Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi Everyone!

pambandit
May 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
What a great site! Glad i found it. I live in Connecticut with my blacklabmix - Bandit and my cat - who thinks she's a dog! She hikes with Bandit and I in the back woods and keeps right up with us! So cute. I live for my dog and we travel all over together.. We drove out west and visited Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore - so awesome. We love to canoe, swim, camp, hike and love to see wildlife. The day I find a human (a guy!!) that is such a joy to spend time with and so much fun to travel with and just "be" with will be,,, I don't know,,, a miracle! haha.... ;)

One day I really hope to drive out to Alaska with Bandit... That's been my dream for a long time. I hope to chat with alot of you and I look forward to hearing your stories.

Pam, Bandit & Jesse :dog: :cat: :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
May 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Do you have a big vehicle? Cuz I've always wanted to drive out to Alaska, too! But we'll have to bring the Pack :D :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

They crowd vehicles almost as well as they crowd beds! :laughing:

Welcome to the forum, Pambandit!

And if you have any to share, we'd love to see pics of Bandit and Jesse!

SableCollie
May 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Welcome!

Alaska! That's a lot of driving from Connecticut!

I don't think the perfect guy exists, you're better off with dogs! :D

Shamrock
May 2nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Welcome, Pam:) You sound like a complete nature lover... Alaska would be SUCH a wonderful destination for you, I'm sure you will see it one day.:goodvibes: How cute that you have a kitty hiker!

Hope you will enjoy the site, love to see pics of your Bandit and Jesse.

rainbow
May 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the forum. You may just find that perfect guy up in Alaska.....I've heard that most of them are nature and animal lovers and there's a shortage of women up there too. :thumbs up Looking forward to pics of Bandit and his hiking partner Jesse. :D

pambandit
May 2nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
See,,,, Animal people are such nice folks! I have an idea... we'll all get a huge RV (don't know how we'll afford a million dollars,,, but just dream with me)... we'll all load up our animals and we'll all head out to Alaska!!! Wouldn't that be one heck of a road trip!

and to Hazelrunpack when we were driving thru Wisconsin,,, we stopped at a state park and they had a PET AREA - this is back in 2000 when dog parks weren't so common - and it was Awesome! It's called Lake Kegonsa State Park - ever been?? They had a Pet Swim Area where all the dogs were off their leashes swimming with they're own dock!! I gained so much appreciation for Wisconsin that day!! :D so great!

rainbow
May 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
I love your dream......I've always wanted to go to Alaska and the Yukon and Northwest Territories. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
and to Hazelrunpack when we were driving thru Wisconsin,,, we stopped at a state park and they had a PET AREA - this is back in 2000 when dog parks weren't so common - and it was Awesome! It's called Lake Kegonsa State Park - ever been?? They had a Pet Swim Area where all the dogs were off their leashes swimming with they're own dock!! I gained so much appreciation for Wisconsin that day!! :D so great!

I've never heard of it. Sounds very nice, though... What part of the state is it in? We're always looking for dog-friendly travel destinations...with 6, we don't get out much... :laughing: