Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our Dog Park!

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Thought I'd share some pics from the dog park tonight! I love our park, it's so pretty! At least I think it is! :) They came out kind of grainy for some reason, sorry for the bad quality! But wanted to share anyway. :)

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Petey having fun! :)

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Playing with friends! :)

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Having a blast!

jiorji
May 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
oh my!! that's a NICE park....not just an enclosed area on a hill...like the one near my house lol

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 09:50 PM
And the not so fun part after getting all muddy and dirty. :)

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 09:57 PM
oh my!! that's a NICE park....not just an enclosed area on a hill...like the one near my house lol

Yeah, we are lucky to have this one. It's one of the smaller ones in our area at around 3 acres (most here are huge, around 20 acres!), but I like the smaller size, and the pond and cedar chips on the trail are awesome! We won an award two years ago for one of the best dog parks in the nation and used the prize money to build the little gazebo. We're a small park, run entirely on donations and it's members only. We pay a small fee of $20/year, but it helps control who can use it and lets us get to know all the dogs there...feels very safe! Petey LOVES it! :)

TeriM
May 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Awesome doggie park :thumbs up . Petey looks so happy (except in the bathtub) and I love the shot of him walking along the trail :cloud9: .

trippincherri
May 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
We don't have a dog park at all where I live....if we did I would want one like that.
I love that it has all the elements for your dog to play around in.

He looks worn out and grumpy in the bath tub pick lol.

Prin
May 10th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Great park! Great pics too! :)

Dena
May 11th, 2007, 01:55 AM
What an amazing idea (Dog Park)! We need more pet enthusiasts around here! Awesome pictures!! The only parks around her are schools, and a whole bunch of no dogs allowed signs!

Hunter's_owner
May 11th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Wonderfuly pictures. I love Petey:lovestruck:
That dog park looks amazing. We have a couple here, but they are nothing in comparison to that:o

Crestedcrazy
May 11th, 2007, 10:33 AM
WOW :thumbs up what an A-1 dog park with beach and everything, I live on an Island and we have hardly anywhere to take the dogs for playing in the water :rolleyes: well fresh water!

Petey is a doll:)

Frenchy
May 11th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Petey looks so happy (except in the bathtub)

I was about to write the same thing ! So he's ok with his buddies :thumbs up

Smiley14
May 11th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys! I really do feel so lucky to have access to this beautiful little park! And oh yes, Petey was quite the stoic and unhappy little man while in the bathtub, LOL! :) Notice how the tail is plastered to the butt instead of straight up like normal. :) He used to run away from the tub, to the point where I used to have to drag him and then bodily lift him in. Now though, he's given that up and knows it's bathtime after the park. He'll follow me to the tub and climb right now and stand there looking all pouty during his bath. Then a good shake after his towel dry and he's running around happy as a clam again. LOL! He can be quite the drama queen. :rolleyes:

Frenchy, thanks for remembering! Yes, Petey has always been very good with other dogs. He loves to play with them! In training class, at the dog park, or on walks, he gets so excited and just loves playing. Where he shows jealousy is when a dog is at our house long term, spending the night. He even loves visiting doggies at our house, but it's when he realizes the dog isn't leaving that he gets all jealous and needy and pushy. But it's never aggressive. He's actually quite submissive. He play bowed and then rolled over for a tiny little puppy last night, LOL! He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. Which is why I have no problems with him in class or out and about, but am unsure about how/if I can bring a second dog into my home. He has this weird jealousy streak!

hazelrunpack
May 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I can't believe it!!!! I was able to download all the pictures of Petey!! :thumbs up I love Petey! :lovestruck: He's such a cutey. Looks like he was having a blast, too. :cloud9:

rainbow
May 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Awesome dog park. :highfive: Petey is so lucky but he deserves it cuz he's such a handsome boy. :cloud9: