Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Eragon

trippincherri
May 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
So the other night a friend brought this movie over "Eragon", and I thought
" great a kiddy movie" but I was so wrong.

I actually loved this movie, I like the whole dragons and riders idea very magical, and nothing like a good sword fight to keep you interested.
I liked the graphics, the plot, the characters EVERYTHING about it.

Great family flick because there is something for everyone to fall in love with in this one!!

technodoll
May 3rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
OMG... :sorry: (rant coming, LOL!)

After 20 excruciating moments of sitting through this piece of cinematic trash, i had to beg hubby to switch it off before my brain exploded from the sheer idiocy and hollywood puppeteering "we can throw any 2-yr old verbal diarrhea and regurgitated monkey scripts at you cuz we know you're morons anyways" - :yell: :yell:

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a nuclear bomb which is, well, MINUS 10! I'd rather watch paint drying on the walls than be submitted to watching crap like that.

i'll never get that 20 minutes of my life back :sad:

trippincherri
May 3rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
Lol TD was it THAT bad?
I thought it was a good movie, and I am generally very fussy about movies.

It was a far fetched-dragon riding-bad guy slaying good time.

****hmmm maybe we were drinking that night? Lol but I don't think so.

technodoll
May 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
hehe maybe i should have cracked open the bourbon :D

i guess all movies are a "mood" thing, too - under different circumstances and frame of mind maybe i wouldn't have minded it so much, eh? :p

by all means it,s not a BAD movie!! it was just my opinion... i read too much mrcranky.com :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
May 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
I find it very interesting how 2 people can have such different opinions. :) I haven't watched it yet, I am not sure if I will, but my man probably will. I will see which side he fits on when he watched it:laughing:

Ford Girl
May 4th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I liked it alot, but I like all midevil/dark times/majical movies, even my husband liked it and he can't stand movies like that. :thumbs up

allygirl
July 22nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
We saw it and we both liked it. Waiting for the second one to come out.

want4rain
July 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
movie was great but the books were a 100 times better. :)

-ashley

dtbmnec
July 23rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
I hated the movie....it butchered the book....I have no idea HOW they're going to attempt a second movie that even remotely follows Eldest (the second book)....

The only thing that I really did like about the movie though (and this was because it was a movie and couldn't really be read off the book) was the scene with Galbatorix in it. They did that part well; a glimpse into what he was thinking and doing even if it wasn't in the book.

Gah everything else though...just crap...sorry but crap...

I will give them that the CGI was amazing even if the dragon looked NOTHING like what the book describes her as. Bah

Megan