Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal pets.ca members meet-up!

technodoll
May 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM
OK the long weekend is fast approaching, how about we start finalizing plans? (poll to follow, give me a minute) :p

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Poll? lol :laughing: About what? The suspense! :D

dtbmnec
May 8th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't be able to make it....*sigh*

My parents figure you're probably all axe murderers and stuff so I wouldn't be allowed to go (not that I have the funds LOL).

I've tried telling them that you guys feel steak knives are more efficient and cheaper but they just won't listen. ;)

Megan

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Oh, I see.:D

I'm for either Saturday or Sunday. I'm flexible. If we meet up on Sunday, we can always still do stuff with those who want to on Saturday. :shrug: Like they could always trek up to no man's land to visit me.:D

marko
May 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm going to try hard to make it at least for a little bit regardless of the day.

I wonder if that will encourage or discourage other members from showing up. LOL.

technodoll
May 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Like Prin and Marko, either day is fine with me, even BOTH days LOL! as long as the weather holds, that's the only thing. i'm not much of a fan of wet muddy beanies :o

Skryker
May 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I can't make Saturday for certain, and early afternoon is easier than Sunday morning. What can I say, I'm difficult? :D

I think it I might be coming without the dogs, though. :sad: My guy and I have been talking it over and we think that combining their first long distance car ride with a new place full of new dogs and new people (after my stress of trying to find an unfamiliar place with xtreeme drivers around me) is too much stress all at once for them. Plus, their recall stinks just now and Bronny is having some real leash aggression issues....boy I'm making them sound so appealing, aren't I? :rolleyes:

jiorji
May 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I'm going to try hard to make it at least for a little bit regardless of the day.

I wonder if that will encourage or discourage other members from showing up. LOL.

....oh umm well in that case....i'll be "busy" that day:rolleyes: lol

i'm actually going to be out of town :sad:

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Skryker, we all have issues... And it's not too long distance- it's what an hour? It could be good because regardless of how much contact they really get with the other doggies, they'll be dead tired for the trip back. :shrug:

I don't really care about muddy Jems and Boobs. :D My car has given up trying to be clean and neat.:D

Skryker
May 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
That's true, Prin. I keep flip-flopping between thinking it would be great for them to socialize, and worrying that something awful will happen. :o They actually chased a biker on the river path the other day, totally ignored us calling them back. :mad:

(and I really don't want to clean up the car if Bronny gets sick in the back seat. Which happens when she is nervous in the car.)

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Can you just bring one? Or maybe give her a baby gravol? IMO, it's us... You know? I mean, we all know quite a bit about doggies, right? It's not like you'd be offending some innocent bystanders at a park or anything. :shrug: :D

Skryker
May 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
We could just bring Fingal and leave Bronny with my kid at home...he's better right now with all things leash and walk related, plus the car doesn't bother him.

I never thought of seperating them, d'oh!

technodoll
May 8th, 2007, 12:53 PM
yeah, bring one and then everybody's happy :D

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
lol We'd rather meet one than none, eh? :D

But for anybody else who's hesitant, I mean, I know techno and I have dogs who don't get along, so if that's your worry, fehgeddaboudit. :D There are plenty of trees on Mount Royal (if that's where we end up going) to tie up the offending doggies.:D And how often do you get warning before meeting new dogs? At least we'll be somewhat prepared. :)

luckypenny
May 8th, 2007, 01:08 PM
How about Saturday morning? Just in case it's too hot in the afternoon? (I work Sundays) I'll probably only bring Penny since I can't handle the two at once. This sounds like it's going to be alot of fun.

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I think Sunday morning would be better for the Ontarians though... :shrug: So complicated! LOL

luckypenny
May 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM
OK, so the forecast says no rain and a high of 16c so it wouldn't be too hot in the afternoon :o

http://www.meteomedia.com/index.php?product=weather&placecode=CAQC0363

technodoll
May 8th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I can't do saturday morning... :o

Skryker
May 8th, 2007, 01:46 PM
So problem solved-Fingal gets to go and Bronwyn will stay home this time. :D She'll yowl her head off as we leave and then be a suck all day, I guess. Hopefully, Fingal doesn't spaz as we drive off without his sister.

What I really need for my rude boy is someone's dog to put him in his place, firmly. He backs off pretty quickly but he is kinda rude at first. November babies-too little early socialization. :o If I had it to do again, I'd put them in puppy kindergarten.

jiorji
May 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
What I really need for my rude boy is someone's dog to put him in his place, firmly. .

I'm sure Dakotah would be happy to help with that :D

breeze
May 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
ok call me dumb but since when can you let doggies run free on mount royal?? is there a dog run I don't know about?? (haven't been there in a while but most park require you leash your dogs at all times)

technodoll
May 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM
No dog park on Mont-Royal, dogs need to be leashed... it'll be ok!! Easy to keep the boys apart and just let them cuddle with the humans :crazy:

raingirl
May 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Can you wait until the weekend after? I might be coming to Montreal then!!

Aimster
May 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I'm leaning towards Sunday myself, I'll be driving back from New Brunswick and it would be nice to be able to spend an extra day with the person I'm visiting. And the 10 hour drive to get to Montreal is going to be a long one.

I wish I could bring Moxy :sad:

chico2
May 8th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Tht's great girls,expect to see lots of pics:thumbs up

Stacer
May 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Saturday would be nice cause we wouldn't have to worry about time and the drive back to T.O., but Sunday is fine if that's the consensus and that seems to be when most people can make it (in the other thread I said the earlier the better if it's Sunday, but my brain was thinking that I had to work Monday, but I don't so we can really take all night to get back to the T dot) I voted "Saturday, but Sunday is fine". I guess it would also depend on if folks want lots of doggie together time, or if we all wanted to get together afterwards for a drink or a bite to eat somewhere.

Hunter's_owner
May 8th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I can't make it either:rolleyes:

Hoping to have another one planned for the fall though:fingerscr

Rottielover
May 8th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Any day would have been fine with me and Kayla, but I am too chicken to drive there.
I too have a not so male doggie friendly off leash, but if they all have to stay on leash, things will be great.
At the mountain dogs are supposed to be on leash from what I remember

Prin
May 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Ok, so Aimster and Skryker need Sunday, right? Skryker, I thought that's what you said a while ago... Maybe... :o :footinmouth:

LynLyn
May 8th, 2007, 11:37 PM
any day but friday is good for me, and since we are all reading our dog warning labels, Bowser is not the nicest dog...at first. He'll calm down and get used to you but he's defensive at first. He's good with other dogs, but only if I'm screaming "play gentle" at him constantly. please don't think i'm crazy

dtbmnec
May 9th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I think it I might be coming without the dogs, though. :sad: My guy and I have been talking it over and we think that combining their first long distance car ride with a new place full of new dogs and new people (after my stress of trying to find an unfamiliar place with xtreeme drivers around me) is too much stress all at once for them. Plus, their recall stinks just now and Bronny is having some real leash aggression issues....boy I'm making them sound so appealing, aren't I? :rolleyes:

At least you aren't an axe murderer! ;)

*insert ominous music*

*grin*

Megan

trippincherri
May 9th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I wanna come.....so far away though.:sad:
Not fair you guys all live nice and close to one another lol.

Thats it I am off to arrange an Albertan meet up with the 3 other Albertans on here lol. :D

Hope you all have great fun, and your doggies behave themselves, at least long enough for a group photo!!!

Prin
May 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
You know, even if all our dogs were 100% social, there's a huge chance they wouldn't get along anyway. So if that's the concern... well.. it's not a concern. So come! :D (In case anybody was hesitant)

I think because this board is so rescue geared, there's no doubt some of our doggies have issues. :shrug: We just have to manage them and try not to get stressed about it. :)

So Sunday is better? :D Did we decide? I just think that more people can't do Saturday than any other day... Right?

hazelrunpack
May 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
So far away, but the Pack really wants to be there! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Lessee...drive for 3 hours, find campground, pitch tent, walk six dogs, feed/water/brush dogs, sleep; up early, feed/water/brush dogs, drive for three hours...repeat from beginning...

urm...I'll see you in about a week-and-a-half :laughing:

Sigh...I guess the Pack won't be makin' it this time... :sad:

Skryker
May 9th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I can't do the Saturday because the store is open. Sunday is better and we're hoping that my guy has the Sunday night off for the holiday-his employer hasn't said yet whether the night shift will get Sunday, Monday or a lieu day. :frustrated: Makes it so easy to plan!

Miss Bronwyn was better this morning at the river-still pulling but getting a bit better about other dogs and people approaching. :fingerscr she might be OKish by the 20th. I think the experience would be a good one, if she doesn't get so worked up she makes herself ill, ya know? I could really work on the training aspects if she's worn out by the long ride and excitement.

And since I usually assume we're doing something wrong when there's a problem with them, I've been watching closely to see what's going on-inconsistency is some of the problem. Hubby and I make the dogs mind and not pull (as much as we can :frustrated: ) but my kid has been letting the dogs pull her around on the leash. :eek: Some of the problem solved.

Prin
May 9th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah, family dogs are never easy to train because of the inconsistency between family members. Bronny and Fing just have to get that you two are the alphas no matter who's around and no matter what the rules are for other people.

Skryker
May 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Mostly they do get it, they just test the limits now and again like all kids do, just to make sure the rules haven't changed. :D

Fingal is more laid back and less prone to push but Bronny is so very much a pusher. We'll get there. I just don't want to be one of those people you run into, fruitlessly calling their dogs, giving commands that are totally ignored....and they weren't those dogs, right up to this week. :frustrated: So I remind myself, they're 18 months old, they're teenagers, once they realize they aren't gonna get anywhere this way, they'll stop....and I cross my fingers that that's true! :laughing:

technodoll
May 9th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I just don't want to be one of those people you run into, fruitlessly calling their dogs, giving commands that are totally ignored..

hey! dat's me! :D

Skryker
May 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM
:D I don't think you're what I mean, somehow, TD! I'm talking about the same type of people who tell their kids to behave, now, or Mommy will be sad! over and over while the kid does whatever-but if you asked Mommy, Mommy will tell you that her child is a perfect angel, just a little high spirited! :laughing:

And we all know that dogs will behave wonderfully until there's an audience-then they will do the most embarassing thing possible!

Lukka'sma
May 9th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Sounds like you are gonna have a blast. I hope the weather holds for you and I can't wait to see all the pics.

Prin
May 9th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks, Lukka's ma. :)

Hey, Skryker, with all the dogs and strange people around, we'll all be the useless, talking-to-the-wall dog owners. :laughing:

No worries. There's no judgement from me as long as you try.:D If your dog is humping my dog and you don't care, then I'll judge you. :D :evil:

technodoll
May 9th, 2007, 08:38 PM
looks like we might only be able to make it saturday, have to see... dakotah's breeder is in town at the DDO dog show (she has two of her girls entered) and we're scheduled for a visit with "beanie's gramma", such a rare treat that we have to take it when it passes...

Need to speak with her to figure out when she arrives / leaves and we'll manage to do both pets.ca meetup AND the dog show :p

Prin
May 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
So what day is it? I kind of would prefer Sunday so Skryker and Aimster can come...:D

Stacer
May 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM
We're good for Sunday.

Skryker
May 13th, 2007, 10:18 PM
My guy found out he'll be working on the Sunday after all, plus my parents are thinking about coming for the weekend (nice last minute plans, eh? :rolleyes: Some warning next time folks! And how about finalizing some plans! :frustrated: )-so I can't make it after all. So if Saturday works better for everyone, please don't worry about me.

:sad: Rats! I was really looking forward to this, too. :frustrated: So what was that about a fall meet up?

(or another weekend, maybe, I can meet some of you at a park somewhere.)

Aimster
May 14th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Well.....I'm leaving for New Brunswick in a few hours (5 AM :yell: ) and I'm super excited to meet everyone in a week!!! See you all then! :D

Hunter's_owner
May 14th, 2007, 07:21 AM
:sad: Rats! I was really looking forward to this, too. :frustrated: So what was that about a fall meet up?

(or another weekend, maybe, I can meet some of you at a park somewhere.)

Oh yes, I will be pushing for a fall meet-up, lol:o
I just have to wait for the hockey schedule to come out to figure out the best time to go:rolleyes: :laughing:

technodoll
May 14th, 2007, 08:29 AM
we're still on for a montreal meetup THIS weekend though, in case anyone wants to join. not sure which day we can make it though, i'll find out later this week. :goodvibes:

Prin
May 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I can make it both days, but I wanna meet Stacer and Aimster! :D

Stacer
May 14th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Me and hubby are still a comin', we're arriving on Friday night prolly pretty late and staying until Sunday. We don't have to work on monday so we can stay pretty late into sunday evening so.... And I'll be in touch with Amie (Aimster) this week so I can let her know which day we're all meeting.

Puppyluv
May 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I can do either day, but I have to be out of there by 2:30. So if you all decide to start it at 3 I'll go to my corner and cry.:sad:

Prin
May 14th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Ok, what about Sunday morning at like 11.:D

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM
So is there a final dission?? is it going to be on Sunday the 20th (the weather is better for sunday rain for Saturday) at 11;00am near bever lake pond??

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 03:04 PM
sounds good to me!!!

it's a big lake though, so how about we meet near the lodge, and then maybe walk around to find a shady spot with picnic tables? Assuming there are any available, LOL! :laughing:

marko
May 16th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going to try to make it as well... at least for a little bit.
Hoping to meet as many people and their :dog: s and :cat: s as possible. :D

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
How many people and pets are actully going does anyone have a count??

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Skryker

who else??

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think:

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Skryker
LynLyn?
Breeze, you're coming right?

who else?... raise your hands! LOL

Puppyluv
May 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeehttp://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Ok updated list: :)

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Skryker
Puppyluv
LynLyn??
Breeze, you're coming right??

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yes I belive I am :fingerscr

catsnatcher-CDN
May 16th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I have a meeting on Sunday at 11:00 am 'til about 11:30 ish and will come straight there once I'm done.

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM
still updated :thumbs up

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Skryker
Puppyluv
Breeze
Catsnatcher (will be a bit late though)
LynLyn??

wooo! :crazy:

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone else??????

the more the merrier

cpietra16
May 16th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'll try to make it with Winnie...it will nice to see catsnatcher..too bad I can't bring Tigger and Charlie:D I guess that would cause one Heck if a rampage.

Aimster
May 16th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Don't forget about me!!! :D

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM
still updated

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Skryker
Puppyluv
Breeze
LynLyn??
Cpietra16
Aimster

anyone else??

Stacer
May 16th, 2007, 07:06 PM
It's gettin' closer!!!
Can anyone post a map of the park and how to get to beaver lake and the lodge?

heidiho
May 16th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Ok i want lots of pics posted up here of everyone and all the pets,how fun,can you guys just fly here instead??!!:eek:

Rottielover
May 16th, 2007, 07:44 PM
would it be cool to bring a child? or is that out of the question?, will all dogs be on leash?? and someone tell me how to get there...plssss. I will try

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yes, all dogs must be leashed there, by law, and since it's an open public space there are usually quite a few children running around, too!

Map: http://www.homeandabroad.com/map/mainInfoGMap.ha?mainInfoId=69477

the red dot is where we are meeting... it's the lodge by the lake, very easy to find :)

Rottielover
May 16th, 2007, 08:08 PM
will anyone have a cell phone, I always get lost
I think we would love to go. sunday?? at a 11am ?? think there should be a cell phone communication too, LOL

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 08:23 PM
hehe I'll be there (with Bowser) provided I can find the place (map with directions please!!) or maybe someone can meet me somewhere with an address (for my GPS system) and I'll follow you there. (I've been working alot but i'm still here!!)

Skryker
May 16th, 2007, 08:28 PM
:o Reupdated list:

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Puppyluv
Breeze
LynLyn??
Cpietra16
Aimster

I can't make it this time-last minute family visit announced. I want lots of pics, too, and a fall meet-up!:thumbs up

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM
awe skryker! bring them along, just for a short visit! :o

I need to add, for anyone coming to the meetup and bringing their boys: I have to keep Dakotah away from all male dogs, as a precaution... and I mean more than just a foot or two away :o After the last scrap with the mastiff he is not as tolerant as he was before with strange dogs... well except for females, he's a real romeo then, LOL! :D Oh and humans will get licked and kissed to death, he is SUCH a lover!

Maika has never met a dog she didn't love, and vice-versa so there is NO problem letting her greet and play with all the friendly furkids, on the contrary. She'll pretty much ignore all the humans though :rolleyes:

Sorry for the bla-bla, but I really want to play it safe and avoid any potential bad situations, you know?... we go there to have fun! :highfive:

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Bowser is good with most dogs AFTER he gets to know them, but is a bit standoff-ish at first. He's the same with humans, he'll love you forever once he makes up his mind to, but he does take a bit of time (i'm a little nervous cause he's never met/played with such a big group of ppl/dogs before)

Rottielover
May 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
That is a good thing to know, but I do not allow anyone to have there dog come closer than 10 feet from harley. He too is really iffy around males.
Not aggressive, just very assertive.
So anyone willing to give out numbers for the people who WILL get lost, LOL

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 09:04 PM
That is a good thing to know, but I do not allow anyone to have there dog come closer than 10 feet from harley. He too is really iffy around males.
Not aggressive, just very assertive.
So anyone willing to give out numbers for the people who WILL get lost, LOL

How is Harley with people? ever since I've seen his picture i've wanted to give him a big kiss:lovestruck:

Rottielover
May 16th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Hey Breze, you live 5 mins from me, can I follow you?????

Rottielover
May 16th, 2007, 09:05 PM
OMG with people there is no stopping the kisses.......You are forwarned, Ask cpietra, she has met him, LOL

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Breze, you live 5 mins from me, can I follow you?????

yes you can I will Pm you with our cel phone nuber and then we can make arrangments

Rottielover
May 16th, 2007, 09:10 PM
That will be amazing, I have never driven around there

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Yess!!! Harley kisses! whoohoo! can i please follow someone?:p

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Yess!!! Harley kisses! whoohoo! can i please follow someone?:p

and where do you live in montreal?? on the west island??

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I live in RDP (north montreal) but I'll meet anyone anywhere (with an address) and follow from there!!

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
LynLyn do you know where the orange julip on decarie is?? (big orange ball)

LynLyn
May 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM
No I'm sorry, but if it has an address I can punch it into my GPS system and find it:thumbs up

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM
LynLyn check your PM messages

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 10:30 PM
so is there anyone else who is coming
Reupdated list:

TD
Prin
Marko
Stacer
Puppyluv
Breeze
LynLyn
Cpietra16
Aimster
Rottielover

Stacer
May 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Hey all you Montrealers, my man and I are going to have all day Saturday to do stuff in Montreal, do you guys have any recommendations for stuff to do? Food to eat? Places to go?

Nathan's a poutine lover, and I know there's been discussions about the best places to get it, gimme names of good poutine joints. And I know I've heard of other landmark Montreal restuarants but can't think of names.

I think I want to check out Old Montreal and maybe the botanical gardens. I saw the Biodome and Olympic stadium on my last visit, so I don't want to see those places again.

Stacer
May 16th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Is anyone else bringing their significant other? Nathan is a bit unsure about this meet up and thinks we're all a bunch of crazy ladies. Bring your men, they're guaranteed to have at least one thing in common, crazy animal loving womenfolk.

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Is anyone else bringing their significant other? Nathan is a bit unsure about this meet up and thinks we're all a bunch of crazy ladies. Bring your men, they're guaranteed to have at least one thing in common, crazy animal loving womenfolk.

I am cause Mike's driving :laughing:

Stacer
May 16th, 2007, 10:42 PM
So let's keep a man count too!:D

Stacer & man
Breeze & man

breeze
May 16th, 2007, 10:48 PM
at least they will have one another to talk to lol

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM
yup, both hubby and i will be there - with one beanie each :D

for poutine, i looove the one at Frite Alors (http://www.fritealors.com/an/info.html for locations... there is even one in Old Montreal! :thumbs up ) Maybe call first to see if they're open, it's not tourist season yet... try the Poutine Vladimir, yum!

Botanical gardens are nice, if the weather cooperates... it's just next to the biodome... easy to get to via subway from downtown. You can walk up St-Denis street for fun shops and cafes... so much to do, just ask your hotel concierge for advice too :highfive:

Stacer
May 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Sweet! Thanks TD

Stacer & man
Breeze & man
TD & man

aw yeah, men.

breeze
May 17th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Prin you are still coming right?? are you bring the four of the doggies???

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
yeah, where's prin? :confused: besides busy working :o

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Ok, so:

Reupdated list (with bonus questions :D)

TD +Technoman + Dakotah + Maika
Prin + Boo + 1 undecided yet (Jemma or Pablo)
Marko
Stacer + Stace-him
Puppyluv + Layla
Breeze + windyman + Bree
Catsnatcher (will be a bit late though) + Max?
LynLyn + Bowwow
Cpietra16 + Winnie
Aimster + any doggies?
Rottielover + Daughter ? + Harley

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 03:26 PM
In case of rain... we need an alternate meeting place :o

Maybe "Le Reveil du Maitre" on St-Laurent street, a cool petshop not too far from the meeting place, which has a large indoors cafe for pets and their pooches?... or?

Suggestions welcomed... the weather is not being too nice right now :frustrated:

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, reveil sounds good. :laughing:

marko
May 17th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Sound good - This should be great fun!

I'm not sure if Wifey will make it...but my camera will!

Rottielover
May 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
oh no, not revel, I will end up spending too much money again. That place is addictive, I have only been to the one in the west island, lol

Stacer
May 17th, 2007, 08:17 PM
oooh oooh ooooh, it's getting so close. I'm doing my laundry right now so I've got clean clothes when I meet ya'll.:D I don't want to stink. I wish I could bring the kitties.

breeze
May 17th, 2007, 09:42 PM
so basicly we meet on the mountain and if it is raining then we will leave from there (the mountain)?? to this place I have never heard of
address please on st laurent st??

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 09:55 PM
OK time to regroup :D

Can every access pets.ca on Sunday morning so we can agree 100% where to meet? Time is 11am, regardless...

Plan A: dry weather = Directions to the Beaver Lake Lodge on top of Mount Royal: http://www.homeandabroad.com/map/mainInfoGMap.ha?mainInfoId=69477

Plan B: wet weather = Directions to Le Reveil du Maitre Dog coffeeshop at 5377 St-Laurent Blvd, between St-Viateur and Fairmount: http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=5377%20Boulevard%20St-Laurent,%20Montréal,%20QC%20%20H2T,%20Canada&trf=0&lon=-73.597004&lat=45.525127&mag=3

Are we good? :p

breeze
May 17th, 2007, 09:59 PM
got the information now what time on sunday do you want everybody to log on to pets.ca ??
Rottielover is following us and we are meeting lynlyn at the orange julip at
10;30am

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
i guess before you get in the car? LOL

first one to get up and check the weather can say Plan A or Plan B... the beanies will be fresh from a bath and I do not want them near any mud. they need to stay clean for at least 24 hours... bathtime is such a chore, it,s all I ask LOL!!

hey at the petstore... the good kids can run loose and play with each other :o if dakotah is not behaving though, hubby will just bring him home :shrug:

breeze
May 17th, 2007, 10:07 PM
classify "good" does hyper fall in that catigory?? :D :D :laughing:

Stacer
May 17th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure if I'llhave access to the internet on sunday morning. I'll just assume that we're meeting at 11am in the park if it's nice out, or else we'll head over to the pet cafe. I can give my cell # to someone if someon wouldn't mind calling me if there's a change in plans. Wait...I think my sister (Aimster) has her laptop with her, i may have access afterall.

TeriM
May 17th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I'm so jealous :o . Make sure you guys take lots of pics :) .

Frenchy
May 17th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Breeze , are you still here ? Please check your pm.

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Cool.:) (Techno's making me kind of wish it's gonna rain lol)

Stacer
May 17th, 2007, 10:48 PM
that pet cafe is that good?

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I dunno. I've never been! :o But apparently they have all the latest and greatest stuff. It's actually a store with a café in it.

Stacer
May 17th, 2007, 10:55 PM
It does sound intriguing.:cool: (that's the closest smiley that looks intriguing)

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
well they don't have that much of a selection of food, but they only have holistic stuff... some raw frozen stuff. amazing pet toys, leashes, bowls, beds, books, etc. and they make a good latte, have snacks for both humans and kids... it's really nice.

http://www.lereveildumaitre.com/English/home.php (no laughing at that weird woman in a see-through shirt! wtf is that all about i still wonder, LOL)

Stacer
May 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
WTF??!! That is some serious see thru!! She might as well not even bother putting a shirt on. You can probably tell the brand of her bra.

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I was all, what woman? What? and then I saw... Way to advertise yourself there... :rolleyes:

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 11:33 PM
:D she da store ho maybe? :D

Prin
May 17th, 2007, 11:46 PM
She's the president.:o

Rottielover
May 18th, 2007, 08:06 AM
If you guys go to reveil I will not be going, as Harley will not be great with off leash dogs. Plus I do not need any accidents with my daughter. So I am hoping for no rain

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Rottielover what about if it rains just you and your daughter come and don't bring Harley?? this way you can meet everybody, still enjoy yourself, and not have to worry, If it rains I am going, but not 100% sure if I will bring Bree she does not do well in stores (to hyper).. just a thought

technodoll
May 18th, 2007, 09:46 AM
so far the forecast for sunday sucks!! cold and rainy! but looks good for saturday... go figure :frustrated:

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
but today is Friday things can change overnight !!

chico2
May 18th, 2007, 10:39 AM
and above all,don't forget lot's of pics for us non-Quebeckers:thumbs up

Prin
May 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Knowing the people I know from here (including me), the pics will all end up being of the doggies and their humans from the waist down. :laughing:

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 02:46 PM
better wear nice jeans with no rips in them then :laughing: :laughing:

technodoll
May 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM
every day is sunny except sunday :yell:

is there no way we can move to saturday (tomorrow)... i guess it's too late? :o

Prin
May 18th, 2007, 02:52 PM
But then Aimster can't come. :o We could always have two. :shrug:

technodoll
May 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM
what does everyone else say?....

i just can't bring dakotah to the petstore, it's too risky :sad: and i really want you guys to meet both beanies... sunday is still looking super sucky, cold and with showers. tomorrow 21C and bright sunshine. i dunno... what to do... uugghh!

Prin
May 18th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Well, I'm free. :D But I won't bring too many tomorrow, maybe just Boo, if we go. Stacer should be around... Puppyluv's working in the afternoon... :shrug:

technodoll
May 18th, 2007, 03:08 PM
kay forget it, too complimicated :D

sunday 11am it is then! pray the skies will hold, LOL!

Prin
May 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM
lol yeah. 60-70% chance of rain... Maybe it'll get bumped up to Saturday night? Or Monday? Let's just hope this is the 99% of the time they're wrong.

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr for the weather to hold out

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 03:37 PM
just saw the french weather chanel they say rain in the afternoon and a high of 18c not bad if it's true we can manage that :thumbs up

Aimster
May 18th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Oh please don't change it to Saturday, I'm sitting here in Fox Harbour, Nova Scotia and won't be leaving until tomorrow morning and I rrrrrrreally want to meet everyone!!!!! If plans change tomorrow I'll be meeting up with Stacer and I have my laptop so we'll be on top of things. Unfortunately I couldn't bring Moxy so it will just be me and my girlfriend Sherry. Bye for now!!!

technodoll
May 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
it's still Sunday 11am LOL! :highfive:

Prin
May 18th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Let's change the plans secretly. Bwahahahaaa!!!

Just kidding. Sunday at 11AM. Rain or Snow! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Sounds like so much fun! I want to say "take lots of pictures"...but we know how that goes... :frustrated: I might have to drive into town and use my hubby's high speed work computer--it's 75 km, but it'd be worth it! :D

You guys have fun!

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 04:05 PM
But Hazel we can post them on photobucket or yahoo or an other ones you said it worked for you didn't you?? so you can see them no??

Stacer
May 18th, 2007, 04:22 PM
we're heading out in about 1 hour. We're around on saturday if anyone wants to get together, but we really should do the big meet up on sunday so everyone can meet. Is it OK to post my cell # in case anyone wants to get a hold of me? 416-655-0901 (Admins, delete my # if it's not OK). we're gonna do the tourist thing on saturday but might want some dinner company if anyone's interested? So we'll see you guys very very soon, so exciting!

hazelrunpack
May 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM
But Hazel we can post them on photobucket or yahoo or an other ones you said it worked for you didn't you?? so you can see them no??

That's right! (insert :little jumping up and down smiley guy: here) I can download the thumbnails from photobucket pretty well! :thumbs up Great idea, breeze...now I feel better. :cloud9:

breeze
May 18th, 2007, 05:15 PM
then that is what I will do and maybe the other people who take pictures will do the same so people with slower modems and dial up can see ALL the pictures

LynLyn
May 19th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I'm following Breeze and her manny (bree is coming right?) if it's alright I'll be bringing a friend and her dog (you remember Bowser's best friend Money right?) and my friend Cathy now on the forum as Kit-Cat

Kit-Cat
May 19th, 2007, 02:01 AM
I'm following Breeze and her manny (bree is coming right?) if it's alright I'll be bringing a friend and her dog (you remember Bowser's best friend Money right?) and my friend Cathy now on the forum as Kit-Cat

Hola!.. Finally my email is working...Yes, I will be there Lyn. Lets just hope Money isnt too bratty with the other dogs. He's got this small dog / big dog syndrome thing that tends to act up around other dogs. If only he realized how big he really was. :fingerscr

LynLyn
May 19th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Hola!.. Finally my email is working...Yes, I will be there Lyn. Lets just hope Money isnt too bratty with the other dogs. He's got this small dog / big dog syndrome thing that tends to act up around other dogs. If only he realized how big he really was. :fingerscr

You made it on! now go and get to know EVERYONE! you have 24 hours!

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 08:47 AM
LynLyn, only if it doesn't rain I will bring Bree. She does not do well in stores (to hyper) so if it's the store we are going to then no, Bree won't be coming.

It still says 80% chance of rain tomorrow :shrug: lets find out later today if it will start in the morning or afternoon..:fingerscr :pray:

gomez
May 19th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Will someone take requests for photos?

I want to see a picture of Bowser with the Beanies...

And a group shot... a special prize for anyone that can get a group shot!!

Skryker
May 19th, 2007, 10:13 AM
A group shot would be very cool-but it would have to be from a distance, since Dakotah and Harley don't get along well with other dogs (well, other male dogs for Dakotah.)

:frustrated: Since I'll be at the store all day today, I can't get away tomorrow even for a bit. Tomorrow is family BBQ (but since last week was mother's day and Wednesday was my Mom's birthday, the least I can do is be around for a rare family day, I guess. :o You know, since she did give me life and raised me and stuff. :D Yeah, she's really good about those guilt trips!).

technodoll
May 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM
rats! it's super-gorgeous today, of course, and 80% RAIN tomorrow morning and then all day. Looks like we'll be going to the Dog Cafe... :frustrated: we can bring dakotah but he'll have to stay in the tiny gated entrance only, and still it's not sure cuz people come and go and we can't risk a fight. :sad: I have a feeling most of you won't get to see him at all, since hubby said "5 minutes max" if this is the case. DAMMIT! :mad:

maika will have a ball though. lucky girl :p

Skryker
May 19th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Aw, I was looking at a park area kind of between here and Montreal, thinking it would make a good spot for a future meet-up, even though it's on-leash, and it turns out that the day-use area is completely off-limits for dogs. :mad: I knew the beach was no dogs, but why the picnic area? Crumby!

Prin
May 19th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Bowser and the beanies and a group shot. Got it. :D Hopefully it won't be too chaotic...

So reveil it is probably, right? I guess that's ok since it'll only be 12 degrees again. :rolleyes:

Stacer
May 19th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Morning. I'm officially a temporary montrealer. We arrived last night at 12:30and crashed. We're just walking around the city for today, I'm in an internet cafe on rue st. denis right now, just checking in to see if plans are still the same. I think we're going to head down to old montreal and walk around for a while and then I don't know where we'll head to. Aimster and her lady should be here this evening if anyone wants to get together and sit on a patio or something:D , I posted my cell number a couple post ago. It is so beautiful out today that it doesn't seem possible that it could rain tomorrow. Regardless of the rain, we'll still have some fun.

Lukka'sma
May 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Finally the time has arrived for the get together. I hope everyone has a fantastic time and I am so anxious to see some pictures of all the festivities. Everybody enjoy.:D
I will definately not be posting any pics over the next few days as they will no doubt be lost in all the Montreal photo's:laughing: Someone please post a few as soon as they are available!!!!

hazelrunpack
May 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM
We're supposed to have rain here today and usually Montreal gets our weather systems the day after. Let's hope it dumps all the rain here and not up there! :fingerscr We need it!

I'm already excited to see the pics. :highfive: It's gonna be slow on pets.ca tomorrow midday, though! :eek: :D

Frenchy
May 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Montreal Stacer !

hazelrunpack
May 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Speak of the devil--it just started to rain now! We're concentrating on suckin' every little last bit of moisture out of the system before we send it on :fingerscr

otter
May 19th, 2007, 01:11 PM
It's pouring rain here too! Between Hazel and I, I think we can arrange to have all those clouds dried out before the meet up tomorrow :D

I'm on my way to Toronto.... i'll do my best to leave the clouds behind

Puppyluv
May 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Oh poo. If it's at Reveil, I don't think I'll be able to make it. I won't have time to tire Layla out before I go to work if I go, so I guess I'm out. Sorry.:sad:

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 02:46 PM
ok it is still 80% chance now it only says 1-3mm of rain that is not much it is only a sprinkle so I still think we can go to the mountain....
will keep you posted

Rottielover
May 19th, 2007, 04:33 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr that it is the mountain, would love for everyone to meet my gentle, but hyper giant......
Breeze, I will talk to you tomorrow morning, and see what we will do....
Harley is not dog aggressive, but I do know is he is a dominant male. So no chances at the store since people will be letting dogs off leash.

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 04:42 PM
It's 4;25 and the report is that there will only be rain in the afternoon so I am pretty sure we can go to the mountain for the meet.....

technodoll
May 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM
:fingerscr crossing fingers :fingerscr toes :fingerscr paws :fingerscr tails and everything else crossable for NO RAIN IN THE MORNING!!! woooo!

should we meet at 10:30am just in case??????

Rottielover
May 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I do not mind, I am always up at some crazy hour because of my daughter anyways, LOL

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:11 PM
10:30 sounds good to me I am up early anyway..
I have to contact LynLyn to tell her to meet at the orange julip by 10:00am instead of 10:30am

Rottielover you and I will meet up at 9:45 if I can get a hold of LynLyn

Rottielover
May 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
ok, I will have the silver station wagon parked in front of the super C entrance. Is that cool ????

technodoll
May 19th, 2007, 05:16 PM
So I guess around 9am tomorrow, we can confirm right here in this thread if e DO meet at the mountain, pull up the map & directions again, and specify 10:30am instead of 11am, to maximise our chances of not getting rained on? :o

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Just spoke to Stacer and her cousin they said it would be ok for 10;30

Rottielover
May 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
so we must contact lyn lyn, and friend, and Prin....

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Rottilover no problem

just have to get a hold of LynLyn

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
no problem with LynLyn and friend just talked to her

now for Prin and who else??

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Ok, so:

Reupdated list (with bonus questions )

TD +Technoman + Dakotah + Maika good for 10;30
Prin + Boo + 1 undecided yet (Jemma or Pablo)Marko
Stacer + Stace-him good for 10;30
Puppyluv + Layla
Breeze + windyman + Bree good for 10;30
LynLyn + Bowwow good for 10;30
Cpietra16 + Winnie
Aimster + any doggies? good for 10;30
Rottielover + Daughter ? + Harley good for 10;30
Marko and wifie ?? good for 10;30

the ones in red must reply

marko
May 19th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'm OK for tomorrow and I'll try hard for 10:30

Just so we're crystal - the lodge you are talking about...is that the large lodge with 2 floors I believe ...and the sell food on the top floor?

Thanks - so excited to meet everyone!

Plan A: dry weather = Directions to the Beaver Lake Lodge on top of Mount Royal: http://www.homeandabroad.com/map/mainInfoGMap.ha?mainInfoId=69477

Plan B: wet weather = Directions to Le Reveil du Maitre Dog coffeeshop at 5377 St-Laurent Blvd, between St-Viateur and Fairmount: http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=5377%20Boulevard%20St-Laurent,%20Montréal,%20QC%20%20H2T,%20Canada&trf=0&lon=-73.597004&lat=45.525127&mag=3&env=F

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
ya the lodge is right near the lake

marko
May 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Cool. Cuz there is also some historic house near one of the parking lots on the same side... NOT that historic house right?

thx - just want it to be crystal.

Marko

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 05:59 PM
no the lodge that you use when you go skating to put your stuff in the locker ( at least that is what I remember) :laughing: it's been awhile since I have been up there :laughing: :D

o heck just drive around all the parking lots and when you see alot of doggies you know you are in the right place...... sorry could not resist

Frenchy
May 19th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Yes Marko, if you see a Bernese mountain dog going like this = :goodvibes: it's Breeze's dog.:D sorry, couldn't resist either :laughing:

marko
May 19th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Great! - Until tomorrow everyone :highfive:

Marko

cpietra16
May 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I believe I'm still in. I'll check on tomorrow morning for the finalized plan...just incase.
I haven't been to Mount since highschool, but I think I may know the spot

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM
TD +Technoman + Dakotah + Maika good for 10;30
Prin + Boo + 1 undecided yet (Jemma or Pablo)
Stacer + Stace-him good for 10;30
Puppyluv + Layla
Breeze + windyman + Bree good for 10;30
LynLyn + Bowwow good for 10;30
Cpietra16 + Winnie good for 10;30
Aimster + any doggies? good for 10;30
Rottielover + Daughter ? + Harley good for 10;30
Marko and wifie ?? good for 10;30

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Has anybody metioned to bring change for the meters, I belive we still have to pay the meters on Sundays even up at the mountain

hazelrunpack
May 19th, 2007, 07:52 PM
If you get the same rain we did, it'll cloud up, rain buckets for about 10 minutes, then clear up again. sigh...we tried to suck all the moisture out of it for you, but it just left too quickly... :sorry: :o

This lodge sounds lovely! :D Make sure you get a picture of the lodge, too! :thumbs up

breeze
May 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
We will try Hazel, the weather says only 30% in the morning and 80% late afternoon, So I would say we are good to go....
So you did suck up all the rain for us hehehehe job well done :thumbs up

Rottielover
May 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Does anyone remember how much change you need.....

technodoll
May 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
i know downtown the meters were hiked to $3 per hour (:mad: ) but up on the mountain, i have no idea... bring a few toonies, just in case :thumbs up

oh and bring water bottles and drink bowls... not sure if the new lodge is open for business yet, they did lots of renovations around there recently :fingerscr

AliSam
May 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I so wish that I could come. It is just too far for me to drive (and with the price of gas...) Maybe if we can have a meet in the GTA sometime...

Lots and lots of pictures please.

technodoll
May 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM
OK who's bringing cameras? i could bring mine... but need better photographers there, LOL! :o

Rottielover
May 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I will be bringing mine...LOL, it is already packed so I will not forget it.

marko
May 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I just got new zoom recently and I'll bring it so long as nobody suggests that I'm compensating for something. :D

Puppyluv
May 20th, 2007, 12:04 AM
oooooohh yaaay! If it's outside, I will be there :thumbs up

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 12:44 AM
It used to be $4 for the day on the mountain but I don't know if it went up recently or not.... Probably.:rolleyes:

So I still haven't decided who's coming... Definitely Jemma and Boo, but I don't know if I can handle Pablo too... If I let Jems on the flexi and put Boo on the newtrix, they'll basically not be there, so then I can bring big pully, massive Pabs.:D But am I brave enough? :o

chico2
May 20th, 2007, 07:43 AM
:pray: it does not rain om you guys,we had rain through the night,hope it makes a turn waaay to the west,away from you:pray:

breeze
May 20th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Forcast says rain stating at around 5;00pm sunny for most part and some clouds

the mountain it is then???? see you there

cpietra16
May 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM
will it be 10:30 or 11:30?

technodoll
May 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM
10:30am! :highfive:

Prin, two dogs is more than enough IMO... we want to see YOU too! LOL although the dog-free folks can always pick up a leash too, i guess :D n't

can't wait to see you guys! look for two clean fluffy akitas towing two harried owners, LOL!

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Have fun and take notes. :D Those of us who can't make it are expecting full written reports (with illustrations) from all of you--due tonight at 9 p.m. local time (insert :smiley with authoritative expression on face, tapping toe of show: here)

Nah...just have fun! :D :goodvibes: :highfive:

And no rain! :fingerscr

AliSam
May 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM
It is raining here right now at 10:00 (East Oshawa). :fingerscr it isn't moving Eastward.

Puppyluv
May 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Well,I just got the royal phone call, sking me to come in to work early, so it looks like I can't make it. Sorry:sad:

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
So I'm gonna be a little late... :D I had to clean a crime scene after Jemma shook this morning... :rolleyes: I'm on my way....

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Ok, so my 99 pics are downloading..... :D I'm gonna post a new thread..:)

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 02:01 PM
:highfive:

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Does anybody mind having their pic up?

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I think you're the first back...might be a while before anyone else logs on. :D Whadidjya do? Fly back? :eek: :laughing:

Good turnout? No rain?

Rottielover
May 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
WOW 99 pics, inbetween controlling Harley, and Kayla I got 6, LOL
Was really nice meeting everyone.
Everyone has gorgeous doggies

Lukka'sma
May 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I have to leave for work now, but can't wait to return tonight and see all the pictures from the meet. Glad you had good weather and so far sounds like it was a good time.

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I'm sure 99 is peanuts for Marko, techno and all the other cameras... There were so many cameras... :D K, well, I'll just start with the no faces pics for now..

Rottielover
May 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I do not mind the face.....
Harley has been wiped out since we got home, how are your guys?

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Jemma and Boo are out. Leila and Pablo are confused.:D

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Rats! :frustrated: I gotta run, too! But I'll be back lookin' for those pics later! :thumbs up don't forget the link to the thumbnails for us slow-poke behind-the-times modem users, too, please :o

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Jemma and Boo are out. Leila and Pablo are confused.:D

Did you bring them all? :eek: Or are L and P just confused cuz J and B are so sleepy in the middle of the day? :D

erykah1310
May 20th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I cant wait to see the pictures, I really wish I could have went.:sad:
I had an alright weekend though, but will start a new thread.
I look forward to seeing all 99 pics!:D

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Did you bring them all? :eek: Or are L and P just confused cuz J and B are so sleepy in the middle of the day? :D

Yeah, Leila and Pabs didn't come, so they're all pumped that we're home.:D

poodletalk
May 20th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Nice pictures Prin and Rottie!

technodoll
May 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
we had SO much fun! (despite the near psycho-dog decapitation :o ) i haven't touched the camera yet, been too busy running around but will download soon... there are at least 130 pics if not more (hubby took LOTS, me not one haha). Of course i'll only post the few best :D

loved meeting everyone and their gorgeous doggies, i am impressed how everyone was well-behaved and even the non-social hubby said "I had a great time!" :highfive: it was just too short :o

Rottielover
May 20th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Harley is snoring up a storm, I think fun was had by all, It was great to put dogs to the people, LOL

cpietra16
May 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Winnie had a good time meeting up with all the other dogies, even though she's more of a people doggie. She knows who carries the food:D can't wait to see the pics

marko
May 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I had agreat time too! :highfive:

It was so much fun to meet everyone in person. You are all so nice!

and the dooogs! Loved the doogs! - soo000 beautiful!

Just curious...I took quite a few pictures...and some of them have humans in them. I'd like to post a bunch of them.

Are people okay with having their pictures posted? Please either answer in this thread or PM me. I hope to post these shots tomorrow.

Thanks everyone - Loved it!....and hope to do it again.

Marko

technodoll
May 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM
if they are just faces with no names attached or anything, it's really ok with me :) i already went ahead and posted the pics in an online album... i hope i'm not breaking any rules or that anyone will be upset... please let me know!
it's a really good looking bunch of doggies AND humans!

marko good luck with your cookies (dang nuts, LOL) and it was a pleasure to meet you, and everyone else. like you said... what a warm and awesome bunch! :grouphug: maybe next time a few more members can make it!

breeze
May 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Marko I have no problem with you posting the pictures :thumbs up

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I don't have a problem either. I'm waiting for the group shots!! *crosses arms and taps foot*

At the end, Stacer's troop left and another furry family took their parking spot so I gave them my parking ticket thingy and they gave me $2. You know it's a great day when... :laughing:

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, so here are the pic threads:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40610 (Rottielover and me)

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40613 (techno and breeze)

Kit-Cat
May 20th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I think next time I'll bring a muzzle and drug Money up a bit..=/ Thanks to everyone who were being really patient with the barking, yapping, crying, whining.. lol. I had an awesome time.. it was nice meeting all of you!! Maybe next time I'll be able to say hi to the other dogs.

breeze
May 20th, 2007, 08:11 PM
and is money ok what did the vet say??

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I think next time I'll bring a muzzle and drug Money up a bit..=/ Thanks to everyone who were being really patient with the barking, yapping, crying, whining.. lol. I had an awesome time.. it was nice meeting all of you!! Maybe next time I'll be able to say hi to the other dogs.

Ah, it was fine (IMO). I think all the dogs were way better behaved than if we had been a random bunch of people meeting up out of nowhere. :shrug:

I hope Money's ok. :grouphug:

technodoll
May 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM
hey kit-cat, how is money? how's his puncture, did you bring him to the vet or does he seem ok? please let me know, i'm worried about him... and yes, do try the bio-calm or other homeopathic "calmer"... and maybe switch him to a harness? easier to handle and control him and also gentler on his neck when he lunges... good luck with the little guy and it was great to meet you! you are a saint! LOL :)

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
:eek: Dog decapitation incident!!!! :eek: Money has a puncture!?!!!!:eek:

Okay, we need some clarification here, or hazel won't sleep tonight! :o

Prin
May 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM
No biggie Hazel. The minpin Money had a bit of a death wish and broke loose and went for giant Dakotah. Everybody's ok, although I think Dakotah's a little shaken up.:p

Kit-Cat
May 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Money's okay! No worries! He's on antibiotics and aspirin and is behaving like a little angel now! =) Just laying around getting spoiled with attention. He's got mommy running around trying everything to make him more comfortable. The vet said he'll be up and running in no time....:eek:

technodoll
May 20th, 2007, 09:36 PM
i think datotah still doesn't know what hit him, LOL! :eek: :o

hazelrunpack
May 20th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Oh, my! :o he he What was Money thinking!? :laughing:

I'm glad he's going to be okay, Kit-Cat... :grouphug:

I guess it's true what they say about little dogs having big dog hearts, eh? :D

Aimster
May 20th, 2007, 11:56 PM
It was great meeting everyone, we had a great time today! I'm happy to hear that Money is going to be okay.

I'm fine with pictures of the ol' mug being posted. I'm going to get my pictures up as soon as possible.

technodoll
May 21st, 2007, 11:36 AM
more pics! yay! :D

marko... where are yours... :rolleyes: :crazy:

catsnatcher-CDN
May 22nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Can't somebody photoshop me in the group shot? I was there maybe just for a bit but still.

technodoll
May 22nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
she certainly was! all chic and swell, too! the beanies loooved her :D :p

marko
May 22nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
My pics are located here and I had an AMAZING time!
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40613

and yes of course I'll add you in catsnatcher - just give me 24 hours.

thx
M