Maxie's mom
April 22nd, 2004, 06:58 AM
taken this morning.....

chico2
April 22nd, 2004, 07:52 AM
She's a sweet little thingy :D Welcome to the"LOVE TABBYS CLUB!!"

amaruq
April 22nd, 2004, 08:05 AM
you know what a cat fellow told me years ago? He said it can only be a really Tabby if there is a M on their head? I love Tabby's I love the stripes!

chico2
April 22nd, 2004, 08:27 AM
My Tabby Rocky came from a farm and is strangely every bit a farm cat,he's not fat,but we can hear him approaching since he stomps along with his big paws,he walks very heavy.The others are dainty and quiet :D
I've had sooo many problems with him,but he's my soul-mate and shadow and I love him a lot.There is something a little"wild"in the way Tabbys look,maybe that's why we love them sooo much :confused:

Maxie's mom
April 22nd, 2004, 11:01 AM
beautiful pic Anita....I think they have a wild side as well!!! When Maxie gets in what I call her "mood" she is very unpredictable. That's why she is the Queen here. ;) .

amaruq...where should the "M" be located on the head? Just curious ;)

mona_b
April 22nd, 2004, 12:56 PM
What a sweetie she is...I love the eyes on her...

I've never heard the "M" thing about a Tabby before.But the funny thing is that I see it....LOL.

I had my heart set on a little 8 week old Tabby at the SPCA.Her name was Connor.Yup,that's what they named her...LOL..We went back the next day but she was adopted out... :( ....I was heart broken.Hubby knew I wanted her....So we went back the next week.And we got our Casper.We are looking for a playmate for him.So I still just may get my Tabby... ;) ...I had one as a child.His name was Tiger... :(

"edited" to say the "M" is on her forehead.... :D

chico2
April 22nd, 2004, 01:34 PM
Amarug,Rocky has very strong beautiful markings and the"M"is on the forehead between the eyes.
Maxie hope you find your little Tabby,there should be lots of kittens around this time of year.2,3,4 cats is always better than 1 :D

Maxie's mom
April 22nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
I did some surfing on the net and I see exactly what you are talking about regarding the "M". Maxie is classified as a classic tabby.
The website is:
http://www.penmarric.ns.ca/Pedigree/catbreeds/tabbycat.htm#mackeral
I have a little friend already picked out for her but she's a long haired grey kitten. She won't be ready to come live with us for another 3 weeks.I can't wait :p !!!!!

chico2
April 22nd, 2004, 02:32 PM
Rocky as a baby 8 yrs ago

chico2
April 22nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
Maxie,I meant to say Mona,you already have your little Tabby :D
I had a Maine Coon tabby a long time ago,his name was Tigger,the most beautiful big cat......unfortunately we lost him at 3yrs old :(

Luba
April 22nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Making me wanna get a cat for Sadie to chase around LOL

Great pics ladies

mona_b
April 22nd, 2004, 05:24 PM
I hope so anita.....Kittens are starting to come into the SPCA...They have 5 3month olds already... :( .....Way to young for Casper though..I'll have to get one that is Casper's age...I would love an older one.But I couldn't put the poor thing through Casper's wild side....LOL...

Here are the ones that are at the SPCA.

They even have a Tabby named Lucy...But the goofed on the age..There is no way she is 6 years old.

The ones with no pics are the ones that just came in.

http://www.hamiltonspca.com/adopt/default.asp?A=CAT

For the dog adoptions they had a 2 month old Rottie.He got adopted pretty quick.

Luba,I really think Sadie needs a playmate..... :p

Spoiled
April 22nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
I love tabbys to. I had one almost a year ago, but I lost him. I just think tabbys are the cutest cats. Much cuter than solid colours.

Luba
April 22nd, 2004, 09:14 PM
LOL @ Sadie chasing a cat in herding circles

mona_b
April 23rd, 2004, 08:18 AM
Luba,a friend of mine has a Smooth Collie,Sandy.I'll see of I can get some pics of him...Yes I said him....LOL....They lived across the street from me for 20 years untill the summer.They moved to Hanover.She also has a huge black cat Tootie.Sandy came before Tootie.They get along great.Mind you Sandy has a thing for sniffing Tooties butt and Sandy is a crotch sniffer..........LMAO

Luba
April 23rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
Oh kewl have ur friend join the board...the more the merrier!

Mom + cats = no go!

As for me, I am more of a doggie person but I'd love to see Sadie chase a cat LMAOOO (kidding kittie owners don't kill me)

mona_b
April 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
I'll talk to her.

LOL...I'll bring Casper over for Sadie to play with.... :D

wAggie
April 25th, 2004, 06:59 PM
*HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS* to Maxie!!