Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Synthetic Leather collars?

Colubridz
May 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Just curious if there are any synthetic leather collars on the market or long lasting leather alternatives. Duke's nylon collar is beginng to feel the wear and I'd like a long lasting alternative to leather. I love the look of the leather collars and like how they become more comfortable with work and last almost for ever when cared for properly however if possible I'd prefer to buy something that wasn't previously alive. I don't mind buying one if there is nothing else on the market that last's longer but I'd at least be curious in looking at alternatives first.

Also are there any online Canadian collar manufactures around that I could order such collars leather or not from?

Thanks
Kayla

technodoll
May 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
oh, definitely - check out the biothane dog collars: http://reviews.ebay.ca/Have-you-ever-heard-of-Biothane-dog-collars_W0QQugidZ10000000001008510

I got one for Maika last October and it's the most amazing thing ever. cheap but sturdy, it still looks and feels like new through the mud, snow, dog teeth (rough playing), poop rolls, rain, dirt, etc. Wipes clean with a damp cloth, is flexible and super strong yet very soft on the coat... i LOVE them! Maika's neon pink collor is visible on any of the pics I posted the past 6 months.

Leather-like satin finish
Lightweight, very strong and durable
Will not soak up water, become soggy, nor stretch
Does not get stiff and stays flexible over its lifetime
Will not collect debris or start to fray
Resists oil, sweat and odors
Virtually indestructible
Broken in look and feel from day one
Cleans up quick with a damp cloth or sponge
Wicks away water and will not rot

you can get one from eBay, but just google "biothane dog collar" for more sellers, more info, etc. :thumbs up :thumbs up

Crestedcrazy
May 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
wow very bright some of them, love that glowing pink!

I may have to look at getting one of these for Noid, price seems reasonable and sounds like it may not irritate his skin! I find that he cannot wear a collar regularly because it aggravates his skin and makes his neck break out.

Colubridz
May 10th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up on biothane I found one company that ships to Canada on ebay and am thinking about getting this one for Duke what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-x-22-BROWN-Nylon-Biothane-Dog-Collar-Brass-Buckle-A_W0QQitemZ250112907399QQihZ015QQcategoryZ52355QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kayla

technodoll
May 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
kayla that's the seller i got maika's collar from - you won't be disappointed! :thumbs up