Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

If you had any choice....

luckypenny
May 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
....what quality kibble would you feed your dogs? This doesn't include home-cooked or raw. I mean if the cost of any kibble did not hold you back, which ones would you choose to feed? Just curious.

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Probably Timberwolf Organics would be a more reasonable option if money was no object.. :D IF they ever got their customer service sorted out and IF their tests are clear of melamine...

Or what I do feed... which is Evo RM + Canidae L&R for Boo and Canidae L&R + Barking at the Moon for Jemma...

JanM
May 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
It isn't quite "kibble" but if money was not a factor, I would feed NRG. It's made here in BC and has no additives in it.

luckypenny
May 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Why Timberwolf Organics? And why did you choose EvoRM and Barking at the Moon?

luckypenny
May 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
:o I should have asked "...and why?" in the first post. So JanM, why NRG?

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I would probably go with Fromm, because they have lots of variety for dogs with allergies.

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well, why evo RM and Barking at the moon... Boo can't have chicken or other poultry and I don't want him to have any wheat or corn, and Evo is all he digests in that category. Jemma can't have any grains, but she just does better on fishy foods, so BATM was the only choice for her...

When Orijen's fishy food comes out, for sure I'll give it a go. It looks better than all of them.:)

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I would probably go with Fromm, because they have lots of variety for dogs with allergies.

Yeah, they seem to, but they're not really geared for allergy dogs. Their "alternate protein" foods still always have chicken cartilage in them, and they all usually have barley too, which is a major culprit.:shrug: They're just not allergy-friendly, IMO.

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 09:37 PM
They don't sell it near here anyway.... and :offtopic: but I'm trying something new with Nelly and might get the boys on it too. Purina Limited Edition go go go ! (just kidding about the purina :p )

luckypenny
May 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Purina Limited Edition go go go ! (just kidding about the purina :p )
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Goldens4Ever
May 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
1st CHOICE: The Honest Kitchen
2nd CHOICE: Orijen
3rd CHOICE: BRAVO! Raw
4th CHOICE: Timberwolf Organics
5th CHOICE: Innova EVO

We currently use Timberwolf Organics & are very happy. We've been using that line for about 1 year now. I am even more pleased with it because of their improved packaging (HEAVY DUTY foil bags with vacuume sealing).

sissani
May 4th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I would feed Origen, but its because they dont sell anywhere near me that I dont get it. I could order it, but I like just running out to the store and being able to get doggie food last minute when Woops! I didnt notice we were running so low! lol Happens too often.. :o

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM
There's another one similar to honest kitchen but it's way better... Dang... I don't remember what it was, but it has none of the usual gluteny grains in it...

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 10:19 PM
:offtopic: So what's up with Origen ? Never heard about it before and suddenly everyone is talking about it. I just got an e-mail from a friend saying how great it is. :confused:

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
It's a canadian grain free food. It's great.:) I can't use it though because it's chickeny.:o

Here: http://www.championpetfoods.com/

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
It's a canadian grain free food. It's great.:) I can't use it though because it's chickeny.:o

Here: http://www.championpetfoods.com/

Bailey can't have any chickeny either.

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM
But this summer they're going to release a fishy one. :thumbs up

rainbow
May 4th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Orijen 6 Fish is supposed to be available approx. June 15/07. I'm still trying to get the original here. There seems to be a distributoe problem. :frustrated:

clm
May 4th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I've only had little Baxter for a week but he's on Orijen now, no problems changing him over, and he really likes it. He got so he'd pick the orijen out of his dish and leave the Iams, so I didn't see any point in mixing it anymore. :laughing:

Cindy

rainbow
May 4th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Right now I'm feeding 1/2 Innova regular and 1/2 Go Natural Grain Free. I have sent Natura (Innova) my email twice now and haven't got an answer yet :frustrated: so that may change as to me customer service means alot. :o

rainbow
May 4th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Timberwolf Organics is manufacured at Chenago Valley Pet Foods and right now there is a concern about cross contamination there. :eek:

angeldogs
May 5th, 2007, 12:33 AM
1.innova,jag did good on it.

2.canadie.sheba does good on it.

3.orijen.thats mixed with the canadie.she's a picky eater.