Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

News on the puppy with the ears cut off

Sadie's_Mom
May 14th, 2007, 06:58 AM
For the life of me I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing .. Did is very discusting ...on top of all this man his alowed to get this dog back if he pays all the medical bills... UNBELIEVABLE!! :frustrated:

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=80e898e8-4143-4185-9dbd-30d8b0320418

Frenchy
May 14th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I can't believe this guy can get the dog back for $680. This includ the vet's bill and fee !!! It often cost me more than that to go to my vet and this guy can get the dog back after all he's done to him , for $680!!! How unfair is this ??? :mad:

Terrie
May 14th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Sadie's mom are you from Windsor?

You hear things like this happen in other places, countries but would never think it to happen in your own town...
I have written a letter to the Windsor Star Editorial explaining to them that if it has a heartbeat, it should not be categorized as a couch or car?
I will be calling the Humaine Society and will be paying them a visit, bringing this poor baby some toys ( he needs to know he's loved and not everyone is going to hurt him )
If he does this to an animal, God bless his children !!!

HunterXHunter
May 14th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I agree. Anything that has a heart shouldn't be classified as "property". Who makes up these laws anyway!? ...obviously not a someone who's had furbabies.

Can I pay $680 to cut that guy's ears off!?! :evil: I'll be satisfied with even just one ear :evil:

Sadie's_Mom
May 14th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Yes I am from Windsor

Here is a picture of the pore pup

This guy should NOT be alowed to have this dog back .. I fear that if he does he will end up doing worst or even killing this sweet little guy

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z113/Miss_Sadie_photos/lastscan.jpg

Frenchy
May 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
omg :sad: :mad: This poor little dog. He's just a pup.

HunterXHunter, you want to split the $680 ? That way we can each get one ear :evil: But I'm not sure I would stop at that.

I hope with all this media coverage, people will send complaint to the humane society so this guy canno't get the dog back.

HunterXHunter
May 14th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Poor guy...that looks horrible :sad:

HunterXHunter, you want to split the $680 ? That way we can each get one ear :evil: But I'm not sure I would stop at that.

I know what you mean...I don't think I would stop then also...

People like him should be neutered to prevent the passing on of poor genes, and to help the evolutionary process along.

marsupial mama
May 14th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I never heard of this "tradition" in the M.E. And there are cruel people in N. America just as in other parts of the world. :mad:

I hope they DON'T return this poor pup to the former owner, that's just a mockery of the laws on animal cruelty.

I too pity the guys wife and kids, if he has them!

happycats
May 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM
OMG That's horrific!! Someone should cut this guys you know what off, because he's not a man anyway!! Sick @%%^^#&^&# .

How on earth can they return this poor pup to this @#$$%#?? So he can finish it off!!??

Sadie's_Mom
May 14th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Well found out on the news this evening that the owner of the pup cut the ears off to make the dog more agressive pretty stupid in my book and way the good news is that he as signed the pup over to the SPCA .. They have already recieve close to 100 calls from ppl wanting to adopt this little guy..

Thanks god this cuttie pie will be in a better and safe place..
They also said that the animal cruelty charges are still pending . hope he gets what he deserves sick SOS..

marsupial mama
May 15th, 2007, 06:57 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070515.wears15/BNStory/National

sounds like he's doing well and has a good personality despite what he has been though.

Hope he gets a good home after all this.

Frenchy
May 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM
wooohoo for the pup ! Hope the ex owner won't just get a slap on the wrist :mad:

Rick C
May 15th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Well found out on the news this evening that the owner of the pup cut the ears off to make the dog more agressive pretty stupid in my book and way the good news is that he as signed the pup over to the SPCA .. They have already recieve close to 100 calls from ppl wanting to adopt this little guy..

Thanks god this cuttie pie will be in a better and safe place..
They also said that the animal cruelty charges are still pending . hope he gets what he deserves sick SOS..

Jail time has to be coming or we, as a society, will have failed in the test of what's right or wrong.

Disgusting.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

lilmegshepherds
May 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I wish I could go and cut the guys ears off to see how he liked it.

Eye for an Eye

Has anyone started a petition yet?

If yes can someone please email me a copy and I will photocopy it and get it passed around Eastern Ontario!

CyberKitten
May 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
There is an excellent article with a pict of the poor puppy - in the Globe and Mail today. It is just disgraceful - and the case shows how little teeth our laws have, ie NONE!!

It is here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070515.wears15/BNStory/National/home

You may have t register to read it but registration is free- you just do not have access to the editorials and columns. The article is excellent though.

mindis12
August 6th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Yes Ak had a rough go but he is the spokes men for the rest of the dogs and cats in need of great forever homes.. We are taking the time to round up individuals in which wish to become professional dog trainers.. We are taking 10 % of the income and directing it to the Humane Society. I need volunteer assistance and if anyone from the Windsor area wishes to get involved get back by emailing me..

The Humane Society needs to access a larger facility and we have to assist in what ever way we can.. They are well aware of what we are doing and Nancy is most appreciative.. Get back so we can make a differance for all the pets in the world..