Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Voodoo says hello from Calgary!

Gypsyhick
May 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Good morning!

We're new and I'm loving the atmosphere and knowledge on pets.ca already. :thumbs up

I'm a first time dog owner, and my husband grew up with dogs until his early 20's. It was time to add a pooch and we're so happy that Voodoo joined our family of two on April 23 through the Furever After Rescue Society. She's an approx 7 month old wondermutt, possible terrier and whippet with some feist and corgi mixed in and is quite small at 25 pounds. Her brindle and button eyes attract the ladies in the dog park when my husband walks here there, that's for sure! :lovestruck:

She was very fearful of other dogs when she arrived and had some problems with housetraining. After two weeks, she's gaining confidence so quickly that she seems like a different dog. She plays with other dogs although she's still a bit timid with new mutts to start with, she hasn't had an in-house accident in over 9 days (knock on wood) and she's loving her clicker obedience classes. She's mad about our friend Ford Girl's golden retriever, Dazy, and I can't get enough of watching them play together! Voodoo also loooves to flip her toys into the air, flip on her back, and catch them to squeak them with a mad fury. She makes us laugh every day.

She's transformed us - we're so in love! Life is different with a dog in all the good ways.

Talk to you soon!
-Cara aka Gypsyhick, Voodoo's FurMom

Green glowing eyes surrounded by stuffed toys & a beautiful photo taken by her foster mom just before she came to join our family:

Hunter's_owner
May 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Welcome to pets.ca.:thumbs up

I love the description you gave of Voodoo. I think I fell in love:lovestruck: :D
Thanks so much for rescuing the little cutie:cloud9:

More pics would be great;)

SableCollie
May 10th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Welcome! and kudos for adopting! Once you fall in love with a dog, you will never want to be dogless again! :)

She is adorable!

Ford Girl
May 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Hello and welcome my friend!!

As mentioned in Gypsyhick's into we are good friends and close neighbors with Voo and her new family! The changes in this dog are amazing, the first time Dazy and Voo met, Voo was timid and very snappy, Dazy just laid there belly up and let her be that way, it didn't take long for them to become best friends!!!

I took some pictures the other day of the 2 of them playing, I will post asap!

Prin
May 10th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the board! Voodoo is such a pretty girl.:lovestruck: :cloud9:

TeriM
May 10th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Welcome to pets.ca. Voodoo is a real cutie :lovestruck: .