Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Still waiting to hear from AVMA

Mypetsrmykids
May 10th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I just wanted let you guys know that I didn't drop the ball on this. I haven't heard anything from the guy at the AVMA about whether it's safe to feed the chicken that ate the bad feed to our pets. I called back this morning and was only able to leave a message. I will keep trying.

Prin
May 10th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Good luck! I wonder if they'll say it's safe for pets AND humans...:o

Hunter's_owner
May 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
That is a very good question Prin. It would say a lot wouldn't it.

Mypetsrmykids
May 10th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Well, during our first discussion he was very nice and open to any possibilities. He did mention that when it goes through another animal first, it gets diluted. Whether it's diluted enough is the question. He is supposed to have their head vet ask the FDA...how much would it take to be harmful to our pets. He also said that he thinks the reason that the FDA hasn't commited to saying it's safe is because even though they believe it is, they don't want to say so just in case an animal does get sick. I'm not sure if they can confirm it or not.

Mypetsrmykids
May 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I finally got a call but it was a different person. She said that they really don't know if it's dangerous to feed it to our pets. They have a conference every Tuesday and Thursday and she is hoping they will have a definate answer in the future. She said that we should check their site periodically to see if this happens.
That seems to be the best I can do guys. I will be checking their site and if I see anything, I will be sure to post it. Anyone is able to check this site at anytime, of course.