Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

two rottweilers kill two cats inToronto

papillonmama
May 17th, 2007, 12:19 PM
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_11089.aspx

papillonmama
May 17th, 2007, 12:24 PM
if you live in or around toronto they have a phone poll, again, except, for some reason, it's about the pit bull ban. They said that one of the rotties were mixed with a pit,

I voted no 416-870-4444
I can't recall the yes number, sorry, i am biased.

And they are going to be discussing pit bull and "these type of dogs" on city online, 416-870-7716

Please vote no if you can, I used my cellphone and home phone.

sidenote, this post took me forever to get up because my mouse is not working so I've been tabbing my way around the net.

papillonmama
May 17th, 2007, 12:39 PM
okay, here's the poll question and the numbers

Do you support a ban on pitbulls

yes: 416-870-2242
no: 416-870-4444

I'm waiting to talk to them on thier tv city pulse show

they have a 800 number1800-295-5463 to give your comments

phoenix
May 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I think that I'm listening to you on TV right now. Way to go!! (your husband has a pb and you have a papillon...)

Great that you called in, and neat that you put you on air.

marsupial mama
May 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I would support a ban on stupid/irresponsible/aggressive dog owners... :rolleyes: regardless of the breed concerned

(I'm sure that doesn;t apply to anyone on this board though...)

How do they get a poll on pit bulls from an attack by Rottweilers or a Rottweiler/pit bull mix? :confused:

LavenderRott
May 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I know, literally, dozens of people with dogs of many different breeds that will chase (and maybe kill) cats and things that they see outside. Doesn't mean they are aggressive - means they have a healthy prey drive.

As for the still missing dog - rotttweiler mixed with pit bull? According to whom? Since the dog and it's owner have not been found, it is just as likely rottweiler and labrador. Anybody know a labrador that doesn't have a healthy prey drive? Canadian politicians have already proven they can't ID a pit bull.

So - the dogs are going to die for doing something that is purely instinct and NOT aggressive because an IRRESPONSIBLE owner let them run lose.

THAT makes me angry!

erykah1310
May 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I know, literally, dozens of people with dogs of many different breeds that will chase (and maybe kill) cats and things that they see outside. Doesn't mean they are aggressive - means they have a healthy prey drive.

As for the still missing dog - rotttweiler mixed with pit bull? According to whom? Since the dog and it's owner have not been found, it is just as likely rottweiler and labrador. Anybody know a labrador that doesn't have a healthy prey drive? Canadian politicians have already proven they can't ID a pit bull.

So - the dogs are going to die for doing something that is purely instinct and NOT aggressive because an IRRESPONSIBLE owner let them run lose.

THAT makes me angry!

DITTO!
I have nothing more to add to that.

cpietra16
May 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I have a pictures of a beautiful rescued 10month part chow sleeping with a 3 month old rescued kitten. They were always sleeping together.
One day the chow chewed his lead, came into the house through a cat door and decapatated his sleeping buddy.....MY POINT being......

it does not have to be a pitty, rottie or any blacklisted dog. This dog was born on a reservation and once on the loose with my other dogs got excited and caught the first thing that gave chase. He was not evil..just had very strong prey drive that was uncontrollabe.
THis was a hard lesson to learn and something that was never repeated.

papillonmama
May 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
eek, that was me, I was pretty nervous, but I had to say something, it was driving me crazy, everytime they mentioed something else about the dog that was still loose, I could just add to my personal rant, then it was too big to say everything I had wanted.