Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wondering what my dog is....

Thinkey
May 3rd, 2007, 06:39 AM
About a month ago I decided I wanted a puppy. A friend of mine had a dog that I just loved, and when I found out its mom was having puppies, I couldnt pass the opportunity up.

Here is Dakota:

http://www.lonegungal.com/dakota.jpg

She has even won the hearts of my parents and everyone who meets her. I know she is not a breed - more of a mutt than anything I would assume since the father was a mutt, but the owners of the mom claim their is a "House Terrier" she has long fur about prob 2 1/2 inches long all over, black and brown, like my dog. My dog here is about 6 weeks old (she is probably 9 or 10 weeks now, same look tho). Dakota dosent have long fur yet - but it seems like she has a soft coat below what is now appearing to be a coarse longer coat above - hard to tell if that's going to grow any longer as of yet, time will tell.

She is very smart - I've taught her to fetch since about 6 weeks, even has the habit of picking up her toys now. When we leave the house, she knows, and will try to chew our feet off to get us to stay. She absolutely loves attention, and if you were to sit there with her 24/7 i think she would play for 24/7.

I am just wondering tho, what does she look like to you folks? I have found a picture of Boarder Terriers and she can be a dead ringer for these

http://www.borderterriers.biz/pics/home/puppies.jpg

The third one on the right especially.

Any ideas appreciated as to what a "House Terrier" may be, and any ideas of what i should look for in regards to her having a long coat in the future.

Holly

angeldogs
May 3rd, 2007, 06:53 AM
I think she does but darker.could be to early to tell.
She is a cutie with a sweet face.:lovestruck: welcome to the forum

Skryker
May 3rd, 2007, 10:52 AM
My usual guess for mixed breed puppies-100% cutie! :laughing: She is a real sweetheart. It's really hard to tell when they are so small. I love her brindle colour and her little face mask. :cloud9:

jester62391
May 3rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
im not really sure what kind of dog you have (besides a cute one),
but i looked up house terrier on the internet and i found many hits, none of them look like your dog.

id say that its not a house terrier,
sry i cant help more

LynLyn
May 4th, 2007, 03:17 AM
I'd have to say 50% adorable 50% sweetness and 100% all yours. She's soo cute, you guys are very lucky to find eachother.