Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Opinions please

KimandAutumn
May 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I'd like to switch Blaze's food in the near future. Just for a refresher.... she is a 12 year old dalmatian.

She is currently eating Medi-cal Gastro formula because she developed tummy problems after being passed to several different rescues/foster homes. I believe its stress induced. Her last foster mom tried to do a *very* slow change over to Eagle Pack Holistic Senior formula but she developed bad diarrhea so she put her back on the Medi-cal.

I really don't like this food and want to switch her over to something better. Any advice?

Skryker
May 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I feed my guys Canidae All Life (poultry based) with great results. I add canned salmon and fish oil supplements to keep their skin dandruff free-that would be my only issue with the Canidae.

There is also a lamb and rice version, if you think that Blaze might have trouble with the chicken and turkey. And a senior version, Platinum.

www.canidae.com/

gypsy_girl
May 17th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I would try to find a food with the same protein sources such as the medi-cal (chicken) and as well feed a pre and probiotic as the prebiotic will help to absorb the residual moisture in the intestines if there is any, and the pro will help with the good bacteria.
Keep the fat level to around 12-14% as well
Canidae is a good option in the since source protein