Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

King of the hill

Scott_B
May 11th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Have this dirt pile in my yard. Rosco of course loves to run around and on top of it! Not the best pics, used my phone.

Scott_B
May 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
And spotted the bunny accross the yard in the grass

Dracko
May 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
What would he do if he caught it? :eek:

SableCollie
May 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Looks like he's surveying his domain. And he's very handsome of course!

Scott_B
May 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
What would he do if he caught it? :eek:

Thats a 25foot lead hes dragging behind him, so if i noticed him moving towards it, then i grab it or step on it. If he did catch the bunny, then he catches the bunny. I'd obviously try and stop him and not encourage him to chase it. That said, if for whatever reason he did get it, id toss it in the freezer and feed it at a later day :p

Had this guy out in the yard 4 days in a row! :eek:

Byrd
May 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Cute!

I'm sure the bunny would run like hell if he saw that monster coming after him. :eek:

I like your "Maggie" sig, btw. :laughing:

Scott_B
May 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM
haha, so i just looked out into my back yard..can you spot the two bunnies?

Crestedcrazy
May 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Wow what a proud boy surveying his space!
and I spotted the 2 little brown bunnies ;)

trippincherri
May 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
He's getting so big!
And I figure rabbits are fairly smart critters....they are quick and usually don't get caught that easy but they sure do like to push their limits don't they?
It's like they know he's tied up and they can torment him all they want :laughing:
I'd keep him on a lead too, you don't want him getting mixed up with that porcupine!:eek:

Scott_B
May 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, they hold right still until hes like 10 feet away then when he turns his head they hop off. He usually never sees them lol.

The Porcuipine we havent seen in a week or so, which is nice.

Frenchy
May 11th, 2007, 08:44 PM
The Porcuipine we havent seen in a week or so, which is nice.

I wasn't sure what it was :eek: Hope Roscoe doesn't meet one face to face !

Your phone takes better pics than my dg cam :laughing:

breeze
May 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
He deffintly looks like the king of the castle :D and I only saw one bunny guess I have to get my eye checked :laughing:

Scott_B
May 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I wasn't sure what it was :eek: Hope Roscoe doesn't meet one face to face !

Your phone takes better pics than my dg cam :laughing:

He actually did! I came out my garage and started up my driveway. I had a toy and was watching Rosco jump for it. He stopped and stared and something. I turned and not 10 feet away was the porcupine! No leash on Rosco. I grabbed his collar and we walked back inside where i put his leash on. Since then i use the 25 foot leash just in case i need to grab it.

Frenchy
May 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM
That was close ! I guess if the porcuipine would have run off (if they do run :laughing: ) Rosco would have been on his tail. And dogs don't get tired of them , from what I heard. I get updates from an ex foster of mine and she has been at the emergency clinic 3 times because of a run in with one of these guys !

gomez
May 11th, 2007, 11:35 PM
He's saying...

"It's good to be the King!"

But it begs the question... why do you have a pile of dirt in your yard?

Mocha's mum
May 12th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Hey, I just got the signature....:laughing: I'm a little slow today!

I have to agree with Gomez....why isthere a pile of dirt in your yard?? Nonetheless, Roscoe looks so happy on the dirt pile...I think you should leave it there for him! :thumbs up

TeriM
May 12th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Such a handsome guy :lovestruck: . My dogs are like that too, they always need to explore big dirt piles :shrug: .

Scott_B
May 12th, 2007, 07:37 AM
The dirt pile is for my lawn..er..what i want to be my lawn. We just built this house a little over a year ago, so there is lots of landscaping to do. I ordered a few loads of top soil last summer. We got the front yard spread and sod layed down, but the back yard we didnt. Sooo, thats for the back yard, if i ever get around to it :p

Prin
May 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Great pics, especially for a cell phone... :)

Hunter's_owner
May 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Great pics, Rosco looks so happy on that pile:D

rainbow
May 13th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Rosco is going to be very disappointed when you take his mountain away. :D

Scott_B
May 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
a day of play with his two golden buddies :p

technodoll
May 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
oh my! :cloud9: look at that smiling pack of muscles! i'm in love! :lovestruck: wooooo! bigga hugga boy! :p

Scott_B
May 15th, 2007, 02:48 PM
oh my! :cloud9: look at that smiling pack of muscles! i'm in love! :lovestruck: wooooo! bigga hugga boy! :p

Hed snuggle ya right up! :p