Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trivial Poll of the Weekend! Dryer or Clothesline!

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I was just wondering what people do when the sun comes out and summer is near...

Do you dry your clothes in the dryer still or hang them out on the line?

Poll coming

jiorji
May 4th, 2007, 11:23 PM
dryer because that's the ONLY way i can get the cat hair off

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Dang it! I forgot about the pet fur. :laughing:

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I replied clothesline but it's more of an indoor rack. I can't hang my clothes outside here, when the fields are dry, it gets too dirty/dusty.

Lukka'sma
May 4th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Gotta be the dryer. I don't like the stiffness of towels hung out on the line.

gomez
May 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM
What about "hang on, let me ask my husband?" !!

Just kidding, the dryer for getting rid of the fur... but mostly just a quick 5-10 mins and then put on hangers to finish drying (inside) for clothing - this means no ironing!!

rainbow
May 5th, 2007, 12:00 AM
BOTH......there is absolutely nothing better than getting into bed with sheets that have been dried outdoors on the clothesline. :cloud9: Some clothers go in the dryer cuz of the furries but stuff like jeans go on the line cuz the furries don't stick. :D The towels I put in the dryer cuz I wash my undies with them and don't want to hand them on the line. :o

Stacer
May 5th, 2007, 12:10 AM
i voted both, for environmental reasons, definitely the clothesline, but I do hate the stiffness and scratchiness of line dried clothes, so for certain items like undies and towels that are right on the skin, I prefer fluffy goodness.

Shamrock
May 5th, 2007, 01:55 AM
I voted dryer, dont have a clothes line:shrug:
Many things "do" need the dryer, I'd use this mostly anyway.
I agree with Rainbow about the bed-sheets, though. There is nothing nicer than the crisp freshness of bedding dryed in warm sun and a strong breeze.:cloud9: I miss that. Kind of evokes a comfort/nostalgia thing from childhood too. No idea if there were dryers way back then :D but if so.. we sure didnt have one. Towels like sandpaper, but they sure smelled nice.

However, when my own kids were born and tons of laundry to do..I was very grateful for the dryer convenience and the fluffy softness.

angeldogs
May 5th, 2007, 01:57 AM
We don't have a clothes line.but i like both

Skryker
May 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I had to be the difficult one :rolleyes: . I use the dryer only but not by choice. I had a clothsline outside as well as one of those spinning rack thingies but both are gone now.

I'd prefer line dried clothes but not here! There is a horrible dusty stuff that settles on everything and the smell is not so great. :o Better now that Domtar has shut down but still not what I'd call outdoor fresh.

If we lived out in the country I'd line dry everything except undies (Just can't imagine having them on display like that :eek: ). Maybe softness depends on your water? I remember everything being dried outside on my Grandparents farm and the sheets and towels were soft and fluffy. The only things that were kinda stiff were socks. :shrug:

Hunter's_owner
May 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I like both. Some things I can put in the line like bed sheets, but towels I would rather in the dryer. Sometimes what I do is put the towels on the line, and after they are dry put them in the dryer for a quick fluff. But I only like the clothesline when it isn't cold outside. So it is often late June before I will bother to hang anything. I hate putting clothes out or taking clothes in when my fingers get cold:o

technodoll
May 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM
i voted "my choice isn't here", I don't have access to an outdoors clothesline (city girl, remember? LOL) so I use a dryer, but that's not because I have allergies or hate the clothesline crispiness of dried socks, LOL! :D

So if I DID have a choice, the bedsheets and shirts would definitely be hung outside, but the towels, socks, underwear and pants be in the dryer. Who wants to see other people's undies blowing in the wind? :eek: :yuck:

Prin
May 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
hehe, who picked the one where you buy new clothes when these get dirty? :laughing:

rainbow
May 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
WOW....it must be nice. :eek: .....probably a guy. :laughing:

Maya
May 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I don't think its legal to hang clothes on a line here. I think its okay in some of the neighborhoods though. I put some stuff in the wash and then hang it around the apartment to save money, also put some stuff in the dryer that has to get lint type stuff off.

I knew a girl that bought lots of cheap crappy clothes and wore them only once or twice. I don't think much ever made it to the washer and dryer.

:p Its funny when I do see clothes up on a line seems like there is always that token giant beige polyester undies and bra.:yuck: At least hang the nice ones if you're gonna do it.

trippincherri
May 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I picked Both.
Right now I live in town and we are not really supposed to have clotheslines, but I know if I lived in the country I would definitley use one for sheets,dog beds, my bf's coveralls and work clothes.
Not because I love the starchy gross stiff feeling air dried clothes have ;) but because it would be a bit cheaper in the long run.

chico2
May 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Maya some fancy places it is illegal,especially here in Oakville.
But I live in an old neighborhood,I LOVE hanging sheets,towels everything outside,love the smell of freshness,something no fabric-softener can give.
I have one of those umbrella-looking thingys.
Jeans,T-Shirts etc..,I hang outside and throw them in the drier for a bit,just to get out wrinkles and kitty-hair...HATE to iron anything:laughing:

Byrd
May 5th, 2007, 05:29 PM
How about 'I live in an apartment so don't have access to a clothesline'.

I picked allergies, because even if I did have one, I do have environmental allergies as well.

Maya
May 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yes I think it is illegal here too in the city. Some areas you are not even allowed to park a working vehicle, like vans/cars with a company logo on them. I usually get around the ironing by smoothing stuff out when its wet, i don't know what ever became of my iron. If something comes out of the dryer too wrinkled i just re-wet it and hang it, such a pain.:rolleyes: I always liked those umbrella things when I was a kid, they looked kind of fun like giant bird perches that rotate.:p

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
My choice wasn't up there...

The Pack considers things hanging on the line to be an entertaining Challenge. Hence, we use the dryer! :laughing:

Gordon
May 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I like to hang clothes outside only when it is windy so the clothes will dry faster and will not have time to get stiff. Also when I hang clothes out side I can fold them as I take them off the line.
I like to use the dryer for jeans and other clothes that would other wise have to be ironed if hung on the clothes line. :thumbs up

clm
May 6th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Too many birds around here to make hanging washing outside practical :laughing:

Cindy

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 6th, 2007, 06:54 PM
both, workout gear gets hung up, older stuff just goes in the dryer.

hey I havent been here in while. :o