Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bentley and his "snow bone"

Spoiled
April 23rd, 2004, 07:35 PM
Here is Bentley. A while ago I made him a "snow bone" by packing snow hard and then freezing it.

Spoiled
April 23rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
Looks like he's enjoying it!

mona_b
April 23rd, 2004, 09:32 PM
Awwwwwww,what a sweetie he is.

I have a question for you.Where on earth did you get chinese crested?....LOL

You did say he was poodle/chinese crested right?

I would say poodle/bichon.

Spoiled
April 24th, 2004, 09:54 AM
He is 1/4 Chinese crested and 3/4 Mini Poodle. Nope, no Bichon in him! Bichons run away if you let them off leash, but Bentley won't go very far at all unless he sees somthing or if his friend is running away to! And then he always comes when called, which I'm pretty sure Bichons don't. :) Anyways, he sure loves ice! :D

mona_b
April 24th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Actually Spoiled,they don't.My friend has 2 bichons.Misty and Mojo..They can be off leash at the ball park.They play around.But as soon as my friend calls them,bang,they are right there.And she also has a Shih Tzu/Bichon pup Mason.And for only being 4 months old,he is a smart cookie.He's already housetrained.So I'm not sure where you got the info on them running away when called.It all has to do with the training. :D

Luba
April 24th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Ahh spoiled he is sooo snuggably cute and what a great idea for the snow bone :D I love it!!!!!

Spoiled
April 24th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Really Mona? Wow, well trained dogs. A few friends I know have Bichons or Bichon shi tsus, and whenever they open the door, they're gone running. I've heard they do that for from a number of people. I guess if you start them from a young age off leash, you can train them pretty well. The problem starts when you wait until they're old, and then try call them when you have them off leash.