Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sunning Kitty!

Smiley14
May 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Billy had a nice time exploring the backyard and enjoying the sun today. :) He doesn't go out there unsupervised, and it's fully fenced, so a nice place safe to enjoy some sun. :cat:

Smiley14
May 17th, 2007, 06:17 PM
A few more. :)

Smiley14
May 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Loving the sun!

Dog Dancer
May 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Billy looks very happy outside exploring - are you sure he can't jump the fence? I'd still be worried myself. He looks like he has Groucho Marx eyebrows - too cute.

onster
May 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM
heheh I Love the grey/black on his forehead...too cute! :lovestruck:

Smiley14
May 17th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Hehe, that's funny about his "eyebrows!" I've never really noticed that before! LOL!

And yep, don't worry, I had the fence and landscaping done three years ago when I bought my house. It was made to be as "pet proof" as possible. It's a double-sided solid cedar fence that's eight feet high. There are no gaps or cracks in the fence and we built the ground up to the fence, planted several shrubs and bushes in front of it and then piled landscaping rocks 6 inches deep up the fence, so no digging either. Even the gates are tight against the ground. There are a few places where small cracks are starting to show up under the fence were the rocks have settled (you can see that in one of the pics), but still pretty tight overall. The only tree is smack in the middle of the yard with a good 20 feet clearance on all sides, so even if he decided to climb it, he still couldn't get out. And also, he's only out there when I am, so in my sight the whole time. :lovestruck: So I feel safe with him out there.

JanM
May 17th, 2007, 09:31 PM
What a cool cat! Love his face :)

TeriM
May 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Looks like the handsome boy enjoyed his visit outdoors :lovestruck: .

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Very cute! Crazy battle scar on his ear.. ;)

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
billy is a beautiful cat! :lovestruck: so unique and looks very intense on hunting every bug he can spot :p

Kodiak Bear
May 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Love the eyes!

Smiley14
May 18th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Very cute! Crazy battle scar on his ear.. ;)

LOL, yeah, he was attacked by a mean kitty when he was just a tiny baby. So he's had that pretty much most of his life. I think it gives him character. :)

His eyes, white fur, and fur texture come from his mother, she was a white, long-haired, blue-eyed Persian and the father a stray black shorthair. (This was 16 years ago up north in the country when people didn't used to get their animals spayed or nurtured very often and let them roam free). So I rescued him at only 6 weeks old from being tossed out, found homes for his brothers and sisters as well. I was a determined teenager, LOL! I was told he would be a long-haired cat, but he ended up with his father's short hair and black top. :) Cute combination I think!

Shamrock
May 18th, 2007, 02:11 AM
What a pretty cat!:lovestruck: He has lovely and unusual markings.
Wonderful shots of him enjoying his exploring time, really enjoyed seeing these. :)

Lukka'sma
May 18th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Very good looking cat. I love the darker color on the head. The battle scar does give him a certain something, but too bad he had to go through that in the first place, must have been hard on the little fellow:sad: but he has recovered well:D

Smiley14
May 18th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys! He's doing pretty good right now, so I'm just enjoying every minute with him! :lovestruck: He's begging to go back outside today, LOL!