Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bowser did it!!

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Bowser ate a chicken neck, back, and thigh today! and a pork riblet!! If anyone is wondering why I'm so excited, it's cause he's never really taken to RAW in the past, it blows my mind that he even ate that much today!! I think I may be on the road to RAW(knock on wood, hope he eats some tomorrow! yeah-hoo!:party:

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 09:36 PM
oh wow, that's alot of food for your boy! hope all goes well, LOL - was there meat on the bones, or was it mostly carcass? cuz if not much meat he might have a hard, cement-like poop tomorrow :D

Maya
May 16th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Yay.:highfive: :)

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 10:05 PM
oh man! he's gonna have cement poos! he didn't take to the meat too well, i think he liked the bone because of the crunch, guess i'll cut down on the bone and try searing the meat again, it is alot of food, but i was sooo excited, and he just kept asking for more, i couldn't resist!

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM
if he seems constipated, try giving him some liver, even if it's baked - that will unplug a doggy real fast :D but he'll be ok!! really. :p :goodvibes:

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM
any liver will do? and how much i don't wanna give too much and have canon butt :yuck:

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 10:53 PM
yes any liver... but i would first wait to see how bowser is feeling tomorrow. he may just have a perfect poop and nothing to worry about :)

oh and not too much... hims a little dog! perhaps the size of a chicken neck would be plenty.

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
here's :fingerscr :fingerscr to perfect poop!

angeldogs
May 17th, 2007, 04:56 AM
:fingerscr for the perfect poops also.good luck.

Scott_B
May 17th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Congrats on starting raw! Yeah, as techno said, ya have to watch that you dont feed too much bone. 80% meat, 10-15% bone, 5-10% organs are the rough ratios you want to try and feed. But it doesnt have to be feed all in one meal.

PS, we have a raw section ;)

LynLyn
May 19th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Sorry, i've been working alot, but to update, Bowser is still on 1/2 raw 1/2 homecooked. His poop was purr fect, it was actually white but came out easily, so I am sooooo excited, he really does just like the crunchy bone, turns his nose up meat will keep trying though.