Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urban Carnivore

RaYne
May 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I was in my local pet store today and I noticed they stock Urban Carnivore raw diets. I'm thinking about switching Abby (the Pug) to it and rotating through the different proteins for variety. For a dog her size the cost isn't too bad.

But I have no idea how much she would need? She's 9.5 weeks old currently and about 4 pounds. Since she is a puppy she would need more than 2% of her body weight right? Sorry, I'm completely raw clueless. LOL

Does anyone here feed Urban Carnivore? Opinions...

technodoll
May 15th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I've use the urban carnivore green tripe but just can't find it anymore :frustrated: really good stuff.

you can feed your puppy 2% of anticipated adult weight, or just let her eat as much as she wants and cut back if she gets pudgy. good luck! :highfive:

erykah1310
May 15th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I thought that puppies were fed upto 10% of their body weight?
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/sampleraw.htm
(scroll down to the calculator near the bottom of the page)

Scott_B
May 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I thought that puppies were fed upto 10% of their body weight?
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/sampleraw.htm
(scroll down to the calculator near the bottom of the page)

Up to..some dogs may require that, most wont. I like starting at 2-4%. Keep them lean, not rolly polly, and increase or decrease as needed.

RaYne
May 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Ahhh ok. So if I go by 2% of her adult weight (approx 15 pounds) it would be about 4.8 ounces a day according to the calculator on their website. One box contain 8, 8oz patties. That would be just over half a patty a day. So one box should last about 2 weeks. Maybe longer since I'm thinking about still giving her the odd meal of Orijen since she eats frequently (4 small meals a day). If I split half a patty in 4 she'd be acting like I'm starving her. LOL

So it would cost me about $30 a month to feed her Urban Carnivore. Not too bad at all. :thumbs up I know it would be much cheaper to buy meat and just grind it myself. But I like the thaw and serve aspect. ;)

Dracko
May 16th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Urban Carnivore is made right here in Saskatoon. It is what I feed my dog and cats. They love it.