Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

outraged

amsmom2njkz
May 7th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I have been here a little while and have read numerous things on dog and cat foods and began to get more and more curious, so when we brought Abraxas home I investigated ingredients on pet food labels. I was outraged at what I saw. Herbacides, Pestacides, ingredients used to make cough syrup, by product such as diseased animals, roadkill, animals with flea and tick collars, ingredients used in laundry detergent. How about we just add a big scoop if Tide to the food....I am like WT*. This infuriates me that this is ALL legal and perfectly O.K. with the pet food manufacturers, the regualtors, and the pet owners. Never again will dog food be fed in this house. I am soooo glad I found a Holistic vet and he is helping us learn how to feed him the right and healthy way. I only hope people care enough about their pets to do the research and learn what exactly they are feeding their beloved pets.:mad:

Just needed to let off some steam

rainbow
May 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Yes, there are a lot of crappy pet foods out there but if you stick to the premium holistic brands you're okay as long as you still read and understand the labels.

Prin
May 7th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yep. :sad: The worst is when you get to know the labels really well and then you start applying the same logic to picking human foods... I tell ya, getting store-bought spaghetti sauce was never so difficult.:o

technodoll
May 7th, 2007, 06:31 PM
prin that's not even funny. i looked at the ingredients for all the breakfast cereals in our cupboard and got hives. tossed everything out and now we're only eating natural, organic granola with ingredients we can read and understand, and that don't have any added sugar in any form. do you know how hard that is to find :evil:

re: petfoods. yep. the more you dig, the worse it gets... we don't buy any commercial petfood for our dogs either, all home-made here. :dog: