Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for Agility Class in GTA

Bichongirl
May 10th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I am very interested in starting dog agility for my 1 and a half years old bichon female. She is so active and I am sure she will love it. I did a lot of search for Dog Agility Class in the area I can easily access , but I could not find any but two. The one offers Agility class on the day I have class all afternoon and evening, and the other is located in downtown Toronto. I live in North York (near Finch Station), and I'd rather not go to the south (because of the traffic - I am a new car driver....)

Does anyone know/recommend a good place for dog agility in somewhere I can relatively easily access...

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Dekka
May 10th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Hey

I don't know where they are in TO but I have heard good things about Who's Walking Who. For agility its more important you go to someone good, for your dogs safety. When you are screening places, watch a class. Foundation classes should not have a bunch of novice dogs tackling all the equip. There is a lot to teaching agility in a fun and safe manner.

Good luck:thumbs up

Bichongirl
May 10th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Dear Dekka:

Thank you for your reply! I did heard about Who's Walking Who, but I did not know they provide agility class! I went to their website! However, again, the class for beginners (Level I) is on Tuesdays, when I have class all day until 10:00 pm!

I will keep looking, but I may not have class on Tuesday in the future, so then I may consider this place!

Thank you so much for your response and information!!!!

Byrd
May 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
K9 Clubhouse in Pickering apparently has a fantastic instructor! www.k9clubhouse.ca

mafiaprincess
May 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I would question how much you are willing to spend and how far you'd be willing to drive. There are places in TO I've looked at, but many are out of my price range being higher than classes further outside TO itself (something to keep in mind).

Bichongirl
May 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Dear Byrd:

Thank you for your responce and information. I checked out the website. Pickering is a little far for me for now, but the class is Monday, 8:00. So my husband may have given me a ride. However, I missed the first class of the current session. However, however, this information is very useful for my future plan for dog agility!!!

Thank you so much for your information!!!!

Dear mafiaprincess:

I kind of expect to pay $130-160 or so for a 6 - 8 week session after I did research. I just started driving, so to be honest, I hesitate to drive on a highway - I may have to wait to become comfortable with driving on highways in GTA.... Or I may consider trying one school in downtown Toronto and taking TTC... For me, the location is the most important than the cost for this reason....... The closer, or the more convenient to acess, the better.

Thank you for your responce!

To both - I am sorry I didn't reply to your messages earlier..

mafiaprincess
May 23rd, 2007, 11:31 PM
No worries. Nice to see people did come back and read messages though :)

That would be the 'low end' of the price range. Most of my classes have been in the 150-160 range for 6 weeks. I talked to a wonderful lady in TO last year, she never mentioned price should have been more wary.. was over 200 for 6 weeks, and looking at sites more recently, it's the norm apparently because rent and everything is higher. Between gas to get out there and the higher cost, no way I could do it.

You may be better off to leave the city itself for classes for a price break in some cases, though with gas high.. lol it may not be a huge break.

Cost starts to hurt though if you really love it and want to do classes followed by more classes. :sad:

BPISS
June 6th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I am very interested in starting dog agility for my 1 and a half years old bichon female. She is so active and I am sure she will love it. I did a lot of search for Dog Agility Class in the area I can easily access , but I could not find any but two. The one offers Agility class on the day I have class all afternoon and evening, and the other is located in downtown Toronto. I live in North York (near Finch Station), and I'd rather not go to the south (because of the traffic - I am a new car driver....)

Does anyone know/recommend a good place for dog agility in somewhere I can relatively easily access...

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Try this place, I think it may be a little far from you, but if you can make it, well worth the drive.

Tamsu Learning Centre
Tottanham, ON
All levels of obedience, agility, trick classes and carting.