Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

China meats/animal feed

Goldens4Ever
May 7th, 2007, 05:07 PM
So, any meat that is produced in China should be avoided now because the feed that the animals are fed may be contaminated?

I want some clarification on this, as the Duck & Rabbit treats we give our two (just dried breast meat) is from China. Should I discontinue feeding these???

rainbow
May 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM
WOW....I didn't know we imported meat from China but if that's the case I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. :eek:

Mypetsrmykids
May 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM
So, any meat that is produced in China should be avoided now because the feed that the animals are fed may be contaminated?

I want some clarification on this, as the Duck & Rabbit treats we give our two (just dried breast meat) is from China. Should I discontinue feeding these???

I promise I will post as soon as I get an answer. I will call again if I don't hear anything but the guy I talked to was very interested in finding the answer so I think he will respond. As far as giving my pets food or treats that are DIRECTLY from China and knowing what I know now about the conditions in China and how the Chinese citizens are afraid to eat their own food, I would give you a strong "he## no", I personally would never give them anything that was made in China.

Goldens4Ever
May 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Both of them have been a little itchy these past 2-3 weeks & that's about the time that we purchased those treats.....but they get them in such small quantities. :confused:

One of Goldie's ears has been slightly red & itchy--nothing to cause alarm, but unusual for her. I will throw those treats out & make our own in the dehydrator.

Thanks for the responses. :)

Prin
May 7th, 2007, 05:56 PM
WOW....I didn't know we imported meat from China but if that's the case I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. :eek:

Yeah, I agree... Meat quality control over there isn't great from what I know... Costco used to sell chicken strips from China that were "not for human consumption" (said it on the package...).

Goldens4Ever
May 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I just called Dr.'s Foster & Smith to inquire about their dried duck, chicken, & pork fillets, & theirs are made in CHINA as well. Why can't companies make products using US meat!!!??? :yell: :mad: :sad:

RUSTYcat
May 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
ANYONE using ANY food product coming out of China needs to READ THIS:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=116d389c-d17c-4975-973f-7fa1c649e094&k=18605

You gotta just luv the Sun too......misgivings, you say?

Why, in god's name, considering what the CFIA findings were, were these products approved for entry here, is just beyond me!!!!!!!!

WTF is this crowd - CFIA - doing? ? ? ? ? ?

Oh yeah....note that the Chinese plants have promised to heat-treat the products.......now, would you take that to the bank?

Goldens4Ever
May 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM
How sad. I just wonder how many consumers don't look, & so they don't know. :sad: