Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

View from a Tree Stand (a little graphic)

i_have_too_many
May 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Could you imagine sitting in your tree stand waiting to hunt and see this happen right below you? I would be scared to death :eek:

(4 pictures, 2 seperate posts)

i_have_too_many
May 4th, 2007, 10:21 AM
the continuation of the last post...

Maya
May 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I've never seen anything like that. Very scary.

trippincherri
May 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
My whole family hunts, and I think other then bears climbing up to them in the tree, nothing that amazing has happened.
The moose was probably sick and the wolves decided to take it down since it was an easy target,very common up here where I live.
Mother Natures tough,it's survival of the fittest.

Still I wouldn't know what to do if I was the one in that tree stand. :eek:

SableCollie
May 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I would be soooo excited to see wolves in the wild! Maybe I'm just weird, but...that would be an amazing experience!

Kristin7
May 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
How cool!!!! I'm with you SableCollie.

On the downside, one would have to wait awhile to get out of the tree. Still, for me it would be the experience of a lifetime. I saw a wolf once, but it was not pulling down a moose. Still, it was very cool, just hanging out by the road, staring at us in our car for awhile. I was only ~6 years old, but i'll never forget that wolf, especially it's beautiful wild eyes.

Lukka'sma
May 4th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Oh, I didn't really need to see that. When you said graphic I thought maybe a bit on the naughty side, but:eek: . I can't stand to watch anything be frightened and hunted. Imagine the poor moose. Not upset at you for posting this just with myself for being dumb enough to view it

Ford Girl
May 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM
The moose in these pics would have had to be sick or already dying, they are very intimidating and can defend themselves if needed, they are aggressive if they need to be. Or, the wolves would have to be starving!!!

I grew up in Northern Ontario and I am part native. If you haven't been to that part of ON, it's absolutly beautiful!!! Wild life, snow, water, tress, amazing! My family hunts all the time, bears, moose, deer, rabbit, you name it, we eat it all and my gram makes stuff with the hide and pelts. I've seen wolves in the wild, they are amazingly breath taking, I have an uncle that was surreounded by them once when he was on his trap line, he was scared!!!

Once I was ski-dooing and we came across 5 moose on the road, they were just standing there, so we stopped to look at them and eventually had to rev our engines to get past them (we were going ice fishing) they all took off running in different directions, and when they hit the sholder of the road they tumbled head over hooves in the powdered snow, snow flying, long moose legs in the air, it was amazing!!!

chico2
May 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Lukkas mom,I am the same,maybe it's my age,but I cannot watch any documentary where one animal is beeing slowly killed by another,the screams,the panic in their eyes etc...
The same feeling I have when a Hawk comes in my yard and takes a bird,but it really is,the way nature works...I just don't want to watch it.
Nothing against you Ford Girl:)

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Crazy pics.:eek: