Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Menu Foods recalls more foods due to cross contanimation

goldengal
May 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Please go to Itchmo.com as the list is too long to post.

RUSTYcat
May 3rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
I am beside myself because of the lack of coverage of this information, the TOTAL IGNORANCE AND LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE SIGNIFICANCE of today's announcement....and therefore the fact that MOST CANADIANS DON'T REALIZE THEY MAY BE FEEDING THEIR PETS POISONED FOOD - - - THIS MINUTE.

The first recall occurred over six weeks ago...this received reasonable coverage, and so, the average person probably heard something about it. Since then, there has been only muted coverage...and meanwhile, millions of people have been buying up and feeding this contaminated $hit!!!!!!!!

With no mention of this specific conclusion in the news today.....most people, who have a zillion other more pressing issues to deal with, may not take the time to intuit this deduction...

SO, MORE POISONED PETS.

I'm not ready to scream...I'M SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbow
May 3rd, 2007, 02:32 PM
I hear ya RUSTYcat. :frustrated: It makes one feel like they are trying to cover something up. :mad:

goldengal
May 3rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Actually, McLeans Magazine has an article "The Great Pet Food Scandal, and then from it I found links to some great info:

http://www.macleans.ca/business/companies/article.jsp?content=20070430_104326_104326

rainbow
May 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
I don't have time to read all the article right now but will check it out later. I just wish they'd keep doing news updates on television more often as more people would stay informed.

krdahmer
May 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
All I can say is thank God for this internet and sites like this. So many people, so un and mis informed (myself included), are learning so much so fast. All I can do is pray that my babies remain healthy and that those that are not recover, and those owners who lost pets heal. And most of all that this government will change that hands off policy and answer our cries for strict regulation. This is nothing to brush aside any longer, we consumers have to find ways to stand up for ourselves. Boycotts, protests and petitions, whatever it takes!!!!
For too long folks in power (that Bryant guy comes to mind and the whole pit bull fiasco) have poo pooed pet lovers as kooks and pshawed the fact that we think of our pets as our kids and family!! Well we do, and they are, and we can't let this happen again (still can't believe this has been happening since the 70's!!!)!
It's just unfathomable that with all our advances and technologies that our basic needs like the food we buy are still unsafe/ unregulated... :sad: :frustrated:

OK I'm done now...:yell: 'cept for that.

krdahmer
May 4th, 2007, 02:55 PM
And seriously...the guy says back to business as usual...

:mad:

You can count MY business OUT!!!!!

:mad: