Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wish us luck!

KimandAutumn
May 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM
It's been awhile since I've posted on here! We have an application in to rescue this sweet old girl. :lovestruck:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/kdanielsson/Blaze.jpg

She's 12 years old and had a bit of a rough time of it. Her fireman master passed away when she was 9 then she spent the last 3 years living with family and has recently lost them as well.

We are in the final stages of our application. She has her vet visit today and we have tentative plans to drive (with Autumn, of course) to go meet on Sunday. If all goes well, we could be coming home with her that day.

We are so excited to meet her, and hope everyone gets along.

jessi76
May 4th, 2007, 12:09 PM
oh my gosh, that face! :love:

sounds like she has had it rough, losing 2 families, but she's also one lucky ol' gal that someone like you found her and wants to take her home.

good luck!!!! hope it goes well and she's your's forever!

SableCollie
May 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Good Luck! :fingerscr

She looks very sweet! :)

LynLyn
May 4th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Aww good luck! She's so beautiful and looks so sweet. I hope everything goes well she gets to go home to her new forever home.

clm
May 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM
She's so pretty. Fingers crossed that she's home with you soon.:fingerscr

Cindy

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Aww, good luck! Kudos to you for getting an older baby. :highfive: :grouphug: :fingerscr

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 10:42 PM
omg she's so cute ! Look how she stands (she looks very confident) so great of you :angel: to adopt an oldie ! :thumbs up Can't wait to have updates!

KimandAutumn
May 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
yay, we just got the news. We've been approved!!! We are soo excited.

Her vet visit went well, bloodwork all normal, one bad tooth which they extracted and she's on antibiotics for a few days. Her urine is dilute but bloodwork and urine workup didn't reveal anything. Vet felt her water intake was due to the infected tooth and she will need to be recheck in about 2-3 weeks.

So we have plans to meet up Sunday around lunchtime and see how things go and hopefully she'll be coming home with us. :cloud9:

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 10:48 PM
We've been approved!!! We are soo excited.

:crazy: woohoo ! Congratulation ! This is going to be a long week end for you, this girl is sooo lucky !

rainbow
May 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Congratulations !!! She is gorgeous and doesn't look anywhere near twelve. :lovestruck:

angeldogs
May 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Congrats.she's a pretty girl.and kudos for trying to adopt an older dog.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2007, 12:32 AM
She's beautiful--and so lucky to have you to come home with :cloud9:

Congrats! I hope all goes well on Sunday! :highfive:

rainbow
May 5th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Don't forget we want more pics when she comes home. :cloud9: :D

KimandAutumn
May 6th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Say hello to Blaze everybody. She is an absolute doll. Handled Autumn and the 4 hour car ride like a trouper.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/kdanielsson/Hello.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/kdanielsson/Gettingcomfy.jpg

Prin
May 6th, 2007, 09:40 PM
She's so beautiful! Autumn too! :) Congrats again! :highfive: :grouphug:

joeysmama
May 7th, 2007, 08:47 AM
That pic of Blaze and Autumn together just has "Happy ending" written all over it !:goodvibes:

marsupial mama
May 7th, 2007, 10:37 AM
she looks like she settled in just fine. :cloud9: Lovely looking dogs (says the non-dog-person LOL). Congratulations. :)

Frenchy
May 7th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I'm so happy for you (and for her ! ) And she's already comfy on the couch !!! :cloud9: Now you will have to post more pics of the girls :lovestruck: