Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spiderman 3

jesse's mommy
May 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Don't bother spending your money to go see this piece of crap. It's horrible. There's two hours of my life that I'll never get back. :frustrated:

angeldogs
May 6th, 2007, 12:19 PM
It's that bad.my son is into spiderman and wants to see it.i'll wait till it comes on the movie chanel

trippincherri
May 6th, 2007, 01:01 PM
My hopes were high for this one too :sad:
Ah well maybe I'll like it .....I seem to have the opposite tastes of everyone on here lol.:D

jesse's mommy
May 6th, 2007, 06:40 PM
It's just horrible. It has no "flow" to it. None of the underlying plots tie in to each other. There are too many "villains" in the movie that pretty much just show up out of no where, which makes it very hard to follow.

Here is a small spoiler that kind of ties in to the commercials, well you know spiderman ends up with a black suit at one point (yes the villain venom is different than spiderman). Anyway, the black suit is this stuff from an asteroid or something that oozes onto people (kind of like the black ooze from X Files). Anyway, it takes the personality of the person and basically magnifies it. So, as Peter Parker is enjoying being Spiderman and enjoys people loving him, it basically turns him into the Mask character Jim Carrey plays. He starts dancing and showing off and everything. I was waiting for him to yell into the camera "It's Showtime".

It was just horrible. I can't give you enough advice to wait for video and not spend your money on this. Please take the money and treat yourself to a nice dinner instead of this.

Schwinn
May 7th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I have a feeling that this will be one of those movies that the pre-movie fans will enjoy more. So far, the movies have been pretty loyal to the actual stories (except for the web being part of him, and in the original story, the way he found out about his powers was he jumped out of the way of a truck that almost hit him, and he stuck to a wall). Venom is the same thing. There's been a few movies that when translated to the screen have seemed awful, but the fans enjoyed because they know the background story. Battlefield Earth, for one. Everyone I know who read the comic loved the movie. Both of them. I think that's why it did so poorly.

The other problem I find with movies about established superheroes is they try to get all the plot elements in for the true fans, but to do it properly would take 10 movies, so they try and jam as much as they can into each installment. When I saw the previews for this one, I counted at least 3 sub-plots (Harry's vengence, Venom and Sandman). I was wondering if that was going to cause issues. I love Spiderman, hopefully this won't ruin it for me.

marko
June 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I must agree with all of you.

This movie sucked - It was so syruppy sweet and cheesy that I dare say...:yuck: ( :footinmouth: I won't even say it - it's gross)

I give this movie a 2/10 only because I did like a few scenes of spiderman flying through the air - otherwise it would have gotten a zero.