May 6th, 2007, 01:23 AM
One of my favs for each of the 3

Noid:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/crestedcrazy/DSC04848.jpg

Niya:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/crestedcrazy/DSC02338.jpg

Ryder:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/crestedcrazy/DSC02544.jpg

I have many many more but don't want to overload you all so soon :)

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Very good photography!! And nice looking babies you got too, and don't worry about overloading us....no one will complain :D

Crestedcrazy
May 6th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Thanks :o I just discovered a passion for photoghraphy a couple years ago and my dogs are usually my subject, have literally thousands of pics! Got to love digital prcessing film would have me in the poor house :)

rainbow
May 6th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Great pics and excellent photography. :thumbs up

I love that photo of Noid.....he is soooo cute. :lovestruck: Niya is so regal looking :queen: ....I have never seen a long haired crested before and she is stunning. :lovestruck: And, Ryder is just downright handsome. :cloud9:

Crestedcrazy
May 6th, 2007, 01:57 AM
The coated variety of Cresteds are called powderpuff, I keep Niya shaved in whats called a pony cut, aka Crestie cut, aka lion cut which ever you prefer! I started doing that last summer at fisrt just for summer but we live on Vancouver Island so I left it all year round, however a move to Northern Alberta is in out future so I'm considering letting it grow out again but we'll see. Maybe I'll just buy lots more clothes :)

The pic here is Niya @ 5 months old just before I started clipping her
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/crestedcrazy/127546047_be40c6fd76.jpg

She is 1 1/2 years now

chico2
May 6th, 2007, 08:14 AM
They are beautiful:lovestruck:
Call me REALLY IGNORANT:laughing: I thought the Cresteds were born with a nekkid body:shrug:

Crestedcrazy
May 6th, 2007, 02:15 PM
They are beautiful:lovestruck:
Call me REALLY IGNORANT:laughing: I thought the Cresteds were born with a nekkid body:shrug:

Powderpuffs and hairless can be born in the same litter, the hairless gene is the dominant one though.

If you breed a HL (hairless) and a HL then you can get both varieties
If you breed a HL and a PP (powderpuff) then you can get both as well
BUT
If you breed a PP and another PP then all you get is PP

They really are a facinating breed in so many ways :)

rainbow
May 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I prefer the "pony cut" ....she looks much more regal that way. :cloud9: Northern Alberta - BRRRRRR ....would that be Fort McMurray by chance? :)

Crestedcrazy
May 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I prefer the "pony cut" ....she looks much more regal that way. :cloud9: Northern Alberta - BRRRRRR ....would that be Fort McMurray by chance? :)

I like the pony cut myself and it really is much easier grooming her than left long, she really is quite the little tom boy and loves to explore and get into everything!
Getting burs out of her is so hard!
Besides she isn't a show dog so I can do as I like :)

The move in our future is most likely to Cold Lake, hubby is navy right now but had put in for a trade transfer to the airforce!
After his trade training in Ontario this fall is completed then we will get our posting message and we are asking for Cold Lake!

Seems most everyone we know thinks were nuts but given all the choices this is best for us, besides my youngest lives in Didsbury so I'll be closer to him!

Prin
May 6th, 2007, 04:08 PM
What cuties you have! I love Niya's fur cut. :cloud9:

Do you have to bathe Noid more often than the others?

Stacer
May 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Niya's hairdo in that picture looks almost human, like Robert Plant:D
Cute dogs.

Crestedcrazy
May 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Do you have to bathe Noid more often than the others?

Noid and Niya both get bathed about every 7 to 10 days and touch up grooming then as well.

Noid does get wiped down daily, I have baby pop up cloths that I use and dip them in a witch hazel/Listerine (yes the mouthwash) mixture, half and half!
This helps cut down on pimples ect as hairless dogs can sometimes be prone to acne.

He is also moisturized daily or more depending on weather of course!
He had bad acne when I first got him and it has taken quite a while to figure out what worked what didn't and what food as well.
He has some food allergies wheat & corn that he seems to break out much more if he has that.

It was funny but I thought a hairless dog would be very low maintenance but turns out he's more than the other 2 :laughing:

Frenchy
May 6th, 2007, 05:40 PM
humm, you do know Ryder is not a Crested right ? :laughing: They all get along ? Must be high maintenance for the little ones, their skin must be sensible to cold and the sun ?

Crestedcrazy
May 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Maintenance actually isn't really that bad, a few minutes or so a day basically!

The hairless are sensitive to cold and heat Noids skin is darker and we don't really use suntan lotion unless we are going to out for long periods of time but some lighter colour cresties like the pink or white ones do need it more often.

Noid and Niya do have quite the clothing collection, Niya mostly just little tee's or light jackets to keep the chill off but Noid does need more protection in winter so I have snowsuits, heavy coats, shoes, sweatshirts ect but he loves it outside in winter and romps in the snow with the best of them!

Here' his snow suit I had a lady make for him, has attached feet too since his feet are so small most shoes fly right off!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/crestedcrazy/69192371_6a9605a513.jpg

As far as Ryder is concerned though he definately knows he is not a crestie but is a very good crestie protector :)

Prin
May 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM
That's cool.:) It doesn't sound too bad. Not like q-tipping the wrinkles on a bulldog or something...:D

Frenchy
May 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
That's too cute ! :p I wonder if they make those for great danes ? :D she gets cold too :shrug:

Lukka'sma
May 6th, 2007, 07:26 PM
OMG Noid is soooo cute. I just love those pictures

angeldogs
May 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Noid is a cutie.you have a beautiful fur family.
i like the one of Ryder.just the way he is posing.he looks regal and he knows he looks good.really nice pictures also.

Hunter's_owner
May 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Beautiful pictures!!!
I love them all:cloud9:
Noid is sooo cute, Niya so regal looking and Ryder:cloud9: that is a beautiful shot:thumbs up

Shamrock
May 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
These are just fantastic pics.:lovestruck:
What a truly lovely fur-family you have,:cloud9: they are all so beautiful. Your photography is exceptional too, very impressive.:highfive:

Thanks for sharing these.. I know very little about the Cresteds.. learned some interesting things too.:)

SableCollie
May 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Oh my goodness, that snowsuit! So adorable! :lovestruck:

Does Noid have to have sunscreen put on in the summer?

I also like Niya with the hair on her body kept short.

And Ryder, I love him too! :cloud9:

Crestedcrazy
May 9th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Noid doesn't need sunscreen much really unless we'll be out for extended periods of time but he starts tanning in about march and by the time it really heats up he is in his full summer colours!