Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buster - Lost Cat in Brantford ON

BusterWrRU
May 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Hi there - just came across this site. I've lost my dear Buster. He's a 6 year old male neutered tabby - black/brown with white on his face, neck, chest, belly and paws. He is a sweet adorable affectionate boy! I miss him so much! He is an indoor/outdoor cat. He went out Thursday evening (April 19th) and hasn't returned - very unusual for him.

He had a black collar with a bell on it up until 5 days before he went missing... he managed to get out of it (again!).

I've put up posters (which keep getting ripped down by local kids) and checked repeatedly with the Brant County SPCA. So far no luck.

To make matters worse, we've recently had to rebuild our hard drive at home because of a virus.. and I've lost all my pictures of him! :sad: Lesson to me to burn my pics to a cd.

2 days after he went missing I came across a dead animal in the road - not all that close to our house... but not totally out of the realm of possibility. I could not tell what it was as it was flattened beyond recognition... but it did have all of his colouring. :sad: My husband went to look at it and thought that it had been a cat, but the striped pattern wasn't quite right... and perhaps the remaining limb was too small and not quite the right colour. However we couldn't rule out 100% that it wasn't our Buster. After several days of him missing, I asked my husband to retrieve the animal and we have since buried it in our backyard. I truly hope that it isn't our Buster... but the longer he goes missing, the more it looks like it may have been.

I'm devastated. He was my little cuddly guy.

Please, anyone in the Brantford area (Wood St between North Park and West St.), please keep your eyes out for my Buster.

chico2
May 3rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Aww I am sooo sorry and I hope the dead kitty was not Buster,but at least this kitty got off the road and a decent burial,give hubby a hug!!
If Buster is an indoor/outdoor cat,he would probably find his way home,right?
So do not give up hope,he might just surprise you on your doorstep one day.:pray:

Carlyg
May 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
awwwwww that's so sad. I, as well, hope it was not Buster.
That's really horrible that the local kids keep ripping down your poster.
My moms friend lost her cat, and she put up posters in local public schools..like, right inside the school. One of the kids found him under their deck a few blocks away.

..maybe you should try putting the posters up inside a school..maybe ask if they can announce something over the announements. Also, put the posters up INSIDE other places like coffe shops..for some reason, people REALLY read stuff at cofee shops. I was advised to do that..and all of a sudden people keep saying "I heard about your dog..i Read the poster in Starbucks etc).

I hope you find him:fingerscr

(If you ask me, I don' think the cat was Buster. I don't think he has been gone enough for the thing on the road to be that unrecognizable. That was probably there a lot longer)

clm
May 4th, 2007, 05:56 AM
I hope the dead cat wasn't your Buster. Has he been neutured?...If he hasn't, he might have just found a girlfriend, they can disappear for days if they're mating.
Every time my indoor/outdoor cat disappears for a day or two I get frantic. I'm always worried about him getting hit by a car or something. I can never make him an indoor cat and I know it, but my 3 girls are stricktly indoors and always will be. At least I don't have to worry about them disappearing.

Cindy

BusterWrRU
May 4th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for your kind words of concern. I'm trying to keep optimistic:pray:

Buster is neutered... do they still look for girlfriends when they are neutered??

My neighbours cat was hit by a car right in front of me last night.:eek: It was a horrifying thing to see! Poor thing... she died fairly quickly though... I guess that's a good thing.:sad:

Is it wrong that I'm jealous that my neighbour at least knows what happened to her cat??

badger
May 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Neutered males will wander but not as much as when they're driven by their hormones.
Hold fast. When a pet goes missing, every feeling is legitimate, as far as I'm concerned. Too bad you had to witness your neighbour's cat coming to an untimely end. I would be a wreck!
But it wasn't your cat so there's still hope.

Carlyg
May 24th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Any news on Buster??

lynxie
February 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM
If you have facebook, their is a group called, BF-Perfect Pet's/ Stray Cat's. She feeds and looks after feral cats in brantford area. Good Luck, Joanne