May 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Happened to be in the right place at the right time today while walking Duke and managed to capture some pretty intresting pictures.
I don't think anyone was hurt as all of the buildings in the area are industrial storage sites but pretty interesting none the less. Only stayed a few miniutes to snap a few pics and then left as the smoke was pretty intense and I didn't want Duke inhaling much of it.
May 11th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Those are very interesting pics. looks like a very intense fire!. Yes, hope no one was injured .:fingerscr
With the availability of cameras and video recorders at virtually everone's fingertips today, its amazing how many dramatic news events are captured as they happen by passersby.. such as yourself.
Your pictures are of an newsworthy event, but in some cases.. anything just "out of the ordinary" is taped.
:offtopic: An example of this is from a small news story yesterday on security cameras for city buses.
This stemmed from a local bus driver who was spit on by a passenger as he exited the bus. (He was asked to get off for non payment)
The driver jumped off the bus,and spit back at the man, and then had a meltdown of screaming frustration, to the shock of the group at the bus stop.
Sure enough...it showed up on YouTube the next day. :shrug: :o
May 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Crazy pics! I hope nobody was hurt. :fingerscr
May 11th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Wow. Neat what you can see when you're just "walking around". I saw this on the highway a few weeks ago on my way back from my grandma's 80th birthday:
May 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Dundas St. reopened after Mississauga fire
May 11, 2007 01:28 PM
A section of Dundas St. E. in Mississauga that was closed while firefighters battled a two-alarm blaze today was reopened shortly after 2:30 p.m.
The fire broke out at the Sincere Muffler & Tire store near Dundas St. E. and Cawthra Rd. around 11 a.m., police and fire officials said.
“We upgraded it to a second alarm before we even arrived due to the number of calls for smoke,” said Mississauga fire spokesperson Pat Tyrrell.
“When we arrived there was some minor explosions reported and we were told there was propane and oxygen and possibly acetylene tanks on scene,” she said.
The fire was out by 2 o’clock. There was little left of the shop but rubble.
One person was taken to hospital for minor injuries caused by smoke inhalation. Paramedics attended a nearby elementary school after local residents reported they were having some slight trouble breathing, officials said.
Damage will likely be in excess of $500,000, she said.
so luckily noone was seriously injured.