Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

how do i deal with a pregnant dog

mclaughlins82
May 7th, 2007, 07:21 AM
how do you make your dog not feel left out after having having new baby.

pitgrrl
May 7th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I know nothing about pregnancy or puppies unfortunately (or fortunately), but since you seem totally unprepared for the this you might want to speak to your vet about a pregnant spay.

Hunter's_owner
May 7th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I agree with pitgirl. Also, I don't mean to be rude, but if she would have been spayed in the first place you would not have had this problem.;)

CyberKitten
May 7th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I have to concur - if this somehow inadvertently happened to my dog - had I not been able to say get a vet appt in time, I would have her spayed as soon as possible if she is still not too far along. That would be the best option since you seem unprepared for this.

i_have_too_many
May 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
OK maybe I am slow today but I do not understand the question. The title is about a pregnant dog, but the question talks about a dog feeling left out after a baby, :confused:

Was it the dog who had pups? or you who had a baby and now the dog is feeling rejected?

please clarify

phoenix
May 7th, 2007, 02:47 PM
IHTM,
The oP changed the post. This morning it used to say that the dog got pregnant by accident and what to do about it.

Maya
May 7th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Regardless of your decision to keep the pups or not, you need advice from a vet about your dogs present condition. Once you let people on the forum know that you are planning a vet visit and hopefully a spay then they will likely be happy to share thier experience/advice with integrating doggy and baby so no one feels left out. Please let us know, we all care deeply about animals here and only want what is best for thier health and well being.:dog: :)