Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Day of Swimming

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Once again we had the dogs out swimming. We are trying to teach Shamus water is his friend, but he is VERY suspicious of it.
He will go in until he feels himself get buoyant and then he backs up and heads back for land :D A little bit of a chicken but we're working with him.

To Retrieve Or Not To Retrieve,That IS The Question:

Look it's Shelby Hasselhoff!!

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 07:44 PM
This is as far as Shamus would go in:

Shelby demonstrating that not only Pointers can point:

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM
We'd throw a little stick, he'd bring us a bigger one. Maybe he's some sort of rare logger breed of dog? :D

Shelby has her eye on the target:

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 07:47 PM
A rare moment of stillness from Shelby:

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
They are the best of friends:

Shelby mid lunge:

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Shelby striking another pose:

A nice sunny (but brutally windy) day:

Hunter's_owner
May 7th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Great pics. I love the Shelby Hasselhoff one:laughing:

Rottielover
May 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
The head pics with both dogs are gorgeous

breeze
May 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with Rottielover the head shots are great :thumbs up beautiful

trippincherri
May 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys:)
I actually lucked out and got some decent shots yesterday, the other day we went out I took about 160 shots of pure garbage.
They were all blurry and I didn't realise till we got home that I had it set totally wrong for the light conditions :rolleyes:
They looked good on my cameras screen :D till I got home and put them on the puter.
Ah well it was one of my rare blonde moments I guess. ;)

Frenchy
May 7th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I love all the pics , they're great ! (specially the pointer one :D ) that is a beautiful place. But the water looked pretty cold :eek:

Crestedcrazy
May 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
wow, many very nice shots there :thumbs up the farther down the thread the harder it was getting to pic a fav or even 2 out of the bunch!

I do really like the "Best Friends" one though, a very nice shot, great clarity and composition and of course the subjects are both gorgeous!

trippincherri
May 7th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much! I am by no means a great photographer, but I like to pretend I have my moments of greatness :D

And Frenchy the water was cold, that is actually overflow from the river that is flooding up here. We have had so much rain that there are flood warnings all over near me.
This was the only sort of calm spot where Shelby could burn off some energy.

Here's a good shot of how high ONE of the rivers is, there is actually a camping area under all that water on the right hand side of the pic (I took this off the bridge)

And this whole area is not supposed to be under water, but the banks were low here and the water spilt over and is now creeping way back into the trees:

SableCollie
May 7th, 2007, 02:25 PM
They look like they are having so much fun! I wish my dog would swim, she only goes in as far as shamus does.

Prin
May 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I love these pics! It looks so fun. :cloud9: I love the best friends one and the one where Shelby's pointing and her fur is all spikey.:cloud9:

technodoll
May 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I love how shelby is sporting "feathers" :D :thumbs up and shamus is doing well, he may not trust that he can swim... have you tried a life-vest for him? that may give him the boost he needs to venture out far...

you ARE a great photographer, my dear! am truly enjoying your furkids more and more! :highfive: :lovestruck:

trippincherri
May 8th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Awww :o thanks TD.
Shelby looks like a big "sporting dog" when she's all wet, like she should be duck hunting or something, but nope she hunts sticks and orange hockey balls :laughing: She's a girly girl thats for sure.

And we actually did talk about getting Shamey a life vest, he'd probably like that. Usually in the summer we take Shelby to the lake and we go in the water with her so we were hoping Shamus would come in too, otherwise he either has to stay tied up on shore :sad: or one of us has to stay with him.

My bf jokes he's going to tie his leash to Shelby's collar and let her teach him to swim (don't worry we won't) :D

TeriM
May 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Awesome pics. I totally loved the Shelby Hasselhoff one :lovestruck: . Sometimes if you walk in deep into the water the doggies will swim to follow you. You might want to wait till it's a bit warmer though :D .

rainbow
May 10th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Great pics.....they looked like they had so much fun. :thumbs up

amsmom2njkz
May 10th, 2007, 03:53 AM
great pics. They look like they are havin so much fun.

trippincherri
May 10th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Well we were hoping that once Shamus sees us in the water having fun with Shelby then he would follow too, especially on a hot day who can resist cool water right??? Well a lot of dogs will....hopefully he won't.
Maybe we will entice him to love it eventually, so far just letting him enjoy it in his own time is working.....he gets a little deeper everytime. :D

Smiley14
May 10th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Wow, I can't believe how high the river is! Yikes! But the doggies seem to love it! :) LOVE Shelby Hasselhoff, LOL! Too cute! :)