Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

akita party! 2 little videos

technodoll
May 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
the beanies met a very sweet and cute 14 month old girl named "Inu" at the park today, they looooved each other! Maika and her have the same gentle, social temperaments, not an aggressive bone in their bodies. sweet eh? PLEASE ignore the choppy, crappy video quality... the camera is going back to the shop tomorrow for an exchange :mad:

The musketeers (and yes dakotah did tell the other dog to "go away", the big bully!):

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/videos/th_playandsnap.jpg (http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/videos/?action=view&current=playandsnap.flv)

dakotah and inu:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/videos/th_intro.jpg (http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/videos/?action=view&current=intro.flv)

and a photo of the "lioness in training" :D

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/DSC00005.jpg

Prin
May 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM
How did Jemma get in your second movie? :D I'm glad Maika had fun.:)

technodoll
May 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM
jemma's everywhere :D

i tried to photograph the black doggies for you but :mad: :sad: nevermind, what a failure today's shots were. lesson learned!

Rottielover
May 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
What a great bunch of videos.....Those 2 are very photogenic

JanM
May 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I love the lion in training pix - looks like some pretty happy puppies!

Smiley14
May 6th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Oh, LOL, those are adorable! So fun to see them in action! :) Also love the "lioness" pic! Too cute! :lovestruck:

angeldogs
May 7th, 2007, 03:46 AM
I like the videos and the lioness pic.Maika is one pretty girl.

Hunter's_owner
May 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Aww the beanies:cloud9: Sorry for your camera troubles, but I really liked the videos and pics, any pics the beanies are in look great to me:cloud9:

breeze
May 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM
great lioness picture I love that one :lovestruck:

Skryker
May 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Nice to see the kids having fun, and after his experience with the mastiff, I guess it's easy to see why Dakotah was telling the other dog to get lost. :sad:

I can see in the video, too, that it seems like the camera couldn't decide where to focus. Too bad, I hope you find one that you like better.

Crestedcrazy
May 7th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Great videos! They actually seem to play rather gently, very sweet!
Love that lion pic :love:

technodoll
May 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
thank you for the kind words, everyone! i'll get better videos up soon - my old small olympus digicam still takes reasonable videos so I'm keeping it.

that black dog dakotah snapped at was a neutered male, we first thought it was a female cuz we looked and didn't see his "male bits" at all (he he small weinie?), otherwise we never would have let that dog get close to him at all - our mistake. glad dakotah has the brains to just tell a dog off with one bark and not attack him "just because" - if that ever happened he'd have to be muzzled when in public :eek: :mad: sigh. the big beanie is the most gentlest and kindest of souls with humans though, that's what irks me.

anyways.

Picked up a new cam, battery is loading just now so i hope to have some new pics later. Back to SLR photography! :highfive:

Skryker
May 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I understand, TD. Bronny-girl is a huge suck and hides behind me when other dogs come near until she's made friends-unless she's on the leash. :o Then she greets other dogs with barking and raised fur. We're working on it but it's so very frustrating because I know she's not aggressive but I don't want to set her up to fail and have a disaster on my hands.

Unfortunately, people see a largish black dog barking and with raised hackles and it's game over for the public relations front-in their minds, that's an aggressive dog waiting to bite someone. :sad: Lick them to death, nibble a bit to groom, yes-bite, no.

SableCollie
May 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Hooray! akitas! :D
It's amazing that your female gets on well with other females, there does seem to be a lot of same-sex dog aggression in the breed.

*sigh* I want an akita. Maybe someday....:fingerscr

technodoll
May 7th, 2007, 02:23 PM
sablecollie, you are correct: in general, same-sex akitas are a disaster but i've seen many exceptions in the breed. alot of factors weigh in such as genetics, individual temperaments, socialization, etc. i'm sooo happy maika thinks she's a mig mooshy poodle, LOL! :D

SableCollie
May 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Maika looks like my grampa's old akita, Betsu. She had a real soft temperament too. She didn't want to really play with other dogs, but she was fine with them. And she even lived with a cat! She was shy, but loved little kids, any little kid could go up and pat her, and play with her, but strange adults were not allowed to touch her or enter the house without a family member. Very calm she would just give a deep growl but never went any further. Good watchdog. I just loved her. :)