Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

MORE recalls: Go! Natural (USA only), Performatrin Ultra, etc!!

technodoll
May 2nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
NEWS: Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to Cross-Contamination!

Our recall list is now up-to-date to include this expansion. Menu Foods is only 1 of several manufacturers, so please check our list for the all recalled brands.

UPDATE: The expansion expands again. Menu Foods’ own press releases do NOT match up with their recall expansion list. Pet Food Tracker and PetSitUSA have worked the last several hours checking the lists and added several more brands to the recall expansion. Our recall list is now updated. Again.

ORIGINAL POST: This recall expansion covers dozens of new brands and foods — wet foods only — citing cross-contamination (corrected). This announcement comes more than a month and a half after the initial recall. The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Latest from Menu Foods

US List
Canadian List
Menu Foods says:

Menu Foods has previously recalled wet cat and dog food produced with adulterated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc. Menu Foods is now expanding the recall to include cuts and gravy and select other products which do not include ChemNutra wheat gluten but which were manufactured at any of Menu Foods’ plants during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was used at that plant, to the extent they have not already been subject to a recall, due to the possibility of cross-contamination. Menu Foods has received a report from a customer and has received study results, both of which indicate cross-contamination.

See link below for complet list of NEW recalls. Too much to post.

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dramatically-due-to-cross-contamination_20070502

Prin
May 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah.... *sigh*

rainbow
May 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
This is so sad.....when is it going to end? :sad: :frustrated:

gomez
May 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
"This recall expansion covers dozens of new brands and foods — wet foods only — citing cross-contamination (corrected). This announcement comes more than a month and a half after the initial recall. The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe."

Anyone know what the European varieties are?? -

jessick
May 3rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
How much would your dog (or cat) have to eat of a product for them to get sick. Probably from December 06 - Feb.07 I gave my dog 2 - 3 cans over a period of 6 weeks of Performatrim which I see is now on the recall list. I am not 'really' worried, just more curious.
Thanks in advance

Skryker
May 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
I think, jessick, that it would take everyday feeding over a period of time to have large effects, but the thought of any contaminant is scary. :sad: I tried the Performatrin Ultra canned stuff when Dancer was being so finicky. Bless her, she ate one mouthful and refused the rest! (Never thought I would be glad of her pickiness!).

So, so sad. :sad:

jessick
May 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Thank you for your quick reply skryker. That is was I thought, or hoped, but wanted to hear what you guys thought as my blood ran cold when I read the update!

Skryker
May 3rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Mine, too. I was so worried when trying to find a new food that my cat would eat, I was afraid I'd pick one that would end up being contaminated. Thank goodness she wouldn't eat it.

ETA-I just double checked the list and the food I got for Dancer is NOT on the list-it's a different variety. That's a relief but I still feel like the one I did give her might end up on the list anyways. Still, a mouthful shouldn't make her sick.

:yell: :yell: This is so frustrating! :yell: :yell:

gypsy_girl
May 3rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
I just checked with Go, and they are NOT on the list, and have been removed from the Menu recall list

technodoll
May 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
I still see the Go!Natural on the recall list but ONLY for usa-manufactured product...

gypsy_girl
May 3rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
Which list is that? I specifically asked about ANY product???? I just checked the Menu List and it is not on there.

technodoll
May 3rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dramatically-due-to-cross-contamination_20070502

hah - Go!Natural was there yesterday, and now it's gone - THE LIST CHANGES EVERY DAY!!:yell: how the HECK is anyone supposed to keep track, or believe what is published??? :confused:

rainbow
May 3rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Maybe they're just trying to keep us confused. :frustrated: :sad: :mad:

Stacer
May 3rd, 2007, 03:17 PM
I've been feeding my cats the Performatrin Ultra for months now, and of the cans that I have left 1 of them falls within that date range for cross contamination, how many others did?. I think I'll have to just stick with dry kibble until this mess isorted out, I can't risk it.

Skryker
May 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Stacer! Is it the chicken stew flavour? (I know it kind of doesn't matter, but if you don't use that flavour maybe you'll feel better?)

chico2
May 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
In trying to get my cats off Fancy Feast,I got a few cans of Performatrim Ultra,after trying everything else in the stores,luckily my cats would not touch it.
I wonder if Pet-Value has removed the cans off the shelves,will check tomorrow..

Stacer
May 3rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I'm using the Chicken Stew flavour. So far they seem fine, but I'll be keeping a close eye on them.

Shamrock
May 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
oh,Stacer.. what a worry for you.:grouphug:
:fingerscr Hopefully all will be fine:fingerscr for your babies. They seem to have had no adverse affects.

WHEN does this end???:sick: :sad: :frustrated:

Stacer
May 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
What truly sucks is that they love that stuff. After months of trying to find a canned food that they both like, the Performatrin Ultra was a true winner. They both scarfed it down, and my girly kitty would actually let me know when it was supper time, which she never did before. I'm so sad that this food is on the list, but more sad that my babies have been eating it for these past months.

rainbow
May 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Stacer, I am so sorry. :grouphug: Even though they seem fine I would still get their kidneys checked by your vet just to be on the safe side.

Stacer
May 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I probably should.:sad:

rainbow
May 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Stacer, since they seem fine, if there is any damage you will have caught it in time. :grouphug:

Prin
May 3rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
:grouphug: Aw, Stacer! I hope your kitties are ok.:sad: :grouphug: