Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funny behavior with treat

sissani
May 8th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Tickey, my Beagle, just loves these treats I got from work - dried bull's pizzle. Once I got over giggling at the fact I was giving my dogs cow penises as treats (yes, I had a childish girly moment :o ), I was giggling at Tickey's reaction every time I gave him one of these. He takes it from me, then sets it on the floor, then bounces around it, doing the play-bow. He'll jump foward and touch it with his mouth, then drop it again and play-bow at it. :laughing: After a few seconds of this, he'll pick it up and go chew on it. I have never seen a dog do this. Anyone seen this kind of behavior before or know why he's doing it? Does he just get really excited about this particular treat or what? It sure is cute! :lovestruck: :laughing:

Tommysmom
May 8th, 2007, 10:26 PM
My pup does this with his favourite treats too! I just thought he was a freak! He'll take it, drop it, play bow, pick it up and toss it across the floor and then run after it. He'll bark at it, too, then paw at it and bow again. Tommy does exactly what you're describing with the jump forward/touch/drop thing. Honestly, it's nice to hear that somebody else does it - I've never seen another dog do this, we just thought he was really strange :laughing: .

Hunter's_owner
May 9th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah my beagle Cassie does this as well with her favourite treats. It really is funny to watch:laughing:

sissani
May 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM
My pup does this with his favourite treats too! I just thought he was a freak! He'll take it, drop it, play bow, pick it up and toss it across the floor and then run after it. He'll bark at it, too, then paw at it and bow again. Tommy does exactly what you're describing with the jump forward/touch/drop thing. Honestly, it's nice to hear that somebody else does it - I've never seen another dog do this, we just thought he was really strange :laughing: .

Haha I know what you mean! This was the first time I had ever seen a dog actually play with his treats lol