feel.:goodvibes:

Whatever route you decide to go, I wish you the best of luck with your search for a little canine companion.:dog: